Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Sistema Microwave Rice Steamer - 2.6 L, Red/Clear
Sistema Microwave Rice Steamer - 2.6 L, Red/Clear

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge Disappointment!, 21 Aug. 2015
I have never written a review for Amazon before but have driven by my huge disappointment. For years and years I have never had any difficulty in cooking rice: bring a big saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the rice (no rinsing), boil for the rice producer's stipulated time depending on type, strain into a colander, pour over a kettle-full of boiling water and allow to stand and "steam off". Perfect fluffy rice.
However, so many people have praised rice steamers as being so easy, such perfect results, that I thought I was missing a trick. So I bought this one, needing to make my order up to the magic £20!
Well, I've used it twice, following the instructions carefully. The first time it was a horrible sticky mess. The second time it was a slightly less horrible sticky mess. I've scanned down the other reviews to see if I can get any help on quantities for two people, but the majority refer to "cups" of rice, which isn't helpful to me. I've found one review which suggests adding twice the amount of BOILING water to rice so I shall have one last go at that before reverting back to my old method.
Really sorry this isn't working for me!

The Crumbs Family Cookbook: 150 really quick and very easy recipes
The Crumbs Family Cookbook: 150 really quick and very easy recipes
by Claire McDonald

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 17 Dec. 2014
Loved the light-hearted style of this book. Loved there were tasty meals only requiring a few ingredients ~~~ and ALL ingredients are easily come by.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2014 7:15 PM GMT

Mastrad Nut Cracker, Charcoal
Mastrad Nut Cracker, Charcoal

4.0 out of 5 stars Everyone can crack nuts with this!, 17 Dec. 2014
Good points: Smart to look at, easy to turn (even with my weak hands and arthritic joints) and keeps the bits tidy.
Less good points: you need to consider the best place to "drop in " the nut otherwise you are turning and turning for ever! Needs some practise to discover the best way and how much turn

Creative Educational Classic Games Chinese Checkers
Creative Educational Classic Games Chinese Checkers

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 22 Jan. 2014
I paid £6.99 for this but even at that price I am disappointed with this game, namely because there are no holes punched in the board for 'pegs', the playing pieces merely sit on the board. They are over- large for the printed spaces and I can see that playing the game with adults, let alone children, will be very difficult. The pieces will get knocked or bumped out of place.
It's only good point is that the directions of permitted moves are marked on the board, unlike many wooden versions I have seen.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, 11 Jan. 2014
As someone who suffers from numb fingers at the slightest drop in temperatures, yet likes to get out and about geocaching, these are PERFECT. I can use my GPS, use my pen, (blow my nose too), all easily, yet stay warm. Brilliant!

Mobile Phones Waterproof Case for Apple iPhone 4 4s iPhone 5 5S Samsung Galaxy S3 Blackberry MP3
Offered by Golden Battery

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 11 Jan. 2014
Bought this because my new phone has no means of attaching a lanyard and I use my phone for my hobby (geocaching). The last thing I want is to drop my phone whilst clambering over a stile!
The case works perfectly ~~~ and a bonus is that it even works while I am wearing gloves! The only reason I have given it 4 stars instead of 5 is that it only seems available in white ~~ maybe fine on a hot beach but very conspicuous in the English winter countryside.

The Klutz Book of Animation
The Klutz Book of Animation
by John Cassiday
Edition: Hardcover-spiral

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 11 Jan. 2014
My granddaughter (12) was so excited to receive this gift. She loves all things IT and her knowledge of computers far exceeds any of the rest of the family. She couldn't wait to start. However, the links to the free download didn't work and as Klutz no longer have this book in print their website was no help at all. She eventually tracked down the SAM software and tried to download that. It wouldn't run. After a lot more effort, she found out it needed QuickTime to operate, so downloaded that too. However nothing works and so, after spending a long frustrating time on it, she's given up. Disappointed.
I will add that I, too, tried to download the free 'demo' software, independently of her and on a different computer, and encountered exactly the same problems. Is it because we both have Windows 8?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2014 5:49 PM GMT

GreatShield TERRA Series Brushed Metal + PC Cover Case Skin for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 GT-I9195 (Purple / Black)
Offered by theWireless USA

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, 11 Jan. 2014
This is a beautiful-looking case and it fits well. It's perfect on my purple S4 mini. However I doubt it gives any protection to the front of the phone since the "bumpers" are very slight and the delivery was INCREDIBLY slow.