Profile for James Standing > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo - 2 x 180g
Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo - 2 x 180g

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mayo I have ever had, 13 April 2016
I think I originally bought one of these jars at the taste of London show. It was the most delicious mayo I had ever tasted! We used it just as a dip but also added tuna for a tuna mayo jacket potato. Needless to say, the jar didn't last long.

when I bought the jar I must have given me email address as I kept receiving emails from Gran Luchito not realising what it was. The other day I finally opened one and read it and it bought back how good this mayo sauce.

Couldn't believe it when I saw how cheap it was for two jars on Amazon. One jar really isn't enough at the rate I eat it.

Would highly recommend this mayo, it is amazing!!

MegaGear "Ever Ready" Protective Black Leather Camera Case, Bag for Sony NEX-3N with Sony SELP1650 16-50mm Lens
Offered by MEGA WEST

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit NEX-3N properly, 11 Dec. 2014
I bought this for my NEX-3N.... and it just does not fit well enough to be considere a protective case. The base that screws into the tripod mount is not flush with the body of the camera, meaning it is a terrible fit with a lot of space between the base and the camera. This makes it feel like the cameria would fall out of the case.

Sent back to Amazon and received a full refund. Shame though as this is a lovely looking case and exactly what I was looking for.

but if you have the NEX-3N...do not buy this!

Afraid
Afraid
by Jack Kilborn

4.0 out of 5 stars loved it and hated it, 13 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Afraid (Paperback)
After you have read this you can see why this book has 5* reviews as well as 1*! Yes, the book is full of clichés (I know there is a freshly murdered body in that room but maybe if I can in alone I can help) and the characters are pretty badly developed. Yes, the plot is full of holes, poorly written and barely works. Yes, every other chapter is about a character you just can't care for as you know they are about to die. However, despite all these terrible mistakes I could not put this book down. I'm not totally sure why but I did enjoy this book, but I did! It probably helped that I originally bought this book without reading the blurb and had assumed it was a zombie novel so I had to read it for my moneys worth. Sure it is not a keeper either, but it was a fun read that I will pass on to my mates. So grab it for 1p and you'll do just fine!

John Dies at the End
John Dies at the End
by David Wong

5.0 out of 5 stars Creepy, gross and very funny!, 13 Dec. 2010
This review is from: John Dies at the End (Paperback)
The other reviews have done all the leg work for me and I have to agree with them all. This is a great book and well worth getting. However, the story is more than just the book. Let me explain: this started as an internet 'story', with bits and pieces being released by the character David Wong and John. It gained some sort of a following and was eventually published. I do not know all the details as it is all fairly mysterious but David Wong's website has other little bits to read and get involved with. All in all, it is a great story that leaves you scouring the net for more information.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, 13 Dec. 2010
Let me start by saying that this really has been life changing for me. I have suffered from severe sweat problems since the age of about 16 but I had always assumed it was just my body reacting to the changes of puberty. I am now 23 and the problem has not gone away. I found this product and was intrigued by the reviews so decided to grab one for myself. Wow, am I glad I did! After the first application I stopped sweating completely. When I think about it, this probably is not overly healthy as armpits are there to release sweat, but I still sweat normally in other areas so I'll take the risk.

I also have to address the other reviews about the burning that can occur. On my third night of applying this my armpits were aflame and I could not sleep the entire night it was so painful. My pits were red raw for the next few days and I did not use it.I gradually started to sweat again and thought, hell I'd rather have discomfort than be a sweaty mess again. I applied the roll on at about 8pm so the stinging had mostly subsided by about 1am which gave me just about enough sleep. At this point I started to worry about doing this for the foreseeable future! It wasn't till one lazy night where I didn't wash and just applied it and the burning had gone. Subsequent trial and error made me realise that clean armpits is not the most important part... the DRYNESS is!! The reviews that complain of the burning may just be having an actual reaction but I think it may be more to do with some sort of dampness when applying even if they think it is dry as I had the same burning and now do not.

Let me just sum up by saying that if you worry about sweating this will literally "cure" you. Sure you will have to put it on every other night of your life but for me it is a decent compromise. Also, I now use barely any deodorant and save as fair amount from not having to buy 2 cans a week!

Warm Bodies (The Warm Bodies Series)
Warm Bodies (The Warm Bodies Series)
by Isaac Marion

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to the usual zombie story, 13 Dec. 2010
The other reviews have covered this book thoroughly so I'll only add my opinion briefly. As a fan of zombie novella this is a great alternative take on the familiar undead story. Not only a great read but a great addition to any collection!

We Were Soldiers Once...and Young
We Were Soldiers Once...and Young
by Harold G. Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars The cover, 27 Oct. 2010
I had seen the movie and enjoyed it but wanted to know more of the details. I bought this book and was intrigued by the cover (the original being the soldier as shown on this page). I found the picture on the internet and discovered the name of the soldier looking haggered from battle was Rick Rescorla. The same Rick Rescorla who is a distant relation of mine. He took part in the battle of La Drang although he isn't really featured in the novel much or movie at all. Despite being British, he moved to the states and died in the Twin Towers attacks. His story is an interesting side note if you are interested in this book.

R.I.P Rick!

Afterblight Chronicles: Childrens Crusade
Afterblight Chronicles: Childrens Crusade
by Scott K. Andrews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Oct. 2010
I own many of the novels from the Afterblight series... a range of books written on the same basic premise but by different authors. The scott Andrews books must have proved popular as he has written 3 to date on the same storyline. It is refreshing to have books set in England, especially post apocalyptic, and it was nice that I was raised in hildenborough which features in the novel!

in terms of the book itself, the first book is fantastic and the rest slowly become slightly more far fetched with characters surviving technically unsurvivable scenarios. However, they are well written with great characters and plenty of twists. Grab them all is my suggestion!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars hmm...nice hat?, 27 Oct. 2010
Well as I am going through my purchases writing reviews it seems unfair to skip this one too. Bought this for a fancy dress outfit, I was going as Mario. The hat was a great price and did not seem to be cheaply made. It also survived in the wash after being covered in mud (fancy dress at an english festival)and the colour did not fade at all. Great purchase!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2011 9:02 PM GMT

Beats by Dr Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones  - Black
Beats by Dr Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars A little impractical, 25 Oct. 2010
First off, I should state that I picked these up for 25 quid and i still can't give them higher than 2 stars! I'm not sure quite how I would feel if I paid 90 odd quid.

Let me state the good things first...the sound quality is indeed fantastic, especially when used on a PC but still great on an ipod/MP3 player. They also look dam good, and I love the red anti tangle cable (my mates were thoroughly impressed when they couldn't manage to tangle the cable successfully).

Well, that's about it for the things I liked. The main problem with these headphone is that they are really just too bulky. I tried all the ear buds provided and found a perfect fit but even this was not enough to keep them in my ears constantly. The main issue is when the cable is underneath your clothing and the slightest tug on it will yank the entire earphone out of your ear. I blame the size and weight of the earphones which are stupidly large tbh.

In conclusion, if you need some nice headphones to use on your pc, I would possibly recommend these if you could get them cheap. However, if you ever plan on walking anywhere or...dare I say it...JOG with them in...FORGET IT! On a 20 minute jog I must have 're-pushed' them into my ears at least 100 times. So many in fact that I got frustrated and came home early. If you are willing to pay to large price tag...please...don't! I am going back to the Skullcandy Inkd earphone which can now be bought from argos for a tenner and also HMV in a variety of styles. They are so much better for such a massive saving.

/rant over
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2010 1:52 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2