Profile for Mrs. V. A. Jordan > Reviews

Content by Mrs. V. A. Jordan

Mrs. V. A. Jordan "cookiebiscuit" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Invisible Man from Salem: a Leo Junker case (Leo Junker 1)
The Invisible Man from Salem: a Leo Junker case (Leo Junker 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a page turner, 7 Jun. 2017
I also read this Stave by Stave on Pigeonhole - a bit slow for me - I could have read three a day rather than one. I really got into it but it left a few unanswered questions which hopefully will be resolved in Book 2 in the series. It built in intensity but dipped a bit at the end. I would have liked a more fulfilling ending.
Junker is a very flawed character, but without giving away any spoilers one thing he did when he was young was unforgivable and he doesn't seem to show much remorse. We love an anti-hero but that bit doesn't work. I'll leave the reader to guess what I'm talking about.

Ladies TWF 3mm Titanium CIC Shortie Wetsuit - Size 14 Pink
Ladies TWF 3mm Titanium CIC Shortie Wetsuit - Size 14 Pink
Offered by Big Orange Watersports Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product for the price, 28 May 2017
Very pleased with this. Size quite good though for me bottom half is a bit big while shoulders, bust etc just right. Will try out properly in my open water swim in July. Should do the job.

Basic Cruet Set Salt and Pepper Shakers Oil and Vinegar Bottle Spice Jars Rack Carouse Morebeauty
Offered by morbeauty

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice to use at home but a bit cheap looking, 7 Jan. 2017
Nice to use at home but a bit cheap looking and packaging was damaged. It was supposed to be a present but we just kept it.

Timex Classic Women's T2M828 Quartz Watch with Gold Dial Analogue Display and Multicolour Stainless Steel Bracelet

4.0 out of 5 stars This was a Christmas present for my mother in law ..., 7 Jan. 2017
This was a Christmas present for my mother in law. Very attractive watch though too big for her small wrists.She still wears it over her jumper sleeve and loves that it shows up at night.

Mysasi London 100 Denier Ladies Opaque tights (Average Size Medium (Hips 36"/42"), Navy Blue)
Offered by tightsandmore

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, 7 Jan. 2017
Love these tights even though they are lighter colour than expected. Very nice feel and comfy fit.

Lilly and Sid Baby-Girls Sweet Swan Tunic Dress Clothing Set, Multicoloured, 6-12 Months

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but wash with similar colours only, 7 Jan. 2017
Lovely outfit but don't wash with anything white. I hand washed and the colour comes out.

Womens Twin Button Fully Fur Lined Waterproof Winter Snow Boots - Black - 6 - 39 - AEA0150
Offered by Prime-Shoes

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprised at the quality and fit, 11 Dec. 2016
Obviously you get what you pay for and these were pretty cheap but I am surprised at the quality and fit. Excellent and I didn't get wet feet in the rain yesterday. Have worn them everyday and I love them!

The Silent Land
The Silent Land

5.0 out of 5 stars Quietly brilliant, 16 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Silent Land (Kindle Edition)
I just loved this. I couldn't stop reading. It's very different from his other books. Probably read some of his others first but if you love Graham Joyce you'll love this.

The Scratch (Kindle Single)
The Scratch (Kindle Single)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Dec. 2014
I just love Andrew Taylor and everything he writes. This is great. Very short so just read it!

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

2.0 out of 5 stars It seems to go on and on and get nowhere with characters I don't even like. Also it's very American and I can't find ..., 13 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
I'm only part way through Gone Girl and I'm not sure I care enough about the characters to finish the book. This has only happened twice before with the highly rated Time Travellers Wife and The Return. I just can't be bothered. It seems to go on and on and get nowhere with characters I don't even like. Also it's very American and I can't find a reference point to identify with anyone or anything.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3