Profile for Timothy Kirrin > Reviews

Content by Timothy Kirrin
Top Reviewer Ranking: 466

Timothy Kirrin
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Revlon Pediprep Foot Spa
Revlon Pediprep Foot Spa

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but noisy, 18 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you're looking for a relaxing spa experience this is probably not the product for you. The foot spa is incredibly noisy.
Despite the noise my feet felt pampered and very soft after use. The jet bubble stream is particularly soothing on aching feet and the foot spa regulates the water temperature, keeping it at the same temperature you put in, so should you somehow manage to ignore the noise and fall asleep you won't wake up with cold toes!
All around it is a good basic foot spa. Would be nicer if there were different levels for the bubbles and of course the noise but still a nice treat for your feet.

Silentnight The Complete Bed Set, 10.5 Tog - Double
Silentnight The Complete Bed Set, 10.5 Tog - Double
Offered by Branded_Bedding

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 14 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is surprisingly poor quality for a Silentnight product. The duvet, even for an 'autumn/spring' one, is very thin and gives out little warmth, and it seems to lack the softness I expect from a duvet, it feels coarse and crinkly. As for the pillows, they're as flat as pancakes, I used two together and they barelt felt as soft and supportive as one decent pillow would. They don't bounce back or feel at all comfortable under my head. The only reasonable quality item in the set is the mattress protector, which is perhaps the least important part of a duvet/pillow set. I wouldn't recommend it, there are better quality duvets and pillows to be had for this price or even less.

Vidal Sassoon Easy Wrap Wand
Vidal Sassoon Easy Wrap Wand
Offered by ASSETtrail at JPS Chartered Surveyors

4.0 out of 5 stars Best results on long or thick hair, not so good for curling fine hair, 13 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not all curling wands are the same. It didn't work so well on my hair, which is above shoulder length and very fine. This is a very special wand, the barrel is thicker than that of an average wand, intended for those with thick and/or long hair, to create volume, and beautiful waves and ringlets. I wouldn't recommend it for fine or short hair if the look you want to create requires small, tight curls. I tried this without success, but despite the result not being quite what I'd intended, I was thrilled with it all the same. It gave my limp, fine, overbleached hair bounce and body, with a few loose curls around the face, which I liked. My friend, who has long, thick hair (having never destroyed it with peroxide) also tried it, and the result was stunning, perfect ringlets which framed her face and cascaded down her back. The actual wand only has one heat setting, it heats very quickly in less than a minute, and has a heat proof glove to protect you from light contact with the heated barrel. I found the cord a little bit on the short side and had to move the mirror closer to the socket, but that's a minor quibble. The barrel has diamond shapes along it which apparently prevent kinks in your curls, how this works I'm not sure but I didn't notice any kinks in my hair. It's the high quality you'd expect from Vidal Sassoon and can produce gorgeous results, but be aware that this wand will give very different results on thick'fine'long/short hair, and bear in mind the result you want before buying.

"Father Ted" (BBC Audio)
"Father Ted" (BBC Audio)
by Graham Lineham
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun to listen to but poor sound quality, 2 Nov. 2015
This is the television soundtracks to four Father Ted episodes, 'The Plague', 'A Song for Europe', 'The Passion of St. Tibulus', and 'Cigarettes, Alcohol and Rollerblading'. It hasn't been re-mastered and the sound quality isn't very clear, and there is linking narration over sections where the audio alone doesn't describe the action. For a Father Ted enthusiast, it's a nice thing to have to listen to in the car or as an audiobook in bed after a stressful day, although the quality lets it down just a wee bit.

Garnier Garnier Body 7 Days Honey Hand Milk 100 ml - Pack of 3
Garnier Garnier Body 7 Days Honey Hand Milk 100 ml - Pack of 3

4.0 out of 5 stars Works wonders on dry skin, doesn't absorb well into skin that isn't dry, 2 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With many hand creams for dry skin, you can use them on any skin type and get great results. I normally use an intensive nivea cream on hands that are not especially dry, and it absorbs well leaving my hands smooth and soft. With this garnier hand milk, though, it seems to be a product specifically for dry skin as when I use it on my hands, it leaves a rubbery sort of texture on the skin and doesn't seem to absorb very well. However, I tried just using it on my fingertips and cuticles, which are quite dry, and it soaks in well and leaves them in really good condition. I also tried it on my feet, which are prone to dry skin on the heels, and the result was fantastic, the dry, cracked skin instantly became soft and looked very healthy. I would advise against thinking that this is a dry skin cream that can be used universally to give beautiful soft skin; if your skin doesn't need this intensive therapy it will sit like an oil slick. If, though, you have very dry skin, it works like a dream.

Garnier Skin Naturals Fresh 24H Day Cream 50ml
Garnier Skin Naturals Fresh 24H Day Cream 50ml
Offered by Home of Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and light, smells gorgeous and leaves skin soft and healthy looking, 2 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't think you can go wrong with Garnier moisturisers. This one is inexpensive, effective, gentle, and has a wonderful scent which does remind me of a fresh bunch of grapes. Even the pastel green pot is pretty and feminine. Everything about this is lovely, but what makes it indispensable for me is how light it is on the skin. Before discovering this little beauty, I'd used another brand which claimed to be light but which, if not fully rubbed into the skin within a few seconds, would settle in a creamy veneer. This cream really is soft and light on the skin, and the rose fragrance makes it feel even more delicate and feminine. It's a good, nourishing cream, though, which leaves my skin incredibly soft. I'm usually allergic to fragranced creams but this doesn't cause any problems. Perfection in a pot.

Breville Brita Filter Jug Kettle, 3000 W, Silver
Breville Brita Filter Jug Kettle, 3000 W, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and cleans water, but heavy with small capacity, 28 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It only has a four cup capacity when filled to maximum, and as I use big mugs for tea (I'm from Yorkshire, it's medicinal) I only get three and dregs of water for the fourth mug. It wouldn't be suitable for a large family who drink tea together. It's a bit heavier than a standard kettle, which may not be suitable for elderly people or those with weak wrists. Having said that, the taste of the tea is noticably different from my old kettle which had no filter. The water is cripser, with no limescale, and the flavour of the tea is much better, it even smells better. It's nice to get to the bottom of the cup and not see limescale at the bottom, knowing you've been swallowing it. I'm happy with it, despite its small capacity, as I live alone and don't need more than one cup of tea at a time. It clarifies the water beautifully and looks attractive on the worktop when it lights up in aqua-blue.

Pet Brands Me To You I Love My Dog Tennis Balls
Pet Brands Me To You I Love My Dog Tennis Balls

5.0 out of 5 stars Not very bouncy, but seem durable, 28 Oct. 2015
My human bought me these as part of our deal, she has to replace any ball that she puts in the bin. She recently threw away one of my favourite balls, I'd worked really hard on it and had almost got all the felt off it, and had made a good sized hole in the rubber underneath. My human siad something about 'choking' and threw it away, but I used the sad-eye method to make her buy me some more. She bought me this pack of three, lovely pale blue balls which I loved straight away and almost forgot about the beauty that went in the bin...almost. These are good though, because I can see them really well against grass. They don't bounce much, but I mainly want them for chewing in my den behind the sofa, and they do give a good throw when we go out. I've had them a few weeks now and haven't managed to get the felt off yet, but I keep trying.

William Armes Rug Stop, 130 x 60 cm
William Armes Rug Stop, 130 x 60 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars No more rug sliding, 28 Oct. 2015
I had a rug in the hall, and each time my dog came hurtling down stairs she'd end up rug-sliding the length of the passage. She thought it was great fun, but I was worried about her injuring herself. I ordered this rug-stop, and it's solved the problem instantly. When it arrived, I flipped the rug over to cut the rug stop to size. The dog was impressed with the soft, springy rug stop and went to sleep on it, on the upturned rug, for a while. Once the rug was the right way up, with rug stop firmly underneath, the rug has not moved so much as a millimeter. The dog no longer slides down the hall, and I've discovered an unforseen joy in hoovering the rug without it moving. You can take the rug up to re-position it if you wish, it just peels back up (I have vinyl flooring) although on a carpet surface it may adhere more firmly as it's lightly adhesive. I used to have to secure the corner with my foot as I hoovered it, and even then it still ended up in the air, but now I can clean it effortlessly. It's a very effective product and well worth the money.

Brainstorm Toys Aurora Northern & Southern Lights Projector
Brainstorm Toys Aurora Northern & Southern Lights Projector

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational toy and relieves stress, too, 27 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've never seen an aurora. I was silly enough to live on the Yorkshire Coast, where fog obscured this rare spectacle when it did happen at this latitude. Replicating the drama of these lights in the sky isn't a small undertaking, and nothing would ever come close to the natural wonder of them, but this little gadget gives it a good go. It has five different light settings ranging through the various colours displayed in auroras, and there are two discs cut out in the shapes of the Northern and Southern Lights which rotate over the light source. What you get is a pretty good replica of a natural phenomenon, an ethereal, undulating pattern of light which flickers and flows over the wall or ceiling. You can adjust the angle to project it directly upwards, or forwards. It's marketed as an educational children's toy and serves this purpose brilliantly, with a booklet giving information about what auroras are and how they function. However, if you have any kind of stress or need to relax, this is possibly one of the best things you could buy. Lie back in a darkened room and watch these beautiful iridescent shapes form and dissipate like sprites, and feel your tension float away. With its educational value, stress relief and its sheer loveliness, this is a wonderful thing to have.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20