Profile for swiss traveller > Reviews

Woman In Black 2: Angel of Death [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Helen McCrory
Offered by Amore DVD

2.0 out of 5 stars Black......., 15 Mar. 2016
I can only review the first 40 minutes, of which I managed to watch perhaps a third.... the non-existent lighting (I know it was a blackout, but surely one should be able to see SOMETHING on the screen...) completely spoiled it for me, I cut my losses at this point and watched something that was decently made! And the dialogue was almost as bad as the lighting..

Child 44
Child 44
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Just read the book instead..., 7 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Child 44 (Amazon Video)
If you have read and enjoyed the book, as I did, don't expect the same from the film! So much of the plot has been changed, is disjointed, or just incomprehensible (including the dialogue) that it made very difficult viewing. I don't think I would have understood even half of it, had I not read the book, but then major parts of the book have been left out, or altered so that the film makes very little sense in many ways. Disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2016 8:48 PM GMT

Caustic Love
Caustic Love

1.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to love it, but...., 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Caustic Love (Audio CD)
I was so looking forward to Paolo's third album, being a massive fan of the first two albums. However this is a very different offering. Much darker, and without any redeeming 'up' songs, this is a bleak offering. I listened to it with my children (16 & 21) and we all disliked it. My son pronounced it a 'mood killer'. it may improve for me on further listenings, but not sure if I could cope!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2014 10:56 AM BST

The Power of Five: Oblivion
The Power of Five: Oblivion
by Anthony Horowitz

4.0 out of 5 stars A fitting end to the series, 24 Feb. 2014
I bought the Power of 5 series for my children, but have enjoyed reading them myself. Oblivion seemed to be very late in arriving as the final book in the series. It is years since I read the first books, but that did not prevent me enjoying Oblivion. I will not spoil it by commenting too much on the plot, suffice to say friendships and loyalties are put to the test. A real page turner. I was sorry to get to the end. Recommended, but if you haven't already read the other books in the series, read those first.

Kefallonia (Greece): Road Map (Freytag & Berndt Road Map) (Road Maps)
Kefallonia (Greece): Road Map (Freytag & Berndt Road Map) (Road Maps)
by Freytag & Berndt
Edition: Map

4.0 out of 5 stars used every day of holiday, 3 Sept. 2010
This map was most informative and invaluable for our holiday. We were given a road map by the car hire company, which only showed a limited amount of roads (probably the ones they wanted us to travel on - anyone who has been to Kefalonia will know what I mean - many 'roads' which start off as tarmac or concrete, only to peter out to rough stone track, then back to concrete again) This map could also be bought in many resorts, although the price was more.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars my son uses it !!, 7 April 2010
Bought for 16 yr old bike fanatic son who loves riding in the evenings. With this fluorescent and flashing cover and the usual assortment of bike lights he is as safe as he can be whilst out - even getting the 'thumbs up' from some drivers. Money well spent.

Welsh Waters Canal Companion: Shropshire Union; Llangollen; Montgomery; Monmouthshire and Brecon Canals (Pearson's Canal Companions)
by Michael Pearson

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful for first time narrow boaters, 7 April 2010
Very concise and helpful for our first narrow boat trip. Easy to follow and shows turning areas on the canal, which the Collins guide doesn't. Came in most useful on busy bank holiday whilst heading for Llangollen!