Profile for Larry > Reviews

Larry

The Act of Killing [DVD]
The Act of Killing [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joshua Oppenheimer

4.0 out of 5 stars Very special doc. and will not be for everybodies ..., 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Act of Killing [DVD] (DVD)
Very special doc. and will not be for everybodies liking, but an important story to tell. Also it's time for Indonesia to deal with the bloody past.

The Hare With Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance
The Hare With Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance
by Edmund de Waal

4.0 out of 5 stars Not fun to be a jew through the centuries, 17 Sept. 2014
I likes it a lot. Not fun to be a jew through the centuries.

Tattoo in Japan: Traditional and Modern Styles
Tattoo in Japan: Traditional and Modern Styles
by Martin Hladik

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, expensive and too many close ups out of focus, 17 Sept. 2014
I bought this book as a coffee table book after reading some positive comments on the picture quality. Maybe I'm a bit harsh here, but a book with a 99£ price tag I expect top tattoo pictures all the way. I find too many of the close ups out of focus or maybe a little blurred. When you see a full body photo and it looks great, the close up should look even better or at least as good. That's not the case here. The info says it's printed 2008, could be time to lower the price or make a new 2014 version with best camera equipment available and even picture qualities through the whole book. I'll buy "Tattoo in Japan V.2", if you up your game by 20 %.

Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.A 140 mm CPU Cooler Silent Fan for Socket 775/1155/1156/1366/AMD/AM2/AM3

5.0 out of 5 stars It's just right :), 12 July 2013
I got this a few weeks ago, it's very big and impressive as expected. I have been working on making my PC completely passive because I play much music from my PC to DAC and all fans and moving parts makes noise in the system that can be heard. Well first heard when you remove the moving part. So my plan was to use HR-02 Macho completely passive on my Intel i7 2600K CPU and it works fine (I use open side PC and no fans). The temp goes from 43-50 with normal use, but I do not play much games only very light ones. Tried Dota 2 though and the CPU went to 74 degree and VGA card 64 degrees, so too high in my book and the game is not super heavy. I also have made my VGA Card passive, so suspect that the heat from grill went up in the HR-02 when I played Dota 2 and made it hotter. The 140 fan that comes with HR-02 looks great, good quality feel and should be very quiet like 18-19 db, so nice you don't have to buy it seperately. In all I'm super happy with the cooler, but be ware of that you have to get you motherboard out because of backplate, but after that it was easy to put together. Also download a temp monitor program like Intel Desktop Utility (if your cpu is from Intel)if you go passive like me. It's fantastic to have a completely silent PC, it isn't for everyone, but if you want to be a computer audiophile and have one computer for all tasks, noise has to be removed as much as possible.

Windows 8 Pro Upgrade Edition - Upgrade from Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Win 8 amateur, 28 Jan. 2013
This hybrid product was clearly not ready for release, I'm dissapointed. I got win 7 and read mixed reviews on the new 8 pro, but wanted to try it. My biggest complain is the shift between the metro tablet screen and the normal desk screen we all know. It shifts around all the time. If I turn Itunes on in Metro, it shift to normal screen before start up. Why not let us choose to either use Metro or normal desk screen, no we have both all the time. I have many windows open often with sites and application and I feel have to operate too many layers. I want to go from a site to my mail, its like a long way of shifting. Also my win 8 was running unstable when I just upgraded to Win 8 pro on to Win 7, but still after I have made a refresh start it happens once a day. So man up Microsoft and give us some proper updates and make this thing work, and gives us back the start button. My browser got faster, but everything else is a setback (for now). This OS would never got released over at Apple, unless it was the department who made Apple maps :9

Songs From the Small Machine- Live In L.A. [Blu-ray] [2011]
Songs From the Small Machine- Live In L.A. [Blu-ray] [2011]
Dvd ~ Lindsey Buckingham

1.0 out of 5 stars His voice, not good, 15 Sept. 2012
I don't know Lindsey Buckingham that well, but I was deeply disappointed by this concert. I was recommended the Blu-ray concert as a great audiophile disc, but I don't see why. The picture and sound quality was very nice, but his voice was just so not satisfying. He was singing false and sounded like he shouldn't be on stage. Maybe he is a big legend for some people, but if you can't hold a tune and you don't sound like Leonard Cohen and have his qualities, I'm out. I will probably never play this disc again, so if you live in Copenhagen and love Lindsey, come by I will give you this Blu-ray concert free of charge.

The Up In Smoke Tour [DVD] [2009]
The Up In Smoke Tour [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Various Artists

1.0 out of 5 stars Good show the sound quality really sucks, 27 Dec. 2011
It's a great show, but it's mystery to me why nobody rate down the show for the super bad sound quality. The mix i totally wrong in my opinion, especially if you have a home cinema system. It's like the production is recorded only from what you hear, if you were in the audience and clearly not in the front row. No direct line in from the microphones and all too much noise from the happy crowd. Really a sad chose and I will not watch this show more than once. Must seek better concerts, a shame that this dvd will go up in smoke for my account.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2013 10:33 AM BST