Profile for Bethany > Reviews

If I Stay
If I Stay
by Gayle Forman

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving, beautiful book!, 22 Jun. 2014
This review is from: If I Stay (Paperback)
Mia's coma seems like the only place she is safe. She was involved in a car accident and after things seem impossible to grasp in the real world, she wonders if she really wants to stay alive after all.

This book gripped me and gave me goosebumps. The authors style of how she writes in 'If I Stay' and 'Where she Went' is amazing. It shifts through each chapter between the past and the present and keeps you from putting the book down.

The thing I liked most about this book is that, for the first time, in contrast to books that I have read previously, the writer doesn't make the main character, a girl, Mia, seem like she is the centre of attention for whatever reason at her school. She isn't bullied, doesn't have many friends or has the hottest boyfriend. She is a relatable character with a love for classical music and thinks the same as a normal 17 year old girl.

I personally think this book is one of the best books I have ever read. I was reading the ending on the way to Manchester on the train and turned a few heads when I was crying hysterically at the ending. The sequel isn't personally as great in my opinion but still worth the read if you loved this one. I look forward to the film adaptation in August!

Twenty One Pilots
Twenty One Pilots

5.0 out of 5 stars Twenty One Pilots don't disappoint!, 22 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Twenty One Pilots (Audio CD)
Took ages to arrive but the album is amazing. Twenty|one|pilots debut album is not one to be missed, admittedly not as great as vessel but still a very nice summery album with lyrics that make you think. I have seen them live and they always add 'addict with a pen' to their setlist which is my favourite song from this album. Great band and amazing live! :)

Glowing Eyes (Bonus Track)
Glowing Eyes (Bonus Track)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 24 Feb. 2014
Bought this song because at the time I didn't own the UK bonus tracks edition of Vessel.
Amazing band, amazing song and a definite must see live band as they are incredible!

Night Visions
Night Visions

2.0 out of 5 stars Night Visions, 24 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Night Visions (MP3 Download)
I really don't understand the hype towards this album which is a shame. I have listened to it a few times thoroughly and haven't been impressed. I loved the songs they have released and my friend (who is a huge Imagine Dragons fan) goes to all their gigs so I decided to give it a try. I think it sounds too similar to Awolnation's album but overall I'm not a big fan. Sorry!

Fanboys [DVD]
Fanboys [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seth Rogen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film!, 3 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fanboys [DVD] (DVD)
I was so surprised with this film. I don't go by online reviews (which were mainly negative) and decided to watch it for myself, my friend disliked it but I loved it and have since recommended it to more people.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Print quality is great!, 3 Feb. 2014
I bought this as a present for my friend and it arrived 2 days after it's estimated delivery date which is the only reason I give it 4 stars. Besides that, it fits great and my friend (being a huge Sherlock fan) loves it! The print is great too. (I want one too!)

Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist [DVD] [2009]
Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Kat Dennings
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!, 3 Feb. 2014
I watched this film once at a friends not paying much attention, the only reason I had watched it was for the Vampire Weekend song at the end. I decided to risk buying the DVD and I was not disappointed! The film is perfect for teens and the story line is individual aswell, definately recommend it :)!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Gutted!, 2 Jan. 2014
It didn't fit my ear at all which was a real shame because I was so looking forward to wearing it. It's too big and weighs your ear down which can be dangerous.

I shall try to find a different sort of dragon ear cuff but as for this one I sadly wouldn't recommend.

Neotechs® Vintage Flower Luxury Leather Smart Case Cover Wallet for Amazon Kindle Touch & Paperwhite 5
Offered by Neotechs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case!!!, 4 Dec. 2013
This case arrived really quickly and it fits the kindle paperwhite perfectly.
I am however slightly gutted as the case looks pink on the picture but is actually white.
besides the colour, it's a great case and is very cute and floral!