Profile for R. Howard > Reviews

Dig out Your Soul
Dig out Your Soul
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Dig your own soul, 13 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Dig out Your Soul (Audio CD)
Oasis always seem to get critised every time they release a new album. Saying it's not going to be the next what's the story or it's not going to be as good as their debut definitely maybe which is definitely the better of the two by the way. But you can never repeat that same success over and over again. I've always been a fan a huge fan of oasis and every time they release a new album I always wait with anticipation wondering if it's going to impress. On first hearing their new album you can hear the beatles influences without a doubt. Which is no bad thing and you hear it throughout the album but proberly more so on the first couple of tracks such as bag it up, the turning and shock of lightning. I would say these are the stand out tracks as well as falling down and get off your high horse lady. The boys are back but they never really went away!

Hopes and Fears
Hopes and Fears
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoped it would be a good album and it was best album of 2004, 28 April 2005
This review is from: Hopes and Fears (Audio CD)
I'd heard comparisons that keane were to be the 'new coldplay', and as a fan of them, I made sure I went out of my way to hear this band, and I did so when I came across them on a slot on virgin radio. They played a live version of 'Somewhere only we know' and from then on I was hooked. I bought the album on the basis of the two main singles that they released, 'Somewhere only we know and 'Everybody's changing'. This is something I don't do as I usually wait until the band release three singles before I buy an album. But on this occasion I was willing to make an exception as I then heard 'Bedshaped', way before it became a single, and I was blown away and knew I had to get the album from that moment on. The other tracks definetly worth mentioning are 'Bend and break', 'She has no time ', 'Can't stop now' and 'This is the last time'. Actually all the songs are worth mentioning, as there isn't a bad song on the album. I'm glad they recently won a Brit award for best album, which just goes to show they got the recognition they deserve. But even after all this I'm not convinced that they are the 'new coldplay', because their better than coldplay! Buy the album if you don't already owe it!

Up All Night
Up All Night

4.0 out of 5 stars I was 'up all night' listening to this album!, 26 April 2005
This review is from: Up All Night (Audio CD)
I know it sounds corny, but I was up all night listening to the album and what a album it is! There's not a bad song on it. All the singles are here including the current one 'somewhere else' (if you were lucky enough to buy the album when it was re-released that is). The stand out tracks are 'golden touch', 'rip it up' and the opening track 'leave me alone'.
I hope big things for Razorlight if they continue to produce quality such as this.

Bleed Like Me
Bleed Like Me
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars A welcome back to form, 19 April 2005
This review is from: Bleed Like Me (Audio CD)
As a dedicated fan of garbage, I was looking forward to hearing the new album and I wasn't disappointed when I rushed to buy it on the first day of release. The girlie angst anthems are still there, such as 'Bad Boyfriend' and 'why do you love me', the current single.

Finally Woken
Finally Woken
Offered by wantitcheaper

4.0 out of 5 stars A real Jem!, 5 April 2005
This review is from: Finally Woken (Audio CD)
I first came across jem when she performed on parkinson and later on when one of her songs appearing on the oc. The first single 'they' is definately the stand out track, but that's not to say there are not other songs that are worth listening to, such as 'save me' and 'just a ride' which is used on the oc soundtrack. As well as a track called '24', which I'm sure is connected to the programme of the same name.
Forget the comprasions with Dido, Jem has her own unique sound and it shows on each track.

The Singles 1992 - 2003
The Singles 1992 - 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Do speak highly of no doubt!, 22 April 2004
This review is from: The Singles 1992 - 2003 (Audio CD)
This album rocks! I think this is one of the best singles collections around because that's exactly what they are,singles, all on one album, you've not got loads of b sides or covers, apart from the one, the recent 'it's my life' (which i think is just as good as the original, if not better!). It can't get better than that! you've got some anthems of the 90's 'Don't speak' and 'Just a Girl', as well as 'Hey baby' and 'Hella good' at the start of the millennium, these songs were the main reason i bought the album and i'm so glad i did. On discovering other tracks on the album I wished I owed more of their albums. If like me this is the only album you have by no doubt, it's worth having. As it sums up their career over the past 10 or so years. I lent this album to a friend the other week, and he's not returned it! but it's so good i buy it twice! no doubt rock steady!