Profile for Paul L. > Reviews

Content by Paul L.

Paul L.

Page: 1 | 2
LED Lenser 7439 T7 Tactical Light (Frustration Free Packaging)
LED Lenser 7439 T7 Tactical Light (Frustration Free Packaging)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light - but batter life could be better., 28 Aug. 2013
A magnificent light - bright,easy to focus, but battery life is a small bit disappointing. I have a number of other high intensity flashlights from which I get better battery life.

Would I return this flashlight?
Certainly not, a robust, easy to use flashlight. It has already come to the rescue on one late night power outage. And the belt clip/pouch is of great quality, the best I've seen.

Apollo 11 Saturn V Rocket (Plastic model)
Apollo 11 Saturn V Rocket (Plastic model)

5.0 out of 5 stars A magnificent build awaits., 28 Aug. 2013
While assembly is still required, I immediately opened the securely packaged box to find inside very details model parts. I'm building a number of other smaller scale Saturn models at the moment and none have the detail of this model, especially the engine detail.

Quite a large package it arrived in perfect condition - well done to the supplier for a prompt and carefully packaged delivery.

Spacecraft - Mighty Saturns - Saturn 1B [DVD]
Spacecraft - Mighty Saturns - Saturn 1B [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Mighty Saturns
Offered by MEDIA-MOST-WANTED

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you want multi-angle slow motion view of a launch, 7 May 2013
Great to have such archive footage available on DVD. As an apollo programme model rocket builder I wanted to have reference material for body detail on the rockets. Probably a poor purchase for someone who is not interested in every millisecond of the apollo launches, for for those of us who are - buy it.

Falling to Earth: An Apollo 15 Astronaut's Journey to Earth
Falling to Earth: An Apollo 15 Astronaut's Journey to Earth
by Al Worden

5.0 out of 5 stars Left me wanting more...., 7 May 2013
I recently had the opportunity to meet Al Worden who personalized a dedication and signature for me, so my opinion of this book and author may be biased :)

But that said, this is a very honest account of a very difficult time for the author, it's a clear account of the moon landing events and his fall from hero worship and more importantly how Al Worden is once again considered a hero.

He does not bloat the book with accounts of his business adventures after leaving the Apollo programme like some other authors. But if anything that is the only shortcoming of this book, I would love to have known more about how the author was received in the business world.

A wonderful account of a challenging adventure!

BELTON 8" Tablet Hard Case - Black Faux Leather Carrying Case
BELTON 8" Tablet Hard Case - Black Faux Leather Carrying Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money., 7 May 2013
I recently purchased an 8" tablet and found it terribly difficult to source a cover for it (even in the store where I purchased it) It seems that many manufactures are catering for the iPad mini but not providing the flexibility for other tablet devices.

I've been using this Belton case now with my tablet for about 3 months, and both Tablet and case as still as good as new. My tablet feels safe and secure. What more could you ask for? (Oh yes a good price point also)

D-Day Manual: Insights into how science, technology and engineering made the Normandy invasion possible (Operations Manual)
Offered by Books2anywhereUS

4.0 out of 5 stars D-Day for Dad, 7 May 2013
Got this book as a gift for my father - the fact that he immediately was drawn into the book was testament enough to me that it it was a good purchase.

We all have visions of the D-Day landing with troops jumping from the amphibious vehicles, but I was amazed to see the myriad of unique hardware which was designed to overcome some very specific challenges of preparing for and carrying out the landing.

Page: 1 | 2