Profile for Viscacha > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Sleek Gadgets - Black Leather Flip Case Cover for Google Nexus 4
Sleek Gadgets - Black Leather Flip Case Cover for Google Nexus 4

3.0 out of 5 stars The gentlemans cover - possibly, 28 Mar. 2013
It's a decent quality with a nice feel of what is real leather - and it does work - but really I felt it was a bit too staid, and having bought the bumpers in colours I feel happier with that look. Maybe to travel I would change back to the flip case and give it another go.

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Montreal & Quebec City
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Montreal & Quebec City
by Gregory Gallagher

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy pocket book, 28 Mar. 2013
Small concise, durable and very well illustrated guide with useful map in the back. I have other more in depth books too - Lonely Planet on canada for example but this has the benefit of far easier access and a snaphot view of the key interest areas in cities. Its not a study book, you don't need to dwell on it and so for train or bus ride, or 5 minutes in the loo - this is the one.

Agamemnon's Daughter
Agamemnon's Daughter

4.0 out of 5 stars Know Albania and understand the mirroring text, 28 Mar. 2013
This is my first Kadare book and it is not an easy read to begin with yet once the allusions to Albania pre-1985 became clearer over the first 20-30 pages I really found it riveting - helped by my exposure to Albanian society over the last 10 years and the stories told by its people about life under Enver Hoxha. Deeper into it it becomes compelling reading as it draws upon how awful life really was in Albania (and that it the sub-text). Full marks for the vignette about how the script got out of Albania in the first place - says a lot about how unaware the secret police and state officials were about their own condition when told in the story of life around the times of the Trojan War.

Fuji 1GB XD Type M Picture Card
Fuji 1GB XD Type M Picture Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Is there any bad card?, 23 Feb. 2013
Have bought and reused Sandisk and Fuji cards and always found both completely reliable. This is the biggest capacity card I have ever purchased and as always no problems whatever.

Sanyo Xacti VPC-CG21 - Camcorder - High Definition - widescreen - 10.0 Mpix - optical zoom: 5 x - supported memory: SD, SDXC, SDHC - flash card

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought on impulse - no regrets, 23 Feb. 2013
Never had a camcorder and really wasn't sure I even needed one but the price and a magazine write up sold it to me. Since then its been all over the world with me and stood up very well.For my short stubby fingers I do find the controls a bit fiddly but its not a camera fault is it? I don't feel there is any negative about this great little Sanyo product. Smooth finish means it is slippy and I should have got a case for it and also a strap I think, but never got round to it. Maybe I will do that after this review. Would I buy this again - yes.

SanDisk SDSDB-008G-FFP 8 GB SDHC Class 4 Memory Card - Blue, Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy to recommend Sandisk, 23 Feb. 2013
Ideal for my video camera - bought two of them and never looked back. Nothing to say that it negative.

Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device, 23 Feb. 2013
Very pleased with this as a device to avoid carrying cables around with me to download camera pictures to my PC. No negatives in respect of it at all

Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Digital Camera - Silver (6.3MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.5 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought years ago and still my favourite 'gadget', 23 Feb. 2013
I cannot recall when I bought this camera but it was a long time, maybe 6 years ago. Over 15,000 pictures taken on it all over the world. Its been dropped endlessly, switched on accidently in a briefcase, rucksac, suitcase, pocket and so on and never needed any attention by way of service or repair. Metal body seems to cope with absolutely everything. Never use my phone when I have this with me and to take photos in near darkness it a key feature for work in particular. Brilliant piece of kit from Fuji - a great advert for the company

Inconceivable
Inconceivable
by Ben Elton
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars What will he think of next?, 23 Feb. 2013
Great read, could not put it down at times and embarrased myself in the plane laughing out loud! Story line from start to finish, with all the sub plots and stories is terrific - and maybe he gleaned some of the characters and behaviours from his own observations at the Beeb. Well worth buying and since then I've read three others on the strength of this one having originally 'got into' Ben Elton from exchanging a books at a hotel on holiday. Funny how one thing leads to another - and another - and then three more.

Bury System 9 for Nokia 6303 Cradle
Bury System 9 for Nokia 6303 Cradle

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for avoiding the penalty points, 23 Feb. 2013
I already had the in-car fixed part from a previous phone so it was a doddle to clip in this one when my phone was changed. Took a bit of time to get the bluetooth sorted but as far as the product - its excellent. Phone clips in easily and is removed easily too. The whole unit comes off as required with no fixings at all. No negatives about it.

Page: 1 | 2