Profile for A in the UK > Reviews

Content by A in the UK

A in the UK (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
MamaKiddies All Terrain 3 Wheeler Pushchair Buggy Stroller Jogger with Raincover and Foot Muff BEIGE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and quick delivery, 15 Aug. 2010
This pushchair/buggy is fantastic and was delivered promptly the next day. The best thing about this is its ability to manouver. It gets up curbs and off buses with ease. It folds down easily however you do need both hands when doing this, so it may be tricky when alone with baby in arms. I like the window flap at the top of the canopy (which allows you to look in on baby) but there should be something to secure it to as the wind keeps blowing it shut when open. The tray is very spacious and sturdy, a great help when shopping.

My son seems to find this buggy quite comfortable but I disagree with the manufacturer that it is suitable from birth; the seat does not go completely flat and it is quite insecure without the foot muff as the sides do not come up far enough. I should think that it is suitable from about 4 months upwards. A very good pushchair/buggy and well worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good plant feed but packaging faulty, 15 Aug. 2010
This has helped my blueberry and my other acid loving plants. However, when it was delivered I noticed that about a half a cup of it had leaked out. Upon taking off the cap I noticed that the container was not sealed. It is the first liquid feed I have purchased where no measuring cup was included. The instructions state that one should use the cap itself to measure i.e 1 cap full to a gallon of water. I have found this quite messy to do and silly as well. What if you don't need a gallon or 1/2 a gallon of water? This is a good product but packaging could be improved.

Draper Expert 44971 Stainless Steel Digging Fork with FSC-Certified Ash Handle
Draper Expert 44971 Stainless Steel Digging Fork with FSC-Certified Ash Handle
Offered by APLENTI

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Well worth the money, 15 Aug. 2010
I love this. It is neat, strong and does what it is supposed to do. It is the best garden tool I have bought this year. Would highly recommend this to both first time and seasoned gardeners.

Alan Titchmarsh Hedge Shears with Wavey Blades
Alan Titchmarsh Hedge Shears with Wavey Blades

1.0 out of 5 stars USELESS! USELESS! USELESS!, 15 Aug. 2010
I got this because I was looking for a good strong pair of shears and was persuaded because this was backed by Alan Titchmarsh. What a waste!! If I could give this no stars I would!! This can only manage to cut soft new shoots; everything else is a challenge. I bought this to do cleaning up of my rose bushes mainly. It could not handle the thicker older stems and I had to simply throw it aside and use my small garden clippers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2011 9:10 AM GMT

Flushable Biodegradable Nappy Liners Pck 100
Flushable Biodegradable Nappy Liners Pck 100

1.0 out of 5 stars Like using tissue paper, 15 Aug. 2010
Did not like these and neither did my newborn. They are simply too coarse for a newborn's skin. I expected some level of absorbancy but was disappointed. Simply a waste of time and money.

Draper 88798 Carbon Steel Draw Hoe
Draper 88798 Carbon Steel Draw Hoe

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very useful, felt like I was using a toy, 15 Aug. 2010
I am an avid gardener but had given it up for a while. Decided to get back into it this year and bought some tools to do so, this being among them. This hoe is only good for probably leveling out well prepared soil and nothing else. It's long handle is possibly it's best feature as it is quite comfortable to hold. The wrapping it came in took me the better part of 1/2 an hour to unwrap. I thought that it must be quite sharp for this sort of precautionary measure to be taken but was duly disappointed. The blade is ridiculously small and takes forever to sharpen. I had given up after 40mins and passed it on to my partner who took a further 40mins to get it up to scratch. It has not been much use and I have had to purchase an alternative. Would not recommend this especially to first time gardeners.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2012 7:40 PM BST

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but doesn't stay put, 15 Aug. 2010
This looks very nice outside my door but I have had to remove it because one of my visitors slipped when stepping on it. This product could be improved with some sort of lining underneath which allows it to stay in place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice and neat, holds a lot, 15 Aug. 2010
I really like this. Got it for my bathroom as I was short of storage. It is very handy for storing all those little items from disposable razors to bath salts. Fits in the corner very nicely and adds a touch of style to my not so posh bathroom.

Kala Fun Desk Lamp with Organiser Tray (Bulb included)
Kala Fun Desk Lamp with Organiser Tray (Bulb included)

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky design and worth the money, 15 Aug. 2010
Got this for my teenage daughter. She really likes it for the 'funky' design but thinks that the tray oganiser is a bit of a let down as it doesn't hold much. It would be handy if the stem was adjustble to give desired height.

1.0 out of 5 stars OVER PRICED AND NOT VERY GOOD RESULTS, 15 Aug. 2010
I thought given the price that this compost would deliver great results however I was disappointed. I have since tried some of TESCOs brand and have found the results to be better and at a fraction of what I paid for this. The cost for shipping bumped up the price a great deal more so I would not recommend this compost to others. Instead, get down to your local TESCOs or B&Q.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3