Profile for AUBREY > Reviews

Flexitol Heel Balm Medically Proven Treatment For Dry & Cracked Heels - 112g
Offered by Footcare UK Ltd
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars it heals, 16 May 2014
Over the years I've tried different things for very bad cracked heels [and cuticles] but Flexitol does the job that others don't. Within a day or two the problems are solved and cracks healing. I've bought it locally in the past, but it was far cheaper to buy it via Amazon.

The Pedant In The Kitchen
The Pedant In The Kitchen
Price: 4.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly funny, 23 Jan 2014
I enjoyed every minute of this book, it had me laughing out loud at times, and it rang many bells with my own culinary adventures. Also, it gave me a few new ideas for the kitchen repertoire,

The Abomination (The Carnivia Trilogy 1)
The Abomination (The Carnivia Trilogy 1)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars strangely enjoyable, 5 Aug 2013
It was a gripping read, set in a city I love, and that city was very well evoked.
The plot was a bit labyrinthine at times, but perhaps that's me getting more and more senior.
I enjoyed the interplay of the different characters, especially the carabinieri [spelling?] and US military.
It touched on topical themes, women 'priests', and war crimes and how the truth, as dear Oscar said, is never pure and rarely simple.
So, where and when do we get the next two books in the 'Trilogy'.

The Telegraph
The Telegraph
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 July 2013
This review is from: The Telegraph (App)
I've subscribed to the print edition for many years, and this kindle app. allows me to read the paper while I'm waiting for the paper boy to arrive, especially useful with school hols. the lad's lie in.

The only thing is, I can't see the Toughie crossword anywhere on it.

Otherwise, it's super.

Thanks.

Live TV World(Kindle Tablet Edition)
Live TV World(Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: 1.31

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 21 July 2013
I didn't realise that this app. would only supply me with three UK channels, and none of them I want, and most of the USA ones are religious ones.

The only channel I enjoy - up to a point - is CBN news - but hey, for 64p.

Jvp Dog & Cat Skin-eze 50g
Jvp Dog & Cat Skin-eze 50g
Offered by Midland Outdoor
Price: 2.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Skin-eze, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Jvp Dog & Cat Skin-eze 50g (Misc.)
This was recommended to me for my little dog, who often gets irritations in the Summer. It works a treat and stops the itchiness.
I must confess I have used it on myself when I've caught the sun, and part of my forehead is sore. Again, it works - but tell my GP that,

Yumove Supplement Tablet (300 Tablets)
Yumove Supplement Tablet (300 Tablets)
Price: 34.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog pills, 31 May 2013
My dog was getting stiff and a friend recommended YUMOVE. Within days she was more agile, so I give her one a day, and very occasionally an extra one. They are chewable so there's none of the crushing them and disguising them.

so, at a local shop I bought the first box, and they cost 13 for 60; with Amazon I got 300 for c. 35, a saving of some 30. Brilliant, and the dog's happy too.

Romeo And Juliet - The Balcony Scene
Romeo And Juliet - The Balcony Scene
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Music, 8 April 2013
Lovely and evocative music, 'on tap' now on my Kindle Fire. It is such a haunting piece, and evokes the mood of the drama wonderfully.

Flexitol Heel Balm 112g
Flexitol Heel Balm 112g
Offered by Activecare Online
Price: 8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle, 8 April 2013
I have tried all manner of creams over the years for cracked heels and cracks by my fingernails. This balm does what it says on the packet, rapidly healing both areas of cracks and discomfort.
Initialy I was given some by a friend, then bought some in the High Street, then found it on Amazon at a much reduced price.

Goodbye problem.

My Rosary
My Rosary
Price: 0.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire Rosary, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: My Rosary (App)
I used to pray the Rosary but had lapsed. Now that I have a Kindle Fire, and have downloaded this, I have been inspired to begin again, with a very easy to use [and use prayerfully] version. I personally opt out of the holy music but many may find this helpful. The images and the layout are very attractive, but soon become secondary as one actually prays.

Personally I find the physical beads of the traditional rosary a distraction, so this 'new toy' has actually revitalised the prayer for me.

Page: 1 | 2