Profile for Dunroving > Reviews

Content by Dunroving

Dunroving "Definitely Dun with Roving" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Williamson Tea English Breakfast (Pack of 4, Total 200 Teabags)
Williamson Tea English Breakfast (Pack of 4, Total 200 Teabags)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bitter, 20 July 2017
After 60 years of drinking tea, I thought I had tried them all and knew the best (Yorkshire). I recently discovered Williamson by pure chance and only wish I had found it sooner. It has a mild flavour but not insipid - and as someone else said, doesn't have the slight bitter aftertaste of some other teas.

Mudhugger MTB Front Mudguard for Suspension Mountain Bike - Shorty
Mudhugger MTB Front Mudguard for Suspension Mountain Bike - Shorty
Offered by Sprocket & Gear

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guard, 27 May 2017
Easy to fit, does the job. A nice simple, ingenious piece of kit. I fitted it on my 26 inch wheel MTB and it fit fine.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Very small, very quiet, 27 May 2017
This bell is very quiet and only fits very small handlebars. It would not fit at all on my road bike and on my mountain bike would only fit n one part of the bars, in an awkward place to operate the ringer (I have to move my hand away from the bar grips) It also took several weeks to arrive; not the usual delivery service I expect from Amazon orders.

I would strongly recommend against this bell if you need something for riding in the city - there are much louder bells available.

4 Gaskets, Top Quality Rubber Seal & Perfect fit - Nutribullet Replacement Parts

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the same size as the originals, 6 May 2017
These are a much tighter fit than the originals, and also seem a bit thicker/deeper. This results in me needing to be very, very careful when screwing the base to the jug - on several occasions when I remove from the blender, I end up with protein shake leaking out all over the blender.

Garmin FR60 Replacement Heart Rate Chest Strap for Forerunner 405
Garmin FR60 Replacement Heart Rate Chest Strap for Forerunner 405

5.0 out of 5 stars Like for like replacement, 6 May 2017
As the heading says, this is exactly the same as my original Garmin strap. Might seem like an obvious statement but we live in an age where companies go cheaper and flimsier so finding that the replacement is literally identical is somewhat unusual.

Continental Race King MTB - , Black, Size 26 x 2.2
Continental Race King MTB - , Black, Size 26 x 2.2

3.0 out of 5 stars Loses traction when going uphill, 6 May 2017
Maybe I should have realised this from the photo, but the knobs were a lot smaller than I expected. This leads to the tyre losing traction when going uphill on anything but a very firm, hardpacked, dry surface.

For riders who often switch out their tyres depending on riding condition (or if you want a tyre for basic hardpack riding, e.g., canal towpaths etc.), this may not be an issue. As a general purpose MTB tyre, though, I'd recommend getting something more knobbly. I have a Conti Mountain King on the front and am probably going to get another for my rear tyre to replace this one.

Garmin Vivoactive HR GPS Smart Watch with Wrist Based Heart Rate - Regular WW, Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Garmin technology strikes again, 6 May 2017
OK, so I have had the following Garmin technology over the past 13 years:

Forerunner 305 (had it since 2006 and considering its age, it still does a great job as a back-up.)
Garmin Fenix 3 HR - returned it after less than a month. Too many problems to list but the software and syncing was a major issue ... which is a theme that continues with the Vivoactive
Garmin Edge Touring Plus - see separate review for it.
Garmin Vivoactive HR - bought to replace the rubbish Fenix HR. Increasingly feels like this is a piece of rubbish also.

The positives to the Vivoactive:
Quite light considering all the technology that is packed into it
*When it works* it is a handy little unit that can be worn as a main watch (as long as you don't mind the looks) and so you don't have to put on a separate tracker to record GPS, HR etc., data

The negatives:
It doesn't work! I have had numerous sync'ing issues in the 2 months I have had it, often leading to loss of data. There is nothing more annoying than going from 18,000 steps to zero (yes, even the data on the unit zeroes out)
The charging and data transfer clip is very clumsy, which seems to often result in Garmin Express not being able to detect it when plugged in.
It loses Bluetooth connectivity with my Android phone and has to be constantly paired again.
When removed from the clip, often the time changes to some random time of day. usually, if I then sync it, the time corrects itself - but I shouldn't have to do this!
All of the above problems seem to often be associated with connecting the Vivoactive to a laptop to charge. I may just switch to charging via a plug and sync'ing only via Bluetooth to see if that solves the problem.
Although the GPS pauses when you stop, HR recording does not. This means that if you do an hour workout with a 15-minute pause in the middle (or for example you go for a hike and sit down for 30 minutes to eat lunch), the heart rate is averaged across total time, not just moving time (so it underestimates average exercise heart rate). This is a major flaw that is unbelievable from such a major company who supposedly are experts in exercise tracking.
Heart rate recording is very inaccurate.
Looks a bit naff (I'm not a fashionista so it doesn't really bother me too much).

RFID BLOCKING MENS DESIGNER BUONO PELLE GENUINE REAL SOFT LEATHER WALLET WITH LARGE ZIP COIN POCKET / POUCH GIFT BOXED
Offered by Discount Leather Mart

1.0 out of 5 stars Not deep enough for UK bank notes, 14 April 2017
This is barely deep enough to hold a small number of bank notes. I am hoping the leather will get much softer over time (I've been using every day for about a month and it is still a "tight fit" for notes). With just one or two shopping receipts in it, it looks like an overstuffed pillow. I may hold onto it for my travel to the US because US bank notes (not as big) might fit better.

Kensington Duo Gel Wave Mouse Wristrest  Black/Blue
Kensington Duo Gel Wave Mouse Wristrest Black/Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very comfortable, 14 April 2017
Very comfortable and wish I had bought one years ago. I use a computer 6-10 hours a day for work and have been using a cheap spongy mouse pad. Doh. I now plan to buy one for work.The only slightly inconvenient aspect is that it "sticks" to the desk so not easy to make micro-adjustments to its placement on the desk.

Overboard Waterproof Dry Tube Bag, 5 Litres, Black
Overboard Waterproof Dry Tube Bag, 5 Litres, Black
Offered by Waterproof Store

1.0 out of 5 stars Not like the picture, 14 April 2017
Once you roll the top and clip together, you would barely fit your wallet inside. The picture makes it look like a duffel bag but the "roll" uses up a considerable portion of the bag's volume.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9