Profile for Mark Buckley > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Confidence Golf Leather Waterproof Shoes White
Confidence Golf Leather Waterproof Shoes White

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and good price, 17 May 2012
I was very impressed when these shoes were delievered. Arrived promptly (i needed them for a round the coming weekend) and without even breaking them in they were very comfortable heading straight out onto the course. Very good price as i had done plenty of hunting aorund on ebay and specialist online golf shops and these were around 50% cheaper than i had previously found.

Where The Bodies Are Buried
Where The Bodies Are Buried
by Christopher Brookmyre

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great by Brookmyre, 25 April 2012
I have had this book for a while and only just got round to reading it on holiday recently, having just come back onto Amazon i was suprised by the mixed reaction. I really enjoyed the book and as a Brookmyre fan fell some of the critical reviews are over the top.

His previous book, 'Pandaemonium' was a real game changer and you can see he is trying to mix things up as an author. This book is back to what we are more use to seeing and it is done well. I felt myself drawn into the characters and can really see potential with a number of them for future books (i would love to actually see Jack Parlabane, Angelique de Xavia and an individual in the current book who shall remain nameless for plot reasons, mix it up some time)

With sharp wit that kept me laughing out loud and a good pace to the story i would recommend this for current fans or people picking this up as a first Brookmyre. I can't wait for 'When the Devil Drives'.

Priest [DVD]
Priest [DVD]
Dvd ~ Paul Bettany
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Wait until it is on the TV, 25 April 2012
This review is from: Priest [DVD] (DVD)
I am a massive fan of Paul Bettany but i think he has let himself down with this film. He is average at best and probably the highlight as the dark and brooding lead. Some of the action and special effects are ok but not really worth paying for, i wish i had waited until late one Wednesday evening in a year or so's time when this film with grace Channel 5 for 87 mins plus adverts.

Does add wait to my theory that a good film must be between 90-150 mins in length.

A Lovely Love Story
A Lovely Love Story
by Edward Monkton

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wedding Reading and Present, 26 Oct. 2011
This review is from: A Lovely Love Story (Hardcover)
Am doing a suprise reading at my sisters wedding (hope she isn't reading this!) and found this poem online. Decided it was just perfect for the event and was just planning to read a print out. However my girlfriend sportted this book online so i snapped it up on here. It is really well presented and will make for a great gift that i will leave a note in and sign for my sister and her husband to be.

Wasting Light
Wasting Light
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasting Light will not waste your time!, 11 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Wasting Light (Audio CD)
The Foo Fighters 7th album and I think my second favorite already, only having owned it about 6 weeks. Guitarist Pat Smear re-joins as an official member of the band for the first time since The Colour and the Shape (my favourite album). The recording of the album was filmed as part of a career-spanning documentary called Back and Forth which I also have brought and am waiting to watch with the girlfriend.

A few critics have not liked this album claiming it was designed for stadium pleasing songs whoever I would disagree. Though I have seen the Foo's twice recently at the MK Bowl and Oxegen Festival I think I actually enjoyed the songs from this new album more when they are belting out from my car on the trip to and from work. There isn't a song on the album I don't like, though White Limo took a few listens and I am fairly indifferent to A Matter of Time and Miss the Misery. My highlights are probably Dear Rosemary and Arlandria while my girlfriend loves These Days.

In summary, great album, if you like the Foo's you need to own it, if you don't really know their songs this will get you hooked and buying the back catalogue.

5 Star Office Noticeboard Cork with Pine Frame W900xH600mm
5 Star Office Noticeboard Cork with Pine Frame W900xH600mm

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and does the job, 9 May 2011
I was after a cheap pin board the same size as a world map (also brought on Amazon) so ordered this one. Is fairly flimsy but does the job of marking 'where i have been' in the world. Would imagine the board won't stand up to excessive use but you can't expect that for the price paid. Delivery was prompt even on the free 3-5 delivery and the packaging was excellent. Is holding my map and two dozen pins perfectly and i am happy with my buy.

Dexter: Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dexter: Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael C. Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Great twist on classic concept, 27 April 2011
Well i had this recommended by a friend and expected a standard crime/slasher series with your regular good guys and bad guys. But the main character is 'the bad guy', but he's actually a good guy (?), and there is another bad guy (i won't say any more), brilliant! Never quite knew where the series was heading but enjoyed the ride and could not wait to get the second series........

PILATES-MAD 125KG Anti Burst Swiss Ball and Pump
PILATES-MAD 125KG Anti Burst Swiss Ball and Pump
Offered by Selo Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, 26 April 2011
I ordered this when in the Falklands so i could use it to sit on while watching tv in the evenings and work the Abs a little. It did the job but only just as was slightly small and did deflate fairly easily and need topping up on a regular basis. However i wanted it quickly and to cover a 3-4 month period and it did that fine. If i was to order one for regular use in the UK I would probably look to spend a little more money in order to get the better quality.

Slendertone System Abs Belt for Men (Packaging may vary)
Slendertone System Abs Belt for Men (Packaging may vary)

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful addition to regular Training, 26 April 2011
Well i can certainly say my Abs are improving and part of that will be down to this product, i use the gym and play sport as well so i'm not sure how much this is generally contibuting.

It is easy to use and once you are use to the process it is easy to do while watching the tv/reading the paper.

I did only buy this product as it was in the sale though, i think its full proce is slightly too high bearing in mind all the gel pads you have to continue buying as you use the system.

Mass Effect - 2 Disk Special - Classics Edition (Xbox 360)
Mass Effect - 2 Disk Special - Classics Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by media-4-u

4.0 out of 5 stars Stepping back in time after Mass Effect 2, 26 April 2011
I completed Mass Effect 2 last year and having really enjoyed it decided to step back in time and go back to the orginal, the game play after a couple of hours of playing this one is just as good as the second and i'm looking forward to it developing further. As my old xbox died i will be looking to re-attack Mass Effect 2 with the character i end up with by the end of this game and look forward to Mass Effect 3 later this year!

Page: 1 | 2