Profile for Suke > Reviews

Content by Suke

Suke "Suke" (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Effective Birth Preparation (Twins - Vaginal Birth): A Self Hypnosis CD
Effective Birth Preparation (Twins - Vaginal Birth): A Self Hypnosis CD
by Natal Hypnotherapy
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended - have told everyone about it as I feel it was an important part of my birth preparation, 29 Nov. 2014
I went into labour early (29+5 weeks), but was not aware. My contractions when I reached the hospital for a routine check were 3 minutes apart, I had driven myself to the appointment, I felt no pain, was calm and relaxed. Although the birth did not go to plan and I needed an emergency c-section, all the staff commented on how calm I was considering I had just been blue-lighted in an ambulance to a better equipped hospital. I was fully aware of what was going on and made informed decisions about my care, but felt safe and relaxed about it. I put it all down to listening to this cd and will do this with my next pregnancy. It allowed me to remain calm when the life of myself and my twins were at risk.

JL Childress Gate Check Bag for Standard and Double Strollers (Red)
JL Childress Gate Check Bag for Standard and Double Strollers (Red)
Offered by Direct 4 Baby

4.0 out of 5 stars Large enough for a double (side-by-side) pushchair, 29 Nov. 2014
I've not used it yet as I fly in 3 weeks, but wanted to leave a comment on the fit. I have twins so have a double pushchair (Cosatto You2) and the double bag fits the pushchair with room to spare. I could get a pack of nappies and some towels/blankets in it if needed. Fingers crossed it is durable for my first holiday in ten years!

Clarks Toddler Gauge None
Clarks Toddler Gauge None
Offered by Clarks

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Clarks Toddler Gauge None (Shoes)
Handy piece of kit that allows me to ensure my children always have the right sized shoes.

The Fussy Baby Book
The Fussy Baby Book
by William Sears

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally changed the way we parent, 12 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Fussy Baby Book (Paperback)
I am a first time mum of twins and have one really laid back baby and one high needs, demanding baby and thought I was pandering to a manipulative son by responding every time he cried. It was creating a conflict of parenting styles between my husband and I as I felt cruel to let him cry to see if he would self-soothe and my husband felt that I was creating a 'mummies boy'. He was a baby that was not happy unless in my arms and preferably nursing 24/7.

After reading this book, we both understand that he has different needs to his sister and have responded to his cries more readily and as a result, he cries far less often and smiles a whole lot more. He is now a really happy baby that still needs a lot of attention, but we better understand he is communicating in the only way he can. Yes there are times when he screams the house down as we just can't respond (when without the other parent and changing nappy of the other twin, bathing other twin, etc, etc), but on the whole he knows that when he needs something, it will be done. He has an umbilical hernia that was getting larger week by week, but in the month of following our reading this book, it is actually getting smaller meaning that surgery is less likely. We also have noticed that although he is only 5mths old, he is trying to communicate in other ways and looks to want he wants while crying, for instance he will look at the changing table and if we say the word 'nappy' he stops crying and once on the change mat will beam a huge smile as a reward for understanding him. This has changed our lives in terms of parenting a high needs baby especially as we have twins.

When people visit and give me that disapproving look when I immediately respond to his cries, I simply say that if one had a disabled baby you'd deal with them in a way that met their needs, well, just because you can't see his needs, that doesn't make them any less important. I felt, rightly or wrongly, that they were judging me as a first-time mum and assuming that I didn't know what I was doing. This book said I was right to follow my instincts and that it was OK to cuddle him for hours on an evening when the other twin was asleep and didn't need me - he is now the first to fall asleep and sleeps longer as a result of being better understood.

He is a lovely little boy that is growing in confidence and although he is not as independent or adventurous as his twin sister (or other babies his age), he is his own person and is happy. Highly recommend this book.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 30 Jan. 2013
Having spent years trying to find cheaper alternatives to Calvin Kleins for my husband, I gave up, bit the bullet and bought these. From the moment he tried them on for fit, he told me never, ever to buy any other kind of boxer again... I've been told!

Nortexx 38 mm Bra Extender, Beige
Nortexx 38 mm Bra Extender, Beige
Offered by Calico Laine

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly as needed, 30 Jan. 2013
Due to pregnancy, I am increasing bra size every month and this has allowed me to wear bras for much longer without having to purchase yet another (expensive because they are for maternity use) bra.

EyeCatch - Python Snake Embossed Faux Leather Ladies Shoulder Bag Handbag Black
EyeCatch - Python Snake Embossed Faux Leather Ladies Shoulder Bag Handbag Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, great size, but could do with more internal pockets, 30 Jan. 2013
This is a fantastic size, but would benefit from additional internal pockets or being sectioned so that I didn't have to empty the whole bag to find my ringing mobile.

Infantastic Baby Bed Travel Cot Portable Child Nursery Furniture with Toys - Design Choice

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly versatile, 30 Jan. 2013
Being pregnant with twins has posed several issues concerning space and what exactly is needed compared to what shop sales assistance keep insisting I need. So, instead of the two moses baskets, two changing stations, playpen, toy box and a mountain of other things to clutter my house. This does it all.

The changing mat allows me to do nappy changes without having to carry two babies up the stairs to the nursery, I can put one in the bassinet while changing the other, put both in the bassinet while answering the door or carrying a hot drink, have toys stored under the bassinet when not in use and in time, can remove the bassinet to use the full depth as a play pen. This is easy to put together (once we read the instructions (in german) and studied the photos) and is ideal for keeping our little ones safe at home or at the grandparents.

Cimac Martial Arts Kung fu Slippers RRP £10.00, 11 uk [Apparel]
Cimac Martial Arts Kung fu Slippers RRP £10.00, 11 uk [Apparel]
Offered by Martial Art Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars "Most comfortable slippers in the world", 20 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Kung Fu Slippers (Shoes)
My husband calls these his "most comfortable slippers in the world". He wears them around the house and being a Martial Artist, find these better than regular slippers.

The Firm - Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn [DVD]
The Firm - Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, effective and it works!, 20 Jan. 2012
I am a self-confessed lazy person and used to say that my exercise was doing the housework, but even though I work 50+ hours a week, I still want to do this work out when I get home - which is as much of a surprise to me as it is to anyone who knows me!

I have been doing it two or three times per week since the start of the year and I am not yet able to get through the whole routine, however, I am able to get further into it each time (can now do 20 minutes). The first time I was ready to give up after the warm-up session (about 6 minutes in), but each time I am able to do a little more and I am looking forward to the feeling of accomplishment when I am able to do the whole workout (about 55 minutes). It is broken down into chapters which helps with progress as well as allowing a few seconds to quench the thirst.

The routines are aerobic based (I HATE the dance type ones) and the cueing is good and easy to follow, there are beginners adaptations which is great for those of us that are fairly new to exercise or are feeling a bit tired, but still want to banish the bulge. I have been using a calorie counter and found that 20 mins of this routine burns about 250 calories (based on my height and weight) and my recovery time is improving too, proving that I must be getting fitter. I am easily bored with exercise videos, but this is a firm favourite (excuse the pun) which I actually look forward to doing.

Both my husband and friends have commented that I've lost weight so it is working and this along with being able to complete more chapters each time are encouraging me to do the routine more often. All I can say about it really is that it is enjoyable, the routines are easy to follow, you will sweat (which is a good thing when working out) and it actually works.

Can't wait to see the results after a few months!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3