Profile for Mrs. C. Beavers > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Other Place
The Other Place

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written but confusing, 24 July 2013
This review is from: The Other Place (Kindle Edition)
I felt the author was a good writer, only her topic confused me. It was an unlikely story from the start and she did well managing to tie in all the ends at the end. I am not a great fan of "happy ever after" endings.

A Hole in the Ground (Bello)
A Hole in the Ground (Bello)

3.0 out of 5 stars A well written story but hard to believe., 24 July 2013
The author can write, unfortunately what she cannot do is make a believable story from her writing. I found it hard to believe especially at the end when all the tangles were solved.

The Lady of Sorrows (Mysteries of Greek Detective Book 4)
The Lady of Sorrows (Mysteries of Greek Detective Book 4)

2.0 out of 5 stars Farfetched, 24 July 2013
This story was very far fetched and unbelievable. The fat man wandered about in an absent minded manner and how he found out the mysteries of the story is very difficult to understand. I would not read another story by this author.

Sacred Hearts
Sacred Hearts

4.0 out of 5 stars Allmost, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Sacred Hearts (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book very much but would say it was let down at the end. The heroine escaped by taking a death drug and hidden in a box of pillows and sheets, so escaping to be with her lover. Too much over the top unfortunately.

Toys - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
Toys - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

5.0 out of 5 stars Given, 7 Jun. 2013
Given but not thanked. I do hope it arrived safely and if it did it is an excellent gift for a little boy who loves his books. Who knows?

Gentlemen & Players
Gentlemen & Players

4.0 out of 5 stars mix up, 7 Jun. 2013
I enjoyed this book but I did become a bit mixed up to who was actually "speaking". At one time I felt Roy was the young boy who was now a teacher but then another time he seemed to be referring to Roy. Maybe the next time I read it it will sort itself out. it is hard in the kindle to turn back and read previous chapters and you then lose your original place. Hope this makes sense.

Red Joan
Red Joan

5.0 out of 5 stars Joan the Spy, 7 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Red Joan (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this whole book. So different and so well written. More similar please Jennie and I'll buy them.

20 Golden Greats (Special Collection)
20 Golden Greats (Special Collection)
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars Nat, 7 Jun. 2013
Always a favourite with me and my husband. Takes us back, far back to your young days. Who can beat Nat King Cole, not many.

Anne of Green Gables Stories: 12 Books, 142 Short Stories, Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, Anne of the Island, Anne's House of Dreams, Rainbow Valley, Rilla of Ingleside, Chronicles and More

4.0 out of 5 stars Anne of Avonlea, an old story worth reading again., 7 May 2013
I HAVE NOT YET READ THESE STORIES BUT HAVING PREVIOUSLY READ THEM AND WATCHED THEM ON T.V. I KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT AND SHALL ENJOY THEM AGAIN IN FUTURE. WELL WRITTEN AND GOOD FOR CHILDREN TOO.

Black Bakelite Pot Pan Pressure Cooker Cookware Ear Handgrip Hardware Short Side Handle
Offered by sourcingmap

3.0 out of 5 stars Pressure handle, 7 May 2013
I found the handle fitted my Prestege Pressure cooker but the screw was too short and it was difficult to find one that fitted. Still working on it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5