Profile for Mr Frank Lee Bland > Reviews

Content by Mr Frank Lee Bland

Mr Frank Lee Bland (Rockferry)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The 1961 British Hit Parade Part 3
The 1961 British Hit Parade Part 3

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy this if you like poor quality cdrs and sound - you were warned!, 24 May 2012
Putting aside that the sound quality is not as good as the 1961 compilation by `the other lot`( which I downloaded )my complaint is that these cds , which are CD-R , are such poor quality. I have a three year old VW Golf and as I spend a lot of time driving I like to listen to my cds in the car - but these CDRs regulary just skate and skip from one track to another . I have NEVER had this problem on any previous cds whether proper silver pressings or cd-r compilations I have made for myself . I can only assume these are second rate quality cd-r discs as the other reviews suggest I am not the only one having problems ( am I Acrobat ?!). I did email Acrobat and they replied with a lengthy `copy and pasted` reply ( which I assume they`ve had to send to every one else who`s complained to them ). They offered to exchange them if I send them back but if they`re just going to send me another batch on the same quality CDR what`s the point.

The 1961 British Hit Parade Part 2
The 1961 British Hit Parade Part 2

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and sound ...., 5 May 2012

The 1961 British Hit Parade: Britain's Greatest Hits, Vol.10, Part 1: January-May

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst quality recorded cds I have ever bought, 8 April 2012

You Sexy Thing: The Best Of Hot Chocolate
You Sexy Thing: The Best Of Hot Chocolate

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly perfect complete singles collection !, 31 Mar. 2012
I`ve called this a nearly perfect complete singles collection as whilst it includes 35 UK A side singles and 3 other tracks , it omits 3 UK singles abeit lesser known ones. The omitted singles are Give Peace A Chance - 1969 single did not chart ; Going Through The Motions - 1979 single #53 / USA #53 and I`m Sorry - 1983 single #89. The tracklisting is -

1.You Sexy Thing - 1975 single #2 / USA #3
35.Losing You - 1981 single failed to chart
36.Blue Night - 1975 single failed to chart
37.Heartache No 9 - 1986 single #76
38.Put Your Love In Me - 1977 single #10

Do You Know Where You're Going To? (from "Mahogany")
Do You Know Where You're Going To? (from "Mahogany")

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning vocals by Polly Brown !, 30 Mar. 2012
Recorded circa 1975 this is a stunning vocal performance by Polly Brown ( former lead singer of Pickettywitch & Sweet Dreams ) as a session singer on this Diana Ross cover
They dont get much better than this

Early In The Morning
Early In The Morning

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SONG AND AN ORIGINAL RECORDING !!, 28 Aug. 2011
This song was a million seller worldwide and sounds as good today as it did in the late 60s
This is the original recording by the original band lineup .
unfortunately there are so many re-recordings here by a later band line up !
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2017 10:46 AM GMT

Hitchin' A Ride
Hitchin' A Ride

1.0 out of 5 stars re-recording NOT THE ORIGINAL HIT, 28 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Hitchin' A Ride (MP3 Download)
buy if you like cheap re-recordings by a later band lineup who didnt sing on the original song !
Why isnt this song described as a re-recording

Vanity Fare
Vanity Fare

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the original hits - second rate re-recordings - AVOID, 28 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Vanity Fare (MP3 Download)
This CD does not include any original hit recordings.
What it includes are later re-recordings by band members who certainly didnt feature on their hit singles
I have no objection to these cheap and nasty remakes but at least they should be described by the record company or amazon that they are re-recordings .
If you buy a cheap cd and it doesnt include the original recordings then the record company usually include a note on the back page ` re-recordings featuring one or more of the original group` . So how does amazon get away with avoiding this information ! One for trading standards eh amazon ?

When Ronan Met Burt
When Ronan Met Burt

1.0 out of 5 stars If you worship Ronan buy it. If you`re a music fan buy the originals !, 27 Mar. 2011
This review is from: When Ronan Met Burt (MP3 Download)
Oh dear what have we here. Yet again his record company have dictated that the only recording career he can have is to record cover versions to release for mothers day. At least this load of covers isnt so cynical as the earlier one which he entitled Songs For My Mother buy which perhaps should have been subtitled Songs for my Bank Balance. The fact is his last album of original material sold poorly and since then he`s only recorded albums of cover versions. He also recorded a Duet album in 2010 which was only released in Australia & NZ. It didnt get an official release here and having heard a few of the songs im not surprised.
Still the mums are happy eh!
Those with any degree of taste in music should download the original versions.

True Faith
True Faith

1.0 out of 5 stars Studio trickery not for me thanks !, 14 Mar. 2011
This review is from: True Faith (Audio CD)
I have tried to like this song with the studio vocal effects but having listened to it at least a dozen times I just cant stand the vocoder ( or whateever it is ) used on the vocals. I think it`s awful and turns for me what would otherwise be a great cover version into an unlistenable experience.
I am sure that there are many out there who will like it but the negative comments posted elsewhere suggests I`m not the only one who doesnt like it.
As this is a charity single I just wish George had released a song that everyone could have enjoyed . As it is it can only be enjoyed by those who like the vocal effect and those of us who dont wont be buying it . He should have used his experimenting for non-charity releases !

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7