Profile for TheRedBlueBlur > Reviews

HOWND HOWND Senior Golden Oldies Conditioning Shampoo
HOWND HOWND Senior Golden Oldies Conditioning Shampoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost too good for the dog., 22 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's difficult to write a dog shampoo review, as I can't help feeling that the person most qualified to give an honest opinion is my dog, who obviously can't type.

However, she seems to like it, as much as any dog likes getting bathed! It hasn't made her itchy and it smells wonderful!

In fact it smells so nice that I was almost tempted to try it myself! It's allergen free as far as I can tell and doesn't contain any parabens or SLS, so it seems super safe to use. It does smell quite, for want of a better word, "manly". The scent reminds me quite strongly of a very good quality shaving soap, which is why I like it. However the scent doesn't last very long after it's dry.

Super safe, kind to the dog's skin, mostly natural ingredients from what I can tell and smells wonderful.

Don't know why it's aimed at older dogs. It looks like it would be great to use on any dog with sensitive skin.

Kensington Pro Fit Wireless 2.4 GHz Mouse for Windows and Mac
Kensington Pro Fit Wireless 2.4 GHz Mouse for Windows and Mac

5.0 out of 5 stars Moustastic, 22 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great little mouse. Quite light in the hand and a little flatter than our old mouse, but very responsive and easy to use.

It does turn itself off as - I presume - a power saving feature when it hasn't been used for a while. This caught me out a few times at first, because I thought it'd stopped working, but now that I know it's saving battery power I like it even more! Just click a button and it springs back into life.

Like this mouse a lot. Neat, light, easy to use and with a tiny USB wireless connector that you'd hardly know was there.

Santa Rita Bougainville Petite Sirah 2010
Santa Rita Bougainville Petite Sirah 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars A little "terroir" terrier!, 20 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a prettily bottled terroir wine that has dark fruity, spicy and slightly acidic flavours. One writer has said that "on first take, this is reduced and flat smelling, but with time it evolves to show raisin, licorice and herbal aromas". I'm not sure that I entirely agree about the "flat smelling", but it does seem to have dark fruit and herbal flavours.

The big question is whether or not it's worth the approx. £40 price. If I were to blind test this against cheaper wines, to be honest I'm not sure that I could tell the difference between this and a more reasonable £10 or £20 bottle, but as a gift for a wine lover I'm sure it would be much appreciated and enjoyed. It's a good wine, beautifully packaged and unusual for a wine produced in the Maipo Valley, Chile.

This Sirah is described on the label as refreshingly acidic, so if you prefer a smoother rounder flavour, perhaps this might not be to your taste, but if you like a quality Sirah with a refreshing edge you may feel entirely and pleasantly differently.

Winsor & Newton 20 x 16 Inch Fine Detail Canvas
Winsor & Newton 20 x 16 Inch Fine Detail Canvas

1.0 out of 5 stars The weave is fine.., 6 May 2015
Hideous stuff! The weave is fine... literally and thin, but it's so badly primed that the paint just sucks through it. You'll need a lot of patience, paint or gesso if you're going to use this canvas. The W&N linen is far superior, but not a patch on Belle Arti.

Philips HR2162/91 Viva Collection Blender, 600 Watt, 2 Litre
Philips HR2162/91 Viva Collection Blender, 600 Watt, 2 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Viva la smoothie revolution!, 28 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've got to admit, I've always wondered what the point of a blender really is, but now I have one these Philips Viva blenders, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I've seen the light! It's amazing! Don't get me wrong, it's not perfect, like I image all blenders, while it's running for a few seconds it is pretty noisy. However, for the sake of a few noisy seconds you get an awesome refreshing smoothie!
All I do is chuck in a couple of bananas roughly chopped, a handful of whatever soft fruit I have laying around, a blob of natural yoghurt (or a cheap single yoghurt from a pack if I'm stuck) and a glass of milk, perhaps some honey to sweeten too. Then I wizz it up for a few seconds and voila! An awesome, healthy drink/snack. If you add more milk or fluid it's thinner and will go further, but it's super cheap compared with the bottled varieties of smoothie out there.
Apparently you can even make vegetable varieties of the smoothie, but I've got to admit that doesn't really appeal, you've got to draw a line somewhere and veg' smoothies is it for me I'm afraid. However, I have little doubt that this thing would do a great job of liquidising such a thing if you desired. I can't really comment on whatever else it can do, as I only use it for smoothie production, but the blades in the bottom of the jug are very efficient! Also, it's super easy to wash up, just rinse the jug after use in some hot washing up water and leave to dry.
Brilliant!

Touchlines Men's T-Shirt Rogers Ray Gun darkgrey Size:XL
Touchlines Men's T-Shirt Rogers Ray Gun darkgrey Size:XL
Offered by TOUCHLINES

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 23 April 2015
Superb quality shirt. Very pleased.

Panasonic ALL1 Network Audio Connector
Panasonic ALL1 Network Audio Connector

1.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic ALL1, 23 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's difficult to put into words just how unimpressed I am with this range of Panasonic devices. The ALL1 is the hub/connector in the series and it's job is to stream music wirelessly to your existing hifi device. This should be painless, just connect the red and white plugs to your aux input on your amplifier, if you have one. Sadly though I never got it to work. Not only is the required app only available for Apple or Android phones (couldn't find it for Windows phones), but it doesn't always connect via wifi even with the right app on the right phone. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not and when you do finally get it to connect you realise that it will only play Spotify songs. Why on earth would you create an app that only streams Spotify songs? Nobody in their right mind is going to go out and spend a couple of hundred pounds just so they can stream Spotify to their stereo and if they were they could almost certainly find an easier to use and more reliable device to do so. Sorry Panasonic, but it's a big thumbs down for the ALL1.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2015 8:23 AM BST

Tefal Pressure Cooker Clipso +
Tefal Pressure Cooker Clipso +

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a useful addition to any kitchen, 30 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a useful addition to any kitchen, as long as you have a pressure cooker recipe book too! The instructions about cooking times were a bit vague, my potatoes and rice were not good first attempts! However, the gammon going cooked beautifully, I usually do it in a slow cooker and this took a third of the time but still with the same delicious result. It is easy to use and clean and looks good. I look forward to trying some steamed puddings once I've found a better instruction book!

Scholl Active Work Gel Insoles for Women
Scholl Active Work Gel Insoles for Women

3.0 out of 5 stars These were quite nice if you just want a bit of cushioning in ..., 30 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These were quite nice if you just want a bit of cushioning in your work shoes but has no arch support which would have been a nice addition. They lift your foot considerably so making the shoe quite tight, ideally you would use with a shoe you could remove the innersole from.

Scholl Active Sports Gel Insoles for Women
Scholl Active Sports Gel Insoles for Women

4.0 out of 5 stars I found these innersoles useful to wear in trainers that didn't have much support ..., 30 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found these innersoles useful to wear in trainers that didn't have much support already, I get quite a bit of heel pain when walking and these really helped. Not sure I would wear them for running or sport but nice for long-ish walk. I couldn't make them work in my normal work shoes though. They felt uncomfortable and I would have needed a much bigger size shoe as the shoes own innersole was not removable. Although these can be trimmed to size, they still lift your foot up considerably making the shoe quite tight. I have high arches and found they didn't reach up to support them which is what I was looking for. Comfy in my trainers though and gave my heels some relief when walking the dog!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18