Profile for Adam > Reviews

Content by Adam

Adam (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
[3 Pack] Micro USB Cable, LUORIZ 2m/6.6ft Extra Long Nylon Braided Android Charger Cables Charging for Samsung Galaxy, Samsung S6/S7, Samsung Note 4/5, Nexus, LG, Sony, HTC, Motorola, Kindle, Nokia and More - Silver Black
Offered by LUORIZ Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as robust as I'd hoped, 28 Sept. 2017
I'll address the title above immediately. The plastic you hold onto on the micro USB side has already slipped on one of the leads and I'd only used it approximately 20 times. This resulted in some confusion at first as the mini USB would not go all the way into the device, before I noticed what was wrong, and pulled the plastic back.

Besides that, there is no Luoriz branding on the mini USB side, it is plain black, which means you don't know which way to put it in at a glance.

A bit poor as to what I was expecting, but not quite return worthy.

Zoom H1 Handy Recorder Black with Accessories | Case, Mini Tripod, Pop Filter
Zoom H1 Handy Recorder Black with Accessories | Case, Mini Tripod, Pop Filter

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good - on the whole, 28 Sept. 2017
The mic itself is very sensitive and provides a very high quality sound. I can not imagine how much better the higher spec zooms are because this is A1 to me, and binaural to boot!

There is slight frustration when wanting to record intimately/close and really work the binaural aspect, with pops even with the shield on, but I consider this my error more than anything.

The included 2GB card is more than enough space if you only want to record .mp3 files, so unless you want to record to .wav, I would hold off on ordering a bigger card with the device.

Where this item falls down is the extra bits and bobs -

#1 The tripod is a bit lackluster and not robust in the least. Pull out legs, twist to lock.

#2 The travel case, while it's the most well made of the extras, leaves no allowance for the pop guard. It would have been nice if it was a small bag instead to actually house all the bits in the package! But to be fair, I was aware of what was in the pack and wasn't disappointed/expecting this.

#3 I wouldn't knock off a star for the above alone, but the hand grip is especially poor. There is no cushioning/soundproofing between the handle and the mic, so the mic even picks up my fingers creaking! (I think it might even pick up my pulse in them at times) To try and put it in perspective, my fingers don't audibly creak any more than the next person (that I'm aware of anyway!). So while I was enjoying the portability, on playback it's useless if you want a clean recording in a mostly quiet to quiet enviroment.

The case is the only item that is branded Zoom or that feels like it was made for the item. Everything else seems generic tat honestly. They could have gone to town and provided a high quality set of accessories, but what you get is a little embarassing to the brand. I would find it very hard to justify paying more than £10 extra for what you get, which is thankfully the sum I did pay.

If you don't want the travel case, already have a mini tripod and a shield that will fit it, there's very little reason to buy this accesory pack. The money would be better spent on a rechargeable battery set to keep you going.

Copper Kingdom
Copper Kingdom
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Fond Memories, 28 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Copper Kingdom (Audio CD)
I remember these songs from a production I was in as a child. It was nice to hear the ones I knew again, as they'd been stuck in my head for about 15 years!

Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Champ
Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Champ

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Tool, 28 Sept. 2017
Great. Invaluble. I use it practically every day. I'm glad I sprang for this model as the extra tools do come in handy to me. I can't tell you how many times it's saved me from getting my screwdrivers out for light work.

The only reason it's not five stars is that getting some of the tools out is quite fiddly. Take the awl for example - the groove in the steel for pulling it out is on the inside edge, when the tool is the first one on the outside edge of the pen knife!!! Why Victorinox, why?

4.0 out of 5 stars An Above Reasonable Entry Level Solar Backpack, 28 Sept. 2017
So this seemed a lot cheaper than other solar backpacks and long story short, it works. If you want your foot in the door at a lower price point, this is it. It includes a battery, which is a bonus.

I can confirm the pictures appear accurate as to the product I received.

Two small gripes:

#1 Hydration is in the title of this item "HOMCOM 6.5W Solar Panel Power Backpack Travel Camping Bag Hydration Back Pack Charger Charging w/ Removable Solar Panel For Phone", there is no bottle or water bladder, so I'm unsure what's going on there.

#2 The solar panel takes approximately 4 full days to charge the supplied battery - on our hottest sunniest days being left squarely in the sun. This was below my expectations of about 1-2 days max, as it seemed below the output I'd read for a 6.5W panel. I am a little disappointed.

The backpack seems solid for what it is. It will just fit a 17.3 inch laptop and the bottom has a padded pouch it will fit in (although the padding only goes less than halfway up the laptop, there is however padding all up the back - so some protection from that side/comfortable to wear), this was an unexpected bonus to me. I should stress again, this is not a fully padded laptop bag, but it works for me.

The battery has 1x2A 5V output and a 1x1A 5V output. Unsurprisingly, the 2A does not work with Qualcomm fast charging.

So this is great to get started with. If you're a light user on your mobile device and have it more for safety, then this is a valuable backup if you're out walking/hiking/camping. However, if you like to veg out on your device throughout the day (or have multiple devices to charge), you will need to purchase a more hefty backpack with a bigger solar panel. This does seem to cost 3x as much or more! So if you're more than 1 person, it might be more cost effective to get 2 of these if everything else is adequate for your needs. I would spring for a larger panel if it was worth it to me, but I can't justify the extra expense for my needs.

Due to the extra safety of this being a Prime item, I would recommend it.

ASUS ROG Strix GL753VD-GC082T 17.3 inch Full HD Gaming Laptop (Intel Kabylake i5-7300HQ Processor, 12 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050 4 GB Graphics, Full RGB Keyboard, Windows 10)
Offered by Buyur
Price: £1,048.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Sub standard screen., 14 Jun. 2017
Good spec let down by a screen that bleeds light fairly badly in places - although not as bad as two similarly spec'd HPs I also had to return. I have a 7 year old £350 Toshiba laptop that has a superior screen in terms of no bleed. My since deceased £1000 11 year old Toshiba laptop had an immaculate screen in terms of no light bleed too. Why are the screens on laptops getting worse? It's not unfair to say it's more important than with a desktop, as it is part and parcel of the PC and not as easily replaceable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2017 10:45 AM BST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped Working, 14 Jun. 2017
Bought 2. One failed within a year and so I was offered a replacement. Unlucky I thought. The second I bought has just failed, which is within 2 years. With all the other reviews here, I don't think luck is a factor.

The replacement for the first one is still working, but I won't be holding my breath.

As another reviewer pointed out, you are responsible for shipping for the replacement, which isn't low, to the Netherlands and high/not worth it if you want tracking. I just opted for proof of posting/regular postage and it happily worked out. Slightly asinine when I'd already provided them with photographic proof of the cards destruction (after they told me I could destroy it as all my data was still readable*, it had just lost the ability to write)- with the serial numbers visible, but they insisted they had to have it.

*To anyone who runs into the same problem, for me at least the card went into a read only mode, which meant I could get my data off it using a card reader - even though the phone wouldn't read it at all, nevermind write to it.

Both cards were bought for phones to expand storage and were literally never removed, so it's not like I was man handling them removing them 5000 times from different devices.

I expect far more from a Samsung product. Very poor. Between exploding phones and this, my confidence in the brand has gone down - although not to Sony levels yet!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2017 4:01 AM BST

Encona Original Hot Pepper Sauce (6 x 285Ml)
Encona Original Hot Pepper Sauce (6 x 285Ml)

1.0 out of 5 stars A more Vinegary Taste and Runnier Consistency, 26 May 2017
Bought 3 packs of this as I love(d?) Encona West Indian Hot Pepper Sauce. I'd mainly had it in glass bottles before and have had loads of it. However I hadn't had it in a month or more as it had been sold out everywhere for awhile when I bought this.

I just wasn't enjoying it and I thought I'd gone off it (and I'd bought so much of it!). However something made me buy a glass bottle of it in the supermarkets and it tasted like I remembered! The consistency in these squeezy bottles seems more runny and it tastes more vinegary, while losing the fruitiness I was used to. Side by side there is also a big difference in the colour (see pic).

One pack was a bit bashed up but luckily not leaking, but that's on Amazon and not reflected in my (already abysmal) rating.

Very disappointed.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Hitman GO
Hitman GO

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Enjoying, 15 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Hitman GO (App)
Really liked the other 2 Go games - Lara Croft & Deus Ex. However they have entirely skimped on animations here - there's not even an assassin animation, nevermind walking or running, it's all as simple as moving a chess piece or taking an opposing chess piece. Lazy. Hitman without the assassinations it's famous for?!

Now this could perhaps be forgiven if the puzzles were good, but all too often to 3 star a level you have do fo it twice. Once to pick up the suitcase which is placed somewhere in the level and once to just complete it in as few moves as possible. There are levels where you can do it them both at once, but all too often that isn't the "case".

The final nail in the coffin for me is that I HATE it when there are multiple enemies, where you then have to keep moving between two different tiles waiting until you can "thread" the needle between them. Ironically I complimented one of the previos Go games for not doing this, before Hitman became available with underground. Very happy I didn't spend money on this after the positive experiences from the other Go games.

Lara Croft GO
Lara Croft GO

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Puzzle Game, 7 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Lara Croft GO (App)
Fun turn based puzzle game (you move one square = enemies/obstacles move one square). It's hard enough at times to make you think without getting too far into the tedious "planning out your moves 10 steps in advance, so you can thread the hoard of enemies", style of play.

Ultimately more entertaining that the Deus Ex Go, as there is simply more content and there's also a welcome change in enemy diversity/tactics in the second story that keep, what was starting to get stale, fresh.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9