Profile for TheRedBlueBlur > Reviews

LEGO 41105 Friends Pop Star Show Stage
LEGO 41105 Friends Pop Star Show Stage

5.0 out of 5 stars Stage show awesomeness!, 27 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's difficult to review Lego. I mean, what do you say? Lego is such a well known and loved brand, if not 'institution', that most of what needs to be said is already known.

It fits together with a precision normally reserved for NASA projects and is generally so well thought out and manufactured that you'd think NASA and Lego shared design and production teams. Lego Friends, I'm glad to say, is no exception and refreshingly aimed, at last, at girls! Not that Lego is an exclusively male product, but there are hardly any sets produced just for girls. At last, with Friends, Lego is beginning to fill this gap.

So what about this set? I will leave this part to a young we can call "Daisy", as in fact that is her name.

In daisy's words...

"I love it!"

"I love Livi, the stage, the revolving entrance bit and I love all her accessorise and outfits and her friend Andrea. They even have an electric guitar, keyboard and drum kit! It's great for acting out stage shows.

"It's really easy to put together as the pieces all connect well but challenging enough to be interesting! The special pink and purple bricks are great too, because I'll know if my brother has nicked any to make things with!"

"I would recommend it to all the friends I have!!"

So that was a resounding thumbs up from Daisy then. Apparently it even has the added benefit of not being little brother friendly. Not that it doesn't work in exactly the same awesome way as any other Lego kit, but the pink and purple bricks stand out when "borrowed" to use with Lego Star Wars kits!

LEGO 41104 Friends Pop Star Dressing Room
LEGO 41104 Friends Pop Star Dressing Room

5.0 out of 5 stars Girl friendly Friends., 27 Jun. 2015

In daisy's words...

"I love it!"

"I love the way you can move the rooms to change the angle and position of them"

"I love the girl Livi and all her accessorise and outfit and her assistant Emma. The clothes rail is brilliant and I love the fact their dog has his own room"

"It's really easy to put together as the pieces all connect well but challenging enough to be interesting!"

"I would recommend it to all the friends I have!!"

So that was a resounding thumbs up from Daisy then.

Philips S5420/06 Series 5000 Aqua Touch Electric Shaver with Smart Click Precision Trimmer

1.0 out of 5 stars 5420 attempts at making a decent razor and still no closer., 22 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you want a close shave after a few days growth, take these three steps if using the Philips 5000 Aqua Touch:

1. Use a beard trimmer (Philips make these too) to cut the longer hair. If you use the 5000 it will feel like they're being plucked out, not cut.
2. Use the 5000 to attempt a closer shave.
3. Use a blade based razor for a wet shave (Bic, Gillette, Wilkinson, anything with an actual blade) to remove all the tiny hairs and stubble that the 5000 can't actually cut.

That might sound extreme, or perhaps a little sarcastic, but those were the steps I had to take to achieve a close shave.

On a positive note, it does clean well and charges very quickly. Also it's a nice blue colour and has a clipper thingy to edge your facial hair with, or to use for step one on the above list if you don't have a beard trimmer.

I keep hoping that one day a shaver manufacturer will produce an electric shaver that actually gives a close shave and removes any rogue hairs. Sadly the 5000 fails in this respect and seems no closer to achieving the results a wet shave can produce. My Philips beard trimmer does a better job of shaving than 5000 Aqua Touch. Also, what is the point of shaving wet with foam (as in the advert) when the point of an electric razor is to do away with the mess and inconvenience of this step in shaving. Not only that, when lathered up you can't see all the little hairs it's missing.

If you shave every day and check for rogue long hairs, then this razor might be the convenient shaver your looking for. Sadly it's not any use for me.

Staedtler Noris school pencil, pack 12
Staedtler Noris school pencil, pack 12
Offered by Education Sports and Living UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value for Monet!, 13 Jun. 2015
Awesome! Forget the "school" title in the name. These are my favourite HB pencil and are capable of a lot more than just school use. Like most Staedtler pencils, they are a superb quality, they are even manufactured with a formula that helps prevent lead snapping. I can't recommend the humble Noris pencil any higher. They are amazing value and indeed superb quality!

I wouldn't normally use a single pencil to complete a sketch, but to give you some idea of what these underrated pencils can do I'll attach a quick sketch.
Comment Comment | Permalink

AmazonBasics Everyday Double Duvet Cover Set, White with 2 pillowcases
AmazonBasics Everyday Double Duvet Cover Set, White with 2 pillowcases

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant white duvet set, 13 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good, heavy weight, quality cotton that feels good to the touch and washes really well. Like most of the other reviewers have already said, don't let the title "basic" put you off. This duvet set is equal to any other that we own from more expensive sources and I would highly recommend it. Brilliant! Brilliant white in fact!

AmazonBasics 100% Cotton Single Duvet Cover Set, Floral Ground with 1 pillowcase

5.0 out of 5 stars To good to be a "basic"!, 13 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Fantastic! Beautiful design front and back and what feels like a strong quality cotton fabric. I washed this from new with a new white sheet - normally an extremely risky exercise and not to be recommended - and the white sheet came out perfectly white, not a hint of bleed from the purple duvet cover at all! I can't recommend this duvet set more highly. Love it.

Wahl Wahl Adelar Cordless Horse Trimmer
Wahl Wahl Adelar Cordless Horse Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Wahl Adelar Cordless Trimmers, 9 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Now that they've been used, I can give you an overview of these Wahl Horse Trimmers. Note that they're horse "trimmers", not clippers, but we'll get to that later. I used the trimmers to:

Hog mane
Trim face and beard
And remove Whispy hairs on tummy, ribs, ears, tail, and top of feathering on legs.
The clippers removed the whispy hairs really easily and without leaving lines on the actual coat.

Dolly the horse has a really thick mane and I was really surprised at how well they clipped off the mane and they went through it really well. Although I would still use use clippers, not trimmers, to hog her mane on a regular basis and use the trimmers to neaten the edges etc. Clippers are little more heavy duty and built to take the heavy cutting for longer than trimmers. These obviously are trimmers, so it would be unfair to compare them to clippers for doing a job they aren't built for. As trimmers, they're great!

In summary, the trimmers are light weight and comfortable to hold. The packaging seems a bit basic compared to other brands and there's nothing to protect the trimmers in transit, so they would benefit from more protection in the case, but I guess I could put something around them to protect them a bit better. Would have been better if this had been done by the manufacturer though, by providing a more protective case. However, I would definitely use them on a regular basis to keep my horse neat and tidy.

Great trimmers, could do with a slightly better case.

Nails inc 15 Years of Colour Collection
Nails inc 15 Years of Colour Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for sharing!, 8 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having been a fan of Nails Inc for a while I was particularly excited about this gift set! A great selection of colours, effects and glitters all beautifully packaged. Perfect as a gift or treat; for experimenting before spending on a larger bottle or just for sharing with friends! Contains some classic Nails Inc colours, and some new, as well as a top coat. The glitters and effects compliment at least one of the colours so can be used to create some lovely combinations. Shared mine with a friend over coffee and chocolate, what more could a girl want?!!

HOWND HOWND Senior Golden Oldies Conditioning Shampoo
HOWND HOWND Senior Golden Oldies Conditioning Shampoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost too good for the dog., 22 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's difficult to write a dog shampoo review, as I can't help feeling that the person most qualified to give an honest opinion is my dog, who obviously can't type.

However, she seems to like it, as much as any dog likes getting bathed! It hasn't made her itchy and it smells wonderful!

In fact it smells so nice that I was almost tempted to try it myself! It's allergen free as far as I can tell and doesn't contain any parabens or SLS, so it seems super safe to use. It does smell quite, for want of a better word, "manly". The scent reminds me quite strongly of a very good quality shaving soap, which is why I like it. However the scent doesn't last very long after it's dry.

Super safe, kind to the dog's skin, mostly natural ingredients from what I can tell and smells wonderful.

Don't know why it's aimed at older dogs. It looks like it would be great to use on any dog with sensitive skin.

Kensington Pro Fit Wireless 2.4 GHz Mouse for Windows and Mac
Kensington Pro Fit Wireless 2.4 GHz Mouse for Windows and Mac

5.0 out of 5 stars Moustastic, 22 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great little mouse. Quite light in the hand and a little flatter than our old mouse, but very responsive and easy to use.

It does turn itself off as - I presume - a power saving feature when it hasn't been used for a while. This caught me out a few times at first, because I thought it'd stopped working, but now that I know it's saving battery power I like it even more! Just click a button and it springs back into life.

Like this mouse a lot. Neat, light, easy to use and with a tiny USB wireless connector that you'd hardly know was there.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19