Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (UK)

[2 Pack] OMOTON Nexus 5X Screen Protector, 0.26MM 2.5D Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Google Nexus 5X (2015 Released) with [9H Hardness] [Crystal Clear] [Scratch Resist] [No-Bubble Install]
Offered by OMOTON UK

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality screen protectors that are easy to apply, 29 Oct. 2016
This screen protector comes well packaged and with all the accessories you'll need to apply it to the Nexus 5X.

I've used several screen protectors over the years and this is joint top for ease of application. 2 protectors are also supplied so if you fluff the first try up you've got a second one to use.

There are guide stickers to help position it on the phone without fumbling it and having to reapply it several times and there are wet and dry cleaning cloths and a dust remover to reduce the occurrence of bubbles.

I managed to get it on pretty straight with no blemishes by following the instructions supplied.

The company that makes these also sent a follow up email to check I was happy with everything and offered to answer any questions I had about fitting it to my phone.

All in all a decent product and well worth the money considering you usually only get 2 protectors if they're of thinner material, whereas these are the higher quality tempered glass, so a bit of a bargain.

Fosmon (DURA-FRO) Google Nexus 5X Case - Slim-Fit Flexible TPU Gel Cover for LG Nexus 5X - Fosmon Retail Packaging (Black)
Offered by theWireless USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent case for the price, 29 Oct. 2016
Fits the Nexus 5X perfectly and has all the necessary holes including for the microphone.

There is a small logo on the lower back which doesn't detract from the look of the case if that sort of thing is important to you.

The back is matt and the sides are gloss with separate bumps for the up and down volume buttons as well as the power button so you can differentiate between them by touch only.

The case feels more forgiving to put on the phone compared to the hard plastic cases that are also available for the 5X and it feels like it'll protect the phone from knocks.

The rim around the rear camera is also raised which should protect the lens when the phone is laid down on a hard surface.

All in all a decent case for the price.

We R Sports® 1" Premium Weight Lifting Dumbbell Barbell Bar Spin-lock Collar Locks Chrome
Offered by We R Sports®

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid spinlocks that shouldn't splinter or crack, 12 Oct. 2016
I brought these to use with a set of cast iron York dumbell and barbell bars as 2 of the original 4 spinlocks had coating that had started to peel away, meaning I'd cut my fingers occasionally on the splintering metal whilst tightening them.

These fit perfectly and appear to be in no danger of peeling as there's a rubber seal around the edge that you grip, rather than bare metal.

I did also try some vinyl spinlocks in the interim which cracked after some time, so these seem also to be a better alternative to those due to their tougher material.

The only downside I found was one of the lock's rubber lips that grips the plates and stops them from coming loose was pretty much flush with the metal rather than being raised like the other lock I received, meaning over time it may wear down to be flush with the metal and no longer grip the plates.

I'll still give full marks for the time being as it still works perfectly and they are otherwise solid and good value for money.

I'll be buying some more once my remaining locks start to flake, assuming the pair I've brought are still working as expected by then.

Red and Blue Magnus Home Silicone Cutting Board Pack of Two- Non-Slip Chopping Board Set - FDA Approved High Quality Silicone with Hygienic Coating
Offered by Gadget Revolution

5.0 out of 5 stars Unconventional cutting boards that are up to the job, 5 Jun. 2016
These unconventional cutting boards have a non-slip surface and sufficient weight to them so they shouldn't move around whilst being used. I did find at first slippery food would move on them while being cut, but after a few uses this has no longer been the case. Knife marks haven't really been detrimental to their appearance either.

As mentioned elsewhere, you can curl them up to funnel food waste into a bin, although doing this with one hand sometimes means they unfold and the food spills because of their weight, but using both hands or having a firmer grip resolves this. They're easy to clean too.

Lifting Straps - Elite Body Squad Pro Wrist Straps With Neoprene Wrist Support - Perfect For Resistance Training, Crossfit, With A Chinning Bar Or As Deadlift Straps To Replace Weight Lifting Gloves - With Rubber 'MAX GRIP' Sticky Pads - Over 60cm Long - Satisfaction Guaranteed
Offered by Elite Body Squad

5.0 out of 5 stars but also found them useful for calf raises with heavy dumbbells where my grip ..., 6 Jun. 2015
Ordered these mainly to limit the chance of bicep tear doing dead lifts, but also found them useful for calf raises with heavy dumbbells where my grip started to fail.

Once you get the hang of wrapping them they're very quick to attach to the weights. They feel durable and the rubber stippling aids grip even further.

I can't comment on their longevity as I've only had them a few weeks, but they certainly seem to be a long lasting piece of gym equipment.

RDX Gym Weight Lifting Gloves Workout Fitness Bodybuilding Crossfit Breathable Powerlifting Wrist Support Training Exercise
Offered by B2Fitness

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice weight lifting gloves, 28 Jun. 2012
This is my 3rd pair of weight training gloves I've purchased - the other 2 being made by Gold's Gym and York respectively. Compared to them they offer much more padding, and the addition of wrist straps is a bonus. Although I can't comment of their longevity at this stage, they do seem to be more well made than my previous pairs, which lasted 6 and 12 months.

They are a little difficult to take off, but I guess this is a side effect of having a good fit.

Overall I would definitely recommend them for anyone who trains with free weights.

Vax V-091 Performance 2200 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Vax V-091 Performance 2200 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, 30 April 2011
I've owned this vacuum cleaner for 4 years so would not normally bother writing a review after all this time, but yet another infuriating morning spent using it compelled me to review it...

From the get go its performance was mediocre and has slowly degraded to useless. The hose connecting the cleaning head to the body would fold over on itself when moving around, causing complete lack of suction until you unfolded it by hand. I put this down to the material it is made of being too thin. It has a large capacity dust container, but the filter gets clogged way before this fills up. It seems to struggle with cleaning up long hairs - it just suspends them in the air while they are still attached to the carpet. It's of medium weight, but feels more cumbersome to move around than it should do. The wheels don't really do much to move it around when you pull it - it wouldn't be any less manoeuvrable if it had no wheels at all.

The reason for the solitary star is that the filter can be washed, so is easy to clean under a tap.

I was surprised to see it still for sale (albeit only one left at time of reviewing), so I urge you not to waste your money. Get a Henry or a Dyson instead.

Golds Gym Mesh Back Glove Black Small
Golds Gym Mesh Back Glove Black Small
Offered by Maximum Supplements

2.0 out of 5 stars Could've lasted longer..., 17 Dec. 2010
These are the first pair of weight lifting gloves I've owned, so I have nothing to compare them to, but I brought them in May and have just had to replace them with an alternative pair.

Whilst they were in one piece, they left black stains on my hands after each session from the dye rubbing off from the inside of the leather.

I thought this would subside after a week or so, but it continued right up until the moment I binned them.

The build quality at first seemed good, but the mesh started coming away from the leather fronts around the thumb area after a month or two. Then the stitching started failing over the padded palm area, exposing the thin foam underneath.

Good points? They did well to protect my hands, helping reduce the callouses I'd developed. They also provided added grip as opposed to going barehanded.

As I said, I replaced them with an alternative pair made by York which I hope will wear a little better.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit fiddly but does the job, 19 Nov. 2010
I've brought 2 of these protectors for different products before, so have had a bit of practice in using them. Even so, I did find the smaller protector a bit fiddly to attach due to the location of the tab on the backing. Even so, once it's on it does the job nicely.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits HTC Desire almost perfectly, 29 April 2010
Got this case on the recommendation of the other reviews. It's a nice snug fit - not too tight, not too loose - and adds a bit of additional grip to boot.
All the holes match up nicely, apart from the camera hole that slightly overlaps the outer silver ridge that circles the lens. However this is just me being fussy as it in no way obscures the actual lens itself. Anyway, at this price you really can't complain - especially as there seem to be no Desire skins out there at the moment.