Profile for C. Leslie > Reviews

Content by C. Leslie

C. Leslie "barryleslie2"

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (PSP)
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (PSP)

1.0 out of 5 stars I am really sorry to disappoint, 2 Aug. 2009
I was really sad at reading the other review of this game. I am afraid that it is indeed true. I usually find even bland games ok to play, but this is so bad I took it straight back to the shops. It reminded me of playing a gameboy game. Why couldn't they have followed on from the amazing Star Wars:The Force Unleashed. That had gorgeous graphics, amazing gameplay and a good story. This is like eating a rich-tea biscuit that has lost all of it's taste! A sad disappointment...Money back please!

Apple iPod - 30GB - White [video playback] MA002FB/A
Apple iPod - 30GB - White [video playback] MA002FB/A

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't listen to the negative. This is a good piece of kit., 10 Mar. 2006
I succumed to getting an ipod after taking my Sony A3000 and Philips Hard Disc player back. Thanks god. This is a great music player that is comparible with the phillips in terms of being able to fit around 7,500 songs on it. I used to have a Sony NW-HD5 which was great, and that's why I went for the A3000, however the Sonicstage software is crap.
Using Itunes you can use the machine as a hard discplayer and with a downloadable application called Sharepod, which you store on your Ipod, you can remove songs to your own computer or even someone else's. This is a great asset, becuase I had to reformat my PC yesterday and this enabled me to preserve my entire music collection and transfer it back to my PC when the reformatting process was done.
If I have any advice, I will say be sure of buying the machine you want. I love this one and have had no problems what so ever. Secondly buy a protective screen sheet and a Rubber Case to protect the case, this will ensure that your beautiful machine stays in pristine condition. lastly buy a car charger if you intend to listen to it when driving and also a mains charger, as the only initial way to charge is through the computer link lead, there is no mains charger. a small price for such a versatile piece of kit.
I would also recommend buyers to buy the new Sony in the ear earphones, with the different sized ear fittings. The Ipod ear phones are uncomfortable, but are necessary when posing around town.
In terms of the battery life, I manageed to drive from Peterborough to Edinburgh and back on a single charge. The key to a longer battery life is to cut the backlight down to 2 seconds and to put everything you are going to listen to on a playlist to avoid the hard disc having to spin up too often.
Finally, enjoy it if you get one. I would recommend it and wish that I had read a review like this prior to buying a new Mp3 player.

Philips HDD6320 30GB Digital Audio Player
Philips HDD6320 30GB Digital Audio Player

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a lot better than you think it's going to be!, 24 Feb. 2006
Right, I'll get straight to the negative bit, because like you, I was sat reading through endless reviews of this product and wanted to know first off what was wrong with it. The main problem I have found is that it can get a little over-loaded if given too much to do, but here is the cool bit, if it gets stuck you don't have to let it wear its self down! All you do is hold down the power button and press volume+ at the same time and this turns it off (so don't listen to those other reviews),
Now I have had lots of Hard Disc MP3 players and this is as good as it gets folks. Yes the Ipod does have the sexy click wheel but the mechanism on this is just as intuitive and takes no time in getting used to it. I love the way that this integrates straight into Windows Media Player so when you set the machine up there is no waiting around to convert your WMA or MP3 files, you just connect and then synchronise, it's that simple.
The play back featrures are basic but better than the ones previously seen from Sony and allow shuffle to be used on a single album or artist, as I had with my previous Sony player.
This is a great little piece of kit which does what it's meant to. I really like the feature that shows the album cover details. I can't say much else apart from it being a great piece of kit, with great headphones and charder kit.
Avoid it at your peril.

Jesus Christ Superstar [DVD]
Jesus Christ Superstar [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ted Neely

5.0 out of 5 stars What a film!, 4 Dec. 2005
This review is from: Jesus Christ Superstar [DVD] (DVD)
I have just finished watching this for the first time and was blown away by the sheer power of this film. I felt that the casting was good but its the music and vocal performances that I thought made this in a league of its own. I read a review on Empire magazine's website and they gave it 1 star. I'm sorry, buut I felt that they must have just not got it. Even as an aethiest, I was moved by the power and glory of this.

The Diary of a Nobody (Wordsworth Classics)
The Diary of a Nobody (Wordsworth Classics)
by George Grossmith

5.0 out of 5 stars Diary of a Nobody - What a gem!, 17 Oct. 2005
If you want to know whether or not to pay £1.50 for this book, I say; don't be a chump, stump up the cash and prepare for an intriguing insight into a glimpse of the early 1900s.
This is a gem of a book that is greatly unknown to the masses, yet has so much social commentary, that it says more to me than many other books that reflect the fin de siecle. written from the point of view of a clerk, aspiring to greater things, this book entertains and amuses, whilst providing a glimps of the Post-Victorian era.
I felt that this book flowed more easily and didn't have any pretensions or wordiness that many of the author's contemporaries suffered from. In essence, this book has as much to say today about social insecurities and aspirations, as it did when it was written. Go on, buy it, impress your friends with having read a masterpiece that they'll probably never have heard of. I got my brother and best friend to read it and they've now spread theword... this is a bloody excellent read!