Profile for example > Reviews

Content by example

example (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Acer Chromebook 11.6 inches Laptop CB3-131 Intel Celeron N2840 2 GB  16GB EMMC Chrome  White
Acer Chromebook 11.6 inches Laptop CB3-131 Intel Celeron N2840 2 GB 16GB EMMC Chrome White

1.0 out of 5 stars buy cheap, buy twice, 8 Dec. 2016
really wish I hadn't bought a chrome book. It's not user friendly and there's so many things I can't do. Most frustratingly podcasts. I wish I had waited until I had more money and bought a normal windows laptop instead.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2017 2:20 PM BST

Read Through the Bible in a Year
Read Through the Bible in a Year

3.0 out of 5 stars Not necessary to buy, 17 Sept. 2016
This is a very short, simple book, suggestion what order you should read the bible in (chronological order) rather than in the order of the books. I also divides up the chapters into 2-3 per day. They didn't really need to make a book for this, a webpage would have been sufficient.

Acer CB3 11.6-Inch Chromebook (White) - (Intel Celeron N2830 2.16 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 32 GB SSD, WLAN, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Google Chrome)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very limited, 17 Sept. 2016
It's lovely and light and compact, and I like the keyboard. But Chromebook is so restricted. Unless you literally just want to browse the internet, there's very little you can do with it. I thought I would be able to work around it by downloading apps etc, but this is not the case. I constantly find myself relying on my old, falling apart laptop or even my phone, in order to work around things that I can't do on chromebook such as uploading a CV onto the website, downloading a podcast, or trying to retrieve a deleted photo. I regret this purchase and would not recommend it as it is as it's uses are too limited. I imagine they will continue to develop it and it will be improved in the future.

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying: A simple, effective way to banish clutter forever

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 28 Mar. 2016
It's simple and easy to read. I read the book in one evening, but have yet to put the ideas into practice. It's certainly an inspiring book and makes some bold claims. Don't be put off by suggestions like "saying hello to your house" and thanking the items that you throw out. It makes more sense in context! It's really about appreciating and treating with respect the objects that you have, therefore needing less.

The Alchemist: A Fable About Following Your Dream
The Alchemist: A Fable About Following Your Dream
by Paulo Coelho

3.0 out of 5 stars Over-rated, 20 Mar. 2016
Although I have been aware of this book for sometime, I was inspired to buy it after an endorsement from Will Smith. I was a little disappointed with the book. It's a hero's journey type story, told in a simple, if not childish way with two-dimensional characters appearing to explain the lessons. It's a nice read, but somewhat over-rated.

Kindle E-reader, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi (Black) - Includes Special Offers (Previous generation - 7th)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Mar. 2016
I recently bought this kindle and am enjoying it so much. It is light and easy to use, fits perfectly in my bag and I have not needed to charge it since I bought it. The screen is comfortable to read and the dictionary is really helpful.

The Master Key System
The Master Key System
by Charles F. Haanel

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time, 21 Feb. 2016
This review is from: The Master Key System (Paperback)
I probably won't ever finish this book. I've got to chapter 5 and it really hasn't said anything at all yet. Many words and points are used in many ways to say very little. A typical pseudo-science/ spriitual guide book which says basically nothing at all in a patronising way.

Very British Problems: Making Life Awkward for Ourselves, One Rainy Day at a Time
by Rob Temple

3.0 out of 5 stars It's funny cos it's true, 21 Mar. 2015
It's funny - but you don't have to worry about laughing out loud on the tube. I can relate to so many of these, if I haven't done them, I've been on the receiving end of them. It is truely British humour.

Quantum Wellness: A Step-by-Step Guide to Health and Happiness
Quantum Wellness: A Step-by-Step Guide to Health and Happiness
by Kathy Freston

2.0 out of 5 stars Preachy, 20 Mar. 2015
This starts off well, but although beautifully written, it really doesn't contain any inspiration you haven't read thousands of times before in the self-help section (meditation, visualisation, healthy eating.) About 1/2 way through, it becomes a a book about why you should become a vegan, from someone owning furlined clothes and leather shoes! As a vegetarian myself I did not want to read pages and pages about the horrific animal abuse. Which left me feeling unhappy, negative and depressed. Certainly not how you should feel after reading a book about wellness. While I support vegetarianism, it certainly was not what I thought I was getting myself into when I opened the book - I was looking for inspiration, positivity and perhaps a few new ideas for moving forwards towards my goals, disappointingly this book did not offer that.

HP Combo Pack Compatible 364XL Ink Cartridges - 1 Black (550 Pages) 1 Cyan 1 Magenta 1 Yellow for HP Photosmart 5510, 5511, 5512, 5514, 5515, 5520, 5522, 5524, 6510, 6512, 6515, 6520, 7515, B010a, B109a, B109d, B109f, B109n, B110a, B110c, B110e, HP Photosmart Plus B209a, B209c, B210a, B210c, B210d, HP Deskjet 3070A, 3520, 3522, 3524, Officejet 4610, 4620 High capacity
Offered by Colour Direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with HP printer, 15 Feb. 2015
I bought these to use in an HP printer, but even though they fit perfectly, the printer recognises them as fake so wont print.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5