Profile for Clive Culbertson > Reviews

Content by Clive Culbertson

Clive Culbertson "cliveculbertson" (N.Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
The Bass Book: A Complete Illustrated History of Bass Guitars
The Bass Book: A Complete Illustrated History of Bass Guitars
by Barry Moorhouse

4.0 out of 5 stars A great history let down by crappy b and w pics., 29 Jan. 2016
A fine history of the evolution of the bass guitar. Let down only by the cheap paper it's printed on and the very grainy black and white pics of classic basses. It should have been the same size as The Fender Bass Book and all the pics should have been in full colour. I would have happily paid extra.

The Fender Bass - an Illustrated History
The Fender Bass - an Illustrated History
by J. W. Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for bass players., 29 Jan. 2016
The best book about the Fender bass. Great history and full colour pics. It's had lots of reading since I bought it.

60 Years of Fender: Six Decades of the Greatest Electric Guitars
60 Years of Fender: Six Decades of the Greatest Electric Guitars
by Tony Bacon

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all guitar players., 29 Jan. 2016
A great book. It's been read many times since I got it. Excellent full colour pics of classic Fender guitars.

Full Circle
Full Circle

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful album., 29 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Full Circle (Audio CD)
The original Roger Nichols and the Small Circle of Friends album remains a classic of 60s music. Great songs. Beautifully sung and sonically magnificent. Even today. One of my all time favourite albums.
This new album Full Circle, from 09 is very beautiful. They still make a great sound and there are some beautiful songs. There aren't as many GREAT songs on here as there should have been. A lovely album though. Well worth buying. It's had a lot of playing since I bought it.

Voices
Voices
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Oak Ridge Boys album, 12 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Voices (Audio CD)
I love the Oak Ridge Boys. I bought this album when it came out in 1999 and it remains my favourite album of theirs. A magnificent selection of songs. They are in fine voice as always. If you like great country songs and great harmonies buy this. You won't be disappointed.

Will You Be Staying After Sunday
Will You Be Staying After Sunday

5.0 out of 5 stars A great 60s pop album. Love it., 12 Nov. 2015
A beautiful 60s album by Peppermint Rainbow. All the singles are here but I have to say their biggest hit Will you be staying after Monday is worth the price of this album. I love the sound they make. Beautiful voices. I've played the cd constantly since I got it a few days ago. Wonderful.

The Pretty Things Parachute - 40th Anniversary Edition
The Pretty Things Parachute - 40th Anniversary Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album ruined by crappy remastering., 12 Nov. 2015
I originally bought this album on vinyl. I loved it then. I bought the rerelease from ten or so years ago. Very good but like all these older albums it had lost something in the remastering. I bought this 40 th anniversary album as it was supposed to be a new remaster. Unfortunately the magnificent harmonies have slipped further into the mix with over compression. Also there's a trend with remastering nowadays to remove tape hiss and that lovely valve top end. I wish they would stop that. My vinyl version sounds so much better than this. But musically it's a great album.

Suspending Disbelief
Suspending Disbelief
Offered by WORLD WIDE MEDIA MARKET (12-24 Days for Delivery from California)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb album from one of the greatest songwriters of all time., 12 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Suspending Disbelief (Audio CD)
Another stunning album from my favourite songwriter of all time. Postcard from Paris is worth the price of this album.

Flight Recorder
Flight Recorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 60s pop album, 12 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Flight Recorder (Audio CD)
I bought the singles from Pinkerton's and Flying Machine in my youth. Soon as this rerelease came out on cd I bought it. At least ten or 12 magnificent songs beautifully done by this seriously underrated band. If u can get a copy at a sensible price buy it. I love it.

Martika's Kitchen (CD)
Martika's Kitchen (CD)
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars A few great songs, 5 May 2015
This review is from: Martika's Kitchen (CD) (Audio CD)
A few great songs from a great singer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13