Profile for Victor K. > Reviews

Content by Victor K.

Victor K. (Liverpool, UK)

Rode RodeLink Filmmaker Kit
Rode RodeLink Filmmaker Kit
Offered by MusicMatter

3.0 out of 5 stars Fragile Micon-1 adapter, 13 Jan. 2016
The kit is very easy to use, sound is excellent, good value, period. However I give it 3 stars because of the fragile Micon-1 adapter. Here is my story: the original one couldn't lock on, returned it, bought another off ebay (same merchant Music-matter), same problem(couldn't lock on), I wrote to Rode UK, they sent me two new adapters(excellent customer service), both can lock on, I was happy, then after a few times of use, no sound, replaced the adapter (luckily Rode sent me two), it works, I am very concerned that the last one won't last long, am I the only one that encountered this issue?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2016 7:38 AM BST

Bulk Hardware Triple Hat and Coat Hook - Chrome
Bulk Hardware Triple Hat and Coat Hook - Chrome

4.0 out of 5 stars hooks look fine, but the screws are not all good (some ..., 8 July 2015
hooks look fine, but the screws are not all good (some are not straight), you'd better have your own ones prepared.

SanDisk Extreme 64 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 245 MB/s
SanDisk Extreme 64 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 245 MB/s

3.0 out of 5 stars It is twice quicker than my another USB3. 0 ..., 6 Sept. 2014
It is twice quicker than my another USB3.0 flash drive, but I wish it was made of metal or rubberized, it flexes when I press it a bit harder, not sure how long it will last, Sandisk shouldn't use some cheap plastic to make this item.

Sevenoak SK-ARM02 Mount with Articulated Arm 11 Inch
Sevenoak SK-ARM02 Mount with Articulated Arm 11 Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars The sweet spot!, 26 Mar. 2014
There are a couple of 11 inch articulated arms from various manufacturers at amazon, prices range from £16 - £150, I am not kidding, Manfrotto MEDIUM HYDROSTAT ARM costs £149! If money is no object, just buy the manfrotto, I believe it is the toughest one and would probably last lifelong. But if you are budget-minded and you still want a quality one, Sevenoak would be your best choice, it is all metal constructed unlike some cheaper ones in which the wheels are made of plastic. There are "teeth" built in the joints themselves, if you are not sure what "teeth" I meant, check out this video: [...]
I wrote to the company to ask if the cylinder could be unscrewed 'cause it was so tight that I was afraid to break it with too much force, I received a positive reply from their customer service in due time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2014 8:30 AM BST

Manfrotto Micro Ball Head with Hot Shoe Mount
Manfrotto Micro Ball Head with Hot Shoe Mount

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 24 Mar. 2014
it is so solid, although expensive than many others.
I use it to fit the Ninja Blade field recorder on the hot shoe of my panasonic GH3.

Yongnuo YN-300 LED Illumination Dimming Video Light for Canon 5D,7D,50D,60D,500D,550D,600D,1000D,1100D; Nikon D700,D300,D400,D200,D90,D60,D3,D2,D1,D7000,D5000,D3100,D3000; Olympus E620,E520,E510,E500,E420,E3,E1,E-P3,EP2,EPL-3,EPL-2; Panasnic LX5,GH1 GF1 GF2; Pentax; Fuji; Sony DSLR/SLR & Camcorder +IR Remote Upgrade from YN160 YN160S CN160
Offered by SZDINGYU

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 3 Mar. 2014
For this price and the quality, this might be your best choice for photographers and indie filmmakers.
I wanted some travel lights relatively powerful and also able to be fit in my luggage for travel shoots, I did a lot of research before making the purchase, other similar ones cost about £150 - £500, they might be slightly robust , but yongnuo YN-300 isn't filmy either, if you are careful, this little one will serve you long, it is so light and powerful. I have a Sony HVL-LBPB, this thing cost me £450 when I bought it 2 year ago. Just a small note on the barn doors, they produce some striped shadows, I wish they were black.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2015 1:17 PM BST

Speedo Mens 150 Lap Smoke And Black Watch
Speedo Mens 150 Lap Smoke And Black Watch

2.0 out of 5 stars It lasted a year or so, then..., 8 Oct. 2012
the display started fading, new batteries didn't help,
a bit disappointd with its lifespan, I give it 2 stars as it has served me a year.

Creative Zen Vision 30GB - Black
Creative Zen Vision 30GB - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Good player but one big drawback..., 18 Aug. 2006
I put some maps (jpg pictures) and found out that I can't zoom in/out the pictures at all, how disappointed.....