Profile for M. Miller > Reviews

Content by M. Miller

M. Miller (Macclesfield, Cheshire United Kingdom)

Woody Allen Collection [DVD]
Woody Allen Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Woody Allen

4.0 out of 5 stars A great (cheap) way to pickup some great Woody Allen films..., 23 May 2016
This review is from: Woody Allen Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I'm put a very small review for people like me, that because Amazon seem to like to group lots of reviews together, these days you're never too sure if it's the product you're looking at is what you're reading a review for.
This is for... The Woody Allen Collection on DVD. What you get is a cardboard slip case that is white with a Young black and white image of Woody's face on the right side of the cover. The back gives you an image of the cover of each DVD. The DVD 's themselves are in individual thin style plastic cases with full colour rapper round covers with the title of each film clearly marked on the spine.
Ok, now for what films are included, You get 8 films which are as follows: Bullets Over Broadway, Celebrity, Sweet and Lowdown, Small Time Crooks, Mighty Aphrodite, Everyone Says I Love You, Deconstructing Harry and Wild Man Blues.
I've not yet watched all films but I really enjoyed all I've seen so far. Yet to watch Deconstructing Harry and Wild Man Blues.

Brother
Brother

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh what sweet music..., 14 July 2012
This review is from: Brother (Audio CD)
...this CD is lavished with. I'm a Beatles fan and lover of great music in general.I bought the Apple box set last year and I really can't understand why this album was missing out of that set, but I'm glad that we have the chance to own a copy and enjoy the music now. For me this, as with Doris Troy, ranks high on the 'great lost music to be rediscovered' scale. On 1st listen I thought it was quite 'run of the mill' but after owning the album for a few weeks and giving it many repeat listens "I love it" - the songs and music just wash over you and it's like basking in the sun on holiday. I don't believe that there is a bad track on here.
I think the music we like is very subjective but if your waving on a possible purchase and wanted to try something you're not familiar with, I say go for it, treat yourself. I hope you enjoy as much as me.

Electric Arguments
Electric Arguments
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars This is just a very good album, 7 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Electric Arguments (Audio CD)
Just to let you know I am a big Beatle fan who also collects all the solo stuff, so yes I am biased but I also like to think I can be critical (not a huge fan of Memory Almost Full for one).

Why Paul felt the need to hide behind the Fireman tag for this one is beyond me. I would put this album up there with some of his best work to date (forgetting that other band he was in for the time been), it's definitely up there with (in my opinion) other great albums like - Ram, Red rose speedway, Band on the run, Back to the egg, Flaming pie and Chaos.

I will say this though - The title isn't great and also Paul's own promotion/interviews didn't make me think it was going to be any good, but it is. Try it, you may need to give it a few listens but it really is a grower.

Best of What's Left of Not Only But Also [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by Paragon OS

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a review just a comment, 11 Jun. 2008
Dear BBC,

If it's not sad enough that not all episodes exist.
Why not just "What's left of... Not Only... But Also" This would make more sense to me as we already have a "Best of" DVD. I'm sure that all Peter Cook and Dudley Moore fans want all that's left, even if it means one more disc and a few extra pennies.

If I'm not mistaken this is going to be a direct copy of what was broadcast by the Beeb back in the early nineties, so yes it will be a step forward from the current best of. I was aged 12 then, and the way the BBC are shaping up, I'll be dead by the time I get to see All That's Left.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2013 2:00 AM BST

Terry & June - Series 8 Volume 1 [DVD]
Terry & June - Series 8 Volume 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Terry Scott

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't let 2 entertain do your wedding video, 23 May 2008
Why don't 2 entertain check things before they release them. Maybe they should buy a copy of Mark Lewisohn's TV comedy book for starters. Really who is working for 2 entertain? Because they obviously don't care about their products. Boxes that don't match, missing episodes and no extras. Terry and June will always be a great show but Series 8 has 12 episodes not 6. Come on get your act together.

The Likely Lads: Surviving Episodes From BBC Series 1-3 [DVD]
The Likely Lads: Surviving Episodes From BBC Series 1-3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Bolam
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Botched Job., 28 Feb. 2006
Well what can I say…. I’m very, very upset about this DVD release. OK it was never going to be the complete Likely Lads, I think we (the fans) all knew that. But why have they missed off “Other Side of the Fence” and The Christmas Night with the Stars mini episode (what a lovely little bonus that would have been).
I would love to be giving this 5 stars, but sadly the BBC or should I say “2Entertaine” Have botched this one.