Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Nish Pfister > Reviews

Content by Nish Pfister

Nish Pfister "nhpfister" (Chulmleigh, Devon, U K)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Ben Sherman Men's BS129 Quartz Watch with Silver Dial Analogue Display and PU Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars nice looking, unpretentious watch, that just tells the time, 19 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I could have given it top marks, it is what it is, there is no pretence here. The size of the watch and its clear, unfussy design are good for my aged eyes and I find its looks pleasing. It came with leather straps, and those clockworks are all made by the same two or three factories, as far as I know, they rarely go wrong. Come to think of it, I will just give it top marks, because for this price I can't find any fault. These 'one trick ponies' might be on their way out, because we get used to looking on the mobile phone for the time, or have some multi purpose gadget on the wrist that also measures the heart beat (and makes cups of tea - well, not quite yet). I find I'm quite fond of these old style apparatuses and might look for an automatic mechanical watch. Until then, I wear this one, and I really like the look.

New GCSE French AQA Complete Revision & Practice (with CD & Online Edition) - Grade 9-1 Course

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made teaching/learning aids, 19 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love those combined revision and practice books, I've used the ones for Maths in teaching for years. (I'm a Maths tutor) This one I got for myself, to refresh my meagre French capabilities. I get the impression that a lot of care is taken in making these books, because they are well structured. They highlight the most important bits, and guide you forward step by step. Top marks.

New GCSE Maths AQA Practice Papers: Foundation - for the Grade 9-1 Course
New GCSE Maths AQA Practice Papers: Foundation - for the Grade 9-1 Course

5.0 out of 5 stars Good training material for the Maths exam., 19 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Reliable as ever, CGP provides practice papers for the new syllabus GCSE exams. I'm a Maths tutor and I've used their material for years - it's consistently good. There isn't really anything else to be said, practice exam papers just need to be good examples of what to expect in the exams, they have always been good, these look decent as well.

New GCSE Maths AQA Practice Papers: Higher - for the Grade 9-1 Course
New GCSE Maths AQA Practice Papers: Higher - for the Grade 9-1 Course
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Training material for the new syllabus GCSE exams., 19 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What to say, for the new syllabus we need as much practice material as we can get, since there are no past papers. CGP has got them. I'm glad. (I'm a Maths tutor)

In the Shadow of Mount Sinai
In the Shadow of Mount Sinai
by Peter Sloterdijk

1.0 out of 5 stars Once you are famous, you can publish your rants?, 1 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really tried. Again and again I went back and had another go, reading a few more pages. This bock irritates me, greatly. I got it because I liked his "Critique der zynischen Vernunft" which I read some time ago, appreciating the wit and the irreverence. But this... apparently a book about monotheism, it's called a "clarification of his thoughts on religion". Clarification, my arse. I can't find any clarity in it. He seems to set out to complicate sentences as much as possible. May be that's how he thinks these days. But the book is also deeply unscientific: he picks examples at random from the last two and a half thousand years, none of them referenced properly. It leaves the impression that he uses things he vaguely remembers to suit the point he wants to make. Like the biblical story of the tower of Babel. He jumps on it from some deliberations on Herder's "enthusiastic interpretation of ethnic pluralism", because: "the matter itself and the mental disquiet accompanying it go back to antiquity".
The whole book is built this way. My impression of it: it's a rant on religion, specifically considering monotheistic religion and the bible in particular. The man expresses himself in a highly complicated fashion, lots of his statements aren't deduced logically or follow on from previous thoughts.
I'm not going to bother reading the rest of the book. There are better things to do in life.

Billy + Margot White Fish and Potato Biscuits (Treats) 100g, Pack of 4
Billy + Margot White Fish and Potato Biscuits (Treats) 100g, Pack of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars full marks from the boys, 14 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Five stars, because both dogs (one Jack Russel, one Lurcher) are very keen. So much so, we can use it as treats to train the youngster (the Lurcher)

Billy + Margot Apple, Banana & Carrot Nutritious Training Biscuits 125g, Pack of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Full marks from the boys, 14 Feb. 2016

Berghaus Men's Fourstones Parka - Blue (Navy), Large
Berghaus Men's Fourstones Parka - Blue (Navy), Large
Offered by Springfield Camping Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars good for all weathers, 14 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this parka, it fits, it sits well when moving, it seems to breathe, because you don't sweat in it. With the weather we had this winter in Devon, it got tested really well. Lots of rain, driving wind, on some days it went from mild and wet to biting cold wind in a few hours. All the way through I felt comfortable and snug in this parka. Full marks. What I like is that you can clip it shut with the poppers if you quickly throw it on and the hood is also very easily secured with velcro. If you need you can also wrap yourself seriously, with zip, poppers, tightening around the wrists, around the waist, securing the hood, that would help in more severe weather than we've got here I imagine. Anyway, I'm very happy with it.

The Dark Defiles (A Land Fit for Heroes series Book 3)
The Dark Defiles (A Land Fit for Heroes series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sword and magic, intelligent, engaging, different., 22 Jan. 2016
He is one of my favourite writers. I think I read all of his books. The worlds his stories play in are not all that different from other writers' of fantasy and science fiction, but he writes engaging stories with characters you care for. I especially like that his characters are not black and white. They can agonise over what to do, right and wrong, feel sorry or embarrassed over what they did in the past. Like real people. This book is very much a sequel, I don't know how well it would work not having read the previous books. Maybe this is only because I was waiting eagerly for it, having liked the story and the characters a lot. The heroes of the story are on no account goodies, but they can fight, and they are loyal to their friends. When one is in trouble, the others help out. They all set out on an expedition and soon things start to go wrong. War is declared in their absence and they are on the wrong side of the ocean in enemy territory. Then there are indications of a big threat to the world by an alien species. Dark forces helping the aliens to come through, and even some gods are concerned. What is called for is a lot of cunning, fighting experience, magic, diplomacy, and sometimes, brute force. What makes Richard Morgan's books different from a lot of similar stories? He writes intelligently, sensitively, and his characters show that. Oh, and a rare thing in the genre: a main character is gay.

ZULKY® Latest 3 in 1 Micro Usb Host OTG HDTV Adapter SD / Micro SD Card Reader HDMI Connection Kit For Samsung Galaxy S5 S3 S4 Note 4 Note 3 Note2 MHL to HDMI USB 2 Host
Offered by Midland Traders

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful tool for connecting memory cards, 26 Dec. 2015
Works perfectly well with all my devices. It's a useful tool for quickly connecting memory cards, because just about all devices have USB sockets.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14