Profile for za_janice > Reviews

Content by za_janice

za_janice (Cape Town - South Africa)

Band Of Gold: The Complete First Series [VHS] [1995]
Band Of Gold: The Complete First Series [VHS] [1995]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars WHERE IS THE SECOND SERIES????, 24 Oct. 2001
I saw this first series on TV but missed one or two episodes so I ordered the double-video from Amazon. Brilliant! I know Barbara Dixon can sing, I didn't know she could act so well. Everything in this drama is good...well-written, superb acting by all. Very authentic. (My guess is that Americans, for example, will find the accents a bit difficult to follow at times!)I saw the second series (which I think is titled just "Gold") but missed a few episodes as WELL!! So to echo the reviewer from Georgia...where is it? Or do we just wait and wish? Would appreciate any info. from previous 2 reviewers if we do get lucky.

Tightrope
Tightrope
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars STAY TOGETHER GUYS !!, 11 Aug. 2001
This review is from: Tightrope (Audio CD)
I first heard B&D when I bought their Greatest Hits and I was "hit" and hooked. To all those people out there who think Ronnie should go solo...well, hey, "diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks" huh? I personally think their different styles compliment each other. To those who are new to these guys, put your 'phones on, play "Don't Look Back Now", turn up the volume, lay back and see what Kix's voice does to you. No matter how often I play it I get gooseflesh and choked up. And that is just ONE track on this album (and other albums of theirs)which causes that sensation. My favourite duo.