Profile for Jordan > Reviews

Content by Jordan

Jordan "Jordan" (Manchester, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Sabrent USB 3.0 to SSD / 2.5-Inch SATA Hard Drive Adapter [Optimized For SSD, Support UASP SATA III] (EC-SSHD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 24 Jun. 2017
I purchase this product in a hope and prey that i could access the content of my hard drive from my 100% dead 2008 Macbook.

Item arrived, smart and sleek as shown in the pictures. Attached it to the hard drive i removed from the dead macbook and plugged it in to my iMac. Instsntly recongised it and all my files are saved!

Amazing product. Will keep in handy!

ALED LIGHT® Waterproof Battery Powered Submersible Aquarium Led Lights Accent Lights Night Lights Mood lights with IR Remotes for Wedding, Centerpiece, Halloween, Party (5 PCS)
Offered by ALED LIGHT UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright / Issues with colours, 6 Dec. 2016
Decided to purchas 5 of these lights given the price difference it made economical sense and gace me more oppertunity to use more.

I received 5 lights and 5 seperate remotes but one remote can control all 5. Straight off the bat you can feel that they are sturdy and somewhat well made, they could easily take a drop and last.

The lights are extremely bright snd can also be put on very dim. I attached two photos showing them on red at the brightest and alos dimmest. I was quite surprised with how bright they are. When fully installed i planned on using three under a cabinet however given how bright they are that would be overkill.

They are small and fit the palm of an adult male. As advertised they are waterproof and given the brightness would look pretty smart outside as opposed to solar lights which are dull and always seem to break.

They take three aaa batteries. I cant comment on battery life yet but in any event i dont plan to use them all the time. I stumbled across these by accident when looking for a battery powered led light strip however im glad i did as they are very versatile and csn be placed anywhere.

My only downside which hasnt been picked upon as there are very few actual 'Verified Purchases' is that the colours arent quite 100%. I attach two photos of Orange and Yellow which i tried on all 5 lights with all 5 remotes ans you can see they look green. Not sure if mine are broken? The image supplied by the vendor shows the orange as a perfect orange but that obviously isnt the case here.

All the features appear to work well however the fade and smooth are quite fasnt and dont include all the colours.

Overall i am happy and will use in my home. Shame about the orange and yellow not working. I wil keep updated on battery life and the reliability.

Offered by Veetop

4.0 out of 5 stars Delivering 200+ Mbs, 20 Aug. 2016
I purchased this cable to use along side the TP-LINK TL-SG1005D V6 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps Unmanaged Desktop Switch. Having been punished with Wi-Fi speeds in my computer room for a few months now having moved to a new property with my Virgin Media 3.0 Hub downstairs i decided enough was enough and wanted my ethernet speeds back that i am use to.

Prior to purchasing this cable i purchased a Cat 6 25M Cable (CSL - 25m - CAT.6 Ethernet Gigabit Lan network cable (RJ45) | 10/100/1000Mbit/s | Patch cable | UTP | compatible with CAT.5 / CAT.5e / CAT.7 | Switch/Router/Modem/Patch panel / Access Point / patch fields | white) - When that cable arrived, it was to small, and as Cat 6 can not deliver Gigabit speeds over 50m i decided to consider a Cat 6a Cable or a Cat 7.

Interestingly, Cat 7 isn't recognised yet, and some people in the reviews have questioned its true potential. However, i am not able to counter or pose any arguments as i have no time to take apart a cable and run some tests.

What i can tell you is that i decided to purchase this Cat 7 Cable, as opposed to the internationally recognised Cat 6a Cable on the basis that it is flat! I needed a 50M cable that i could run underneath numerous doors and in and around obstacles in the house, and a flat cable afforded me that ability. This Cat 7 Cable is adverted as being able to deliver higher speeds than the Cat 6 and Cat6a, as previously stated, i can't give you science regarding the internal workings of the cable, i can however give you solid evidence of me using the cables.

Prior to using any cables, i was achieving 146Mbs at best on Wi-Fi to my iMac upstairs, which i appreciate is good, however the dropping of signal is what caused me to change my course of action.

With the Cat6 Cable attached to my Ethernet Switch (Listed above) i achieved at best 165MB's on a 200MB Internet Plan. This was tested around 7PM GMT Midweek. I attach a photo.

With the Cat7 Cable attached to the Ethernet Switch tested around the same time my best so far is 206MB's.

Interestingly, i am using Two Category 6A Cables, to attach from my Ethernet switch to my iMac and my PS4, these cables being (Duronic White 10m CAT6a FTP Professional Gold Headed Shielded Network Cable - High Speed 500MHz Premium Quality Cat6a / Patch / Ethernet / Modem / Router / LAN - In different Sizes)

So conclusion? The Cat 7 Cable delivers over 200MB's into my Ethernet Switche, im not saying the Cat6 Cable could possibly never of achieved that, as it is listed for those speeds, maybe i got a bad one, furthermore i can't comment on peoples arguments that these aren't true Cat 7 or Cat 6 Cables even, all i know is that it works for me at the moment, and is delivering higher speeds than what a true Cat 6 cable did into my ethernet switch,

I have given it 4 Stars as i have used it for less than a week and will update in the future.

TP-LINK TL-SG1005D-V6 5 Port Gigabit Desktop Switch
TP-LINK TL-SG1005D-V6 5 Port Gigabit Desktop Switch

4.0 out of 5 stars Solution to my internet problems!, 20 Aug. 2016
I purchased this product via PrimeNow - So got it delivered the same day within two hours.

I have recently moved into a a new property with my Virgin Media 3.0 Hub situated downstairs, and my computer room upstairs. As a result, i was stuck on Wi-Fi, poor signal and poor speed. Previously living in a house with direct ethernet connection to my iMac and PS4 i certainly wasn't use to this!

You name it i tried it! Multiple brands and prices of Wireless Repeaters, and multiple brands and outlandish prices of Powerline Adaptors. All of which were completely useless and didn't solve anything.

Ultimately, i planned on running two ethernet cables from my Hub downstairs, upstairs, because, despite being somewhat technologically in the know, i had no idea this device existed. On the off chance, i searched on Amazon for a Dual Ethernet Adaptor, to run one cable upstairs and have two Ethernets coming off it for my iMac and PS4, which is when i discovered this.

Immeditarly purchased it and set on my journey to bring Ethernet upstairs, and i can not believe i didn't do it sooner! I never thought i would get ethernet speeds upstairs with all the hassle i have had with previous technology. I have spent well over £100 on numerous adaptors which have been useless, and to think this was only £10!!

I purchased this unit, along with the Veetop®CAT7 High Speed Computer Router Gold Plated Plug STP Wires CAT7 RJ45 Ethernet LAN Networking Cable Professional Gold Headed Network Cable Premium Quality Cat seven / Patch / Ethernet / Modem / Router / LAN (50m, white) Cable to connect to it. From the Switch, i have two Duronic White 1.5m CAT6a FTP Professional Gold Headed Shielded Network Cable (RJ45) - High Speed 500MHz Premium Quality Cat6a / Patch / Ethernet / Modem / Router / LAN Cables going from it of different sizes, one to my iMac and one to my PS4, and i am now finally achieving the speeds i need!

I'm on 200MB internet from Virgin Media, and i have now achieved over and above this, something i never experienced even in my other house! I maybe putting that down to the Cat 7 Cable which i will review on its own page. In any event, see the attached Photo of me achieving 206MB at around 7PM GMT Midweek.

I was previously achieving around 146MB on the Wi-Fi Connection - However, i attribute a lot of that to my iMac's decent Wifi capabilities, but despite this, the connection would often drop on and off and make it somewhat impossible to download/upload.

Owned it for less than a week, which is why i have given it 4 Stars. Will update as time goes on.

Morphy Richards Accents Gadget Set, 4 Piece - Black
Morphy Richards Accents Gadget Set, 4 Piece - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Works..., 9 July 2016
I was fairly skeptical when purchasing this product given the mixed reviews, mostly negative.

However, i decided to take the plunge as everything else i seemed to be buying was also black and from Morphy Richards, therefore i felt like i wanted the set.

I use items from this set on a daily basis and have yet to encounter a problem. One could argue that purchasing some of these units separately could be more expensive, or a lot cheaper.. depending on quality, however i wanted something i could put on the side in the kitchen and grab when i required.

The Cheese Grater is excellent, and does exactly what you can expect it to do, along with the can opener, pizza cutter and peeler.

I have used all countless times now over three months and not had one single issue. The products themselves still look brand new. No rusting, no chipping and no peeling away of any of the logos or plastic.

I am skeptical however as to how other people wash their utensils. It appears we are now in a society of people 100% reliant on Dishwasher and blame every manufacturer other than themselves when the product can not sustain that heat for so long.

I do not own a dishwasher, and i wash all of these utensils in very high temperate water and anti bacterial soap, and as a result i have suffered no rusting or damage to the product. I suspect other reviewers who have experienced those issues are using a dishwasher or have somehow received poorly made versions. So my advise, as with all these types of metal products, hand wash and they should be fine.

I have given it a four star and will possibly update after more time with the product.

Stainless Steel Collection Twin Handled Stainless Steel Colander, 23 cm
Stainless Steel Collection Twin Handled Stainless Steel Colander, 23 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Essential, 9 July 2016
Excellent quality product and have had no issues with continued use for other three months now.

The product drains as one would expect, and i douse it with boiling water on a regular basis, no bending, no rusting. This thing looks like it can take a beating, and at a cheaper price than anywhere around.

A simple product that every kitchen requires.

Elastoplast Fabric Extra Flexible Plaster, 40 Pack
Elastoplast Fabric Extra Flexible Plaster, 40 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticky!, 9 July 2016
Purchased these to place in my emergency cabinet for the little accidents you get into.

Excellent selection of plasters included and most of all, extremely adhesive. Do not have to worry about these coming off and have had success with getting them wet and stay on.

Would purchase again

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 9 July 2016
Recently moved into a property in which all the handles in the kitchen were tacky plastic and all snapped at the section which connects to the cupboard.

Immediately found this on DIY websites at a ridiculous price. Came to Amazon and located these and ordered straight away.

They are very solid, heavy and excellent quality. The kitchen immediately looks 100% better and the brushed chrome adds a touch of class to the simplest of cupboards.

These will easily outlive me.

Russell Hobbs Salt and Pepper Grinders, Battery Powered 22810-56 - Stainless Steel
Offered by Slamtech Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 3 months, 9 July 2016
I was sceptical when purchasing the product as it had mixed reviews, with the quality and the sheer amount of battery power this unit requires and how quick it powers through it.

I have owned it less than three months and to be honest have used it less than 10 times as i used more ground pepper and salt on a daily basis.

The unit its self feels very strong, it is heavy and appears to be of good quality. It requires 6AAA batteries, and even in my limited usage you could hear it slowly giving up and needing some replacements.

The compartment for the slat and papper is tiny, i was under the assumption that it filled the entire metal top that you can see on the pictures but it doesn't, it just fills the glass part.

It has multiple grinding settings, however at the best of times it feels like it struggles and it is churning away to try and get it out.

Anyways, long story short, whilst i was using the Salt Grinder, suddenly i heard a loud crack and notice that some metal tubing with wire inside had broken off from inside the unit into the salt section leaving it unusable.

As it is after the 30 day period and Amazon do not assist with returns on this, i am left in the arms of attempting to contact Russell Hobbs direct. I will update if i get anywhere - But £19.50 for less than 3 months use is a big investment.

When/If i get my money back from Russell Hobbs which i doubt - I am going to purchase Hand Grinding Mills.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Anker Power Bank Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger External Battery with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC, Huawei and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact & Packs a punch, 6 Feb. 2016
Purchased this portable charger after spending hours comparing and contrasting different ones within the Anker Range.

I assume people reading these review may also be in the same situation. Anker has multiple choices in respect of portable chargers to suit everyones needs.

Personally, i was looking for something slick, small but still packed a punch. I was weighing up between this model, and the 'Lip stick' Style model. In the end i decided on this purely because this has 5200mAh compared to 3350mAh which is the lipstick version.

I was worried about the size however, i still wanted something i could slip into my jeans, or my coat and charge away, and this turned out to be the one.

The picture is quite deciving, it makes it look a lot bigger than it is, when in reality its no longer than an iPhone 5s, and no thicker than around 3-4 iPhone 5's at the side of each other. In reality, i am able to fit this into my Jean pocket, along with my iPhone 5s, and have my phone charing using the AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - (10 cm / 4 Inches) - White.

Been using it since December and i manage to get around 4 and a bit charges to my iPhone 5s, and the Unit its self only takes a couple of hours to charge. If your looking for something compact and stylish to charge on the go, which packs a good punch to fully charge several times, then i would go for this model.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10