Profile for AnthonyGet > Reviews

Content by AnthonyGet

AnthonyGet (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Neewer 24x24 Inch Photo Studio Shooting Tent Light Cube Diffusion Soft Box Kit with 4 Colors Backdrops (Red Dark Blue Black White) for Photography
Offered by Well-Goal

2.0 out of 5 stars Unusable backgrounds, 29 Jun. 2017
Slightly puzzled by the excellent reviews this item gets. The best I can give it is "ok for the price". The problem is not with the tent itself, but the backdrops are close to useless. Someone described ironing them "velvet side down", that must be a different one. Mine don't have a velvet side. they are incredibly nasty, plastic feeling nylon with crease marks that will not disappear. I have tried ironing, steaming and soaking. Nothing gets the folds out, therefore totally useless unless you like the "folds in the background" look to your photos.
the only reason I'm not sending it back is I need it urgently. The 2 stars I have given it is for the fact that it stores very small and actually is white and stands up.

Dog Rocks Lawn Urine Burn Prevention (200g x 2 Pack)
Dog Rocks Lawn Urine Burn Prevention (200g x 2 Pack)
Offered by SPonlineUK

1.0 out of 5 stars I tried it so you don't have to!, 27 Mar. 2017
I really wanted this to work so I gave it two months, one change of rocks as recommended. However, as you can see after 2 months, my lawn is still acid burnt. My dogs are male, castrated and don't eat anything unusual. The proof is in the pictures. The healthy grass grows round the acid burns, but they are still there.

I don't know why this company is still going? One born every minute .. including me!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2017 9:53 PM BST

Born with Teeth: A Memoir
Born with Teeth: A Memoir

5.0 out of 5 stars The Captain of Her Own Ship....., 19 April 2016
Often when reading a biography of an actor I am waiting for the hints of narcissism, or perhaps woe filled story of rags to riches. Not here.

Kate Mulgrew writes a fascinating, down to earth, relatable tale childhood on through to single working mother trying to negotiate loss and love, friendships and family. Her charm and wit pours through the pages and her turn of phrase is captivating. More than just a check list of events, Mulgrew brings us into her life and lets us peek her triumphs and makes herself vulnerable in her tragedies.

Don't expect lots of Janeway tales in this book. This is Mulgrews full life, not just her Captainship on Voyager.

The book ends around 1998, and I cannot wait for the next installment. Bravo Kate!

Find Her (Detective D.D. Warren Book 8)
Find Her (Detective D.D. Warren Book 8)

3.0 out of 5 stars Pacey but a little distracted..., 7 Mar. 2016
My interest was piqued by the sample that was delivered to my Kindle, and I did find this book a pacey and interesting read. I dont know this authors other work, so I cant make any assumptions as a body of work however, her writing is often disjointed. She does not seem to know who the protagonist is, and although she seems to like writing her characters I feel like the ( main ? ) character in the book Flora Dane could be developed into a another stand alone book. I'm not sure I like how the author portrays women, as the writing feels really black and white. Saying that, not much room for nuances in this kind of genre. The writer does present us with a very good if completely implausible yarn, with some surprising originality. A good winters night read, but a little low on literary calories. TBH, I'd wait to the price comes down a bit.

Lucifer - Season 1
Lucifer - Season 1
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Hangover Viewing, 27 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Lucifer - Season 1 (Amazon Video)
The long and the short.. It's badly scripted, it's terrible acting, it's shot in a sort of 90's Charmed genre. Not one bit of the dialogue is original. The makeup/special effects are poor, and even the sound track sucks. The main character is about as sexy as my grannys dentures in a glass of water.

BUT, it makes perfect hangover viewing. It's like that big bite of fatty, carb rich, crap after a really messy night out. So I guess if you're in dire need of feeling mildly numbed out, this is the show for you!

Behind Closed Doors: The gripping psychological thriller everyone is raving about

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious..., 13 Feb. 2016
I wanted to like this book but.... Until the very end of the book it's a rehash. Basically it's the same narrative told over and over again, a poor imitation of Sleeping With The Enemy. It's got very little punch, tedious and silly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2016 3:55 PM GMT

Celebrity Jewellery Heart of the Ocean Ruby Red Austrian Crystal Necklace and Earrings Set for Women

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy if you want quality, 27 Feb. 2015
Bought as a gift for a friend had no idea there are obvious holes at the top of the stones. Looks cheap and nasty. Would not recommend

Spigen Tough Armor Cover Case for iPhone 6 - Gunmetal
Spigen Tough Armor Cover Case for iPhone 6 - Gunmetal
Offered by Keep in Case

4.0 out of 5 stars Super tough and feels good to use, 18 Nov. 2014
This is my third Spigen case. Super tough and feels good to use. Loss of star is because I always have to take it off to use phone with a dock.

Ellie-Bo Dog Puppy Cage Folding 2 Door Crate with Non-Chew Metal Tray Extra Large 42-inch Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Nov. 2014
Excellent product and much better value than many others I have seen.

Ellie-Bo Dog Bed with Faux Suede and Sheepskin Topping for Dog Cage/ Crate Extra Large 42-inch Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Nov. 2014
excellent bed for our Boxer. Well made and much better than many others I saw.

Page: 1 | 2