Profile for Horza > Reviews

Content by Horza

Horza

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Portfolio Cover Organizer Carrying Case Genuine PU Leather for Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet 7" With Stand (Magenta)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Protection, 7 April 2013
Good looking and well made cover for your Kindle. Not to bulky so Kindle still easy to put into a bag. Went for bright pink as it was for my wife.
Can be used as a stand and rotates so the Kindle can be viewed portrait or landscape.
Kindle can still be charged without removing from the case.

XtremeAuto® 24piecekit/565 Vauxhall Corsa C/Van 00- Car Blade Fuse Replacement Mini Standard Fuse Box Kit 5 10 15 20 25 30 Amp Includes Xtremeauto Sticker
Offered by Xtreme Auto Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Pack, 7 April 2013
A good selection of all the fuses that you might need for your Corsa. Worth having on standby in the car somewhere for those occasions when a fuse does blow.

Lifetrons DrumBass III Rechargeable Single Speaker Metallic Body with Leather Case - For iPod, iPhone 4GS, Ipad & MP3 Players

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound travels, 8 July 2012
Bought this to use when travelling with my iPod.
Does exactly what I wanted. Gives me good sound in a hotel room etc from the iPod or other device. Its not going to be loud enough for a party but plenty loud enough to wake the neighbours !
Sound quality is surprisingly good for such a small device with a reasonably good bass tone.
Comes with a leather travel case to protect it in your bag whilst travelling and also contains the cables in a compartment in the bottom.
Charges from USB, takes a little while first time to fully charge but battery life seems acceptable once charged.
Can link to a second unit via a link cable - there is only one speaker in the box (some people seem to get confused about this). If you want a second then you need to order two, seems over the top to me for the intended use.

In summary its perhaps a shade pricey but so far it seems to me that you are getting what you pay for. If you aren't bothered about sound quality then go for a cheaper type.

Garmin Nuvi 2460LT 5" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps (44 Countries) and Lifetime Traffic Subscription

4.0 out of 5 stars Finding your way, 18 Mar. 2012
I had previously owned an older model sat nav for some time but decided it was time for an upgrade. Having done some on-line and in-shop research I found that things had moved on quite a bit and eventually went for this model of Garmin Nuvi and I am glad that I did.

The screen is larger than many on the market at present and the user interface is easy and intuitive. It general picks the best route and seldom makes mistakes. That is basically what you want from a sat nav so it scores highly there.

The traffic feature finds a local broadcast and advises of any hold ups and offers alternative routes to avoid them. Occasionally in bad weather conditions it can take a while to find the signal.

It paired easily via Bluetooth with my mobile phone to provide a hands free phone option - it shows my phone book and call logs / missed calls etc to make it easy to select a number without reverting to the phone itself.

It has a voice activation feature to reduce/eliminate the need to touch the screen when driving. This works most of the time if you speak loudly and very clearly. Not to be advised if you have a car full of passengers, especially if they are micky-taking teenage kids !!!

It claims to learn favoured routes if you take the same alternative one each time but that doesn't seem to be happening so far. It does remember routes that you take at the same time each day; always offers me the route to work when I leave in the morning. Also lets you customise the home screen and includes a take me home button - one touch and you are given the route home. Nearest parking button is also useful if you are in an unfamiliar town and want to find a car park.

The lane view feature works when you are on motorways - doesn't show up when around town and I live in the suburbs of London, not an unchartered small hamlet. Can be useful when coming off a motorway and trying to decide which lane to aim for.

Speed cameras are all mapped and warnings about speed limits in force included. Also covers motorway average speed cameras etc, depending how recently they have gone up and when your last upgrade of maps was.

It comes with one map upgrade included in the price. I set up my account and tried this but with no luck. Checked the on-line help and a few forums with no luck so e-mailed their help desk. Took a week to get an answer but once they were in touch we had a dialogue via e-mail (guess they were USA based) and they kept going until they found the issue and corrected it for me. Hence got the upgrade completed. I think the issue was that I was using an iMac not a Windows PC. If this had worked seamlessly out of the box then I would have awarded it 5 stars. Its been my only issue so far. Completed one software upgrade so far via the iMac as well using the My Garmin site without issue.

I also bought a travel accessories pack at the same time for all the travel charger adaptors and cables and a case. Would have been nice to have the case come as standard for transporting to and from the car. It does come with all the cables and in-car charger that you need to use it in the UK and also the windscreen attachment which has a simple quick release for the unit itself to come out (although I wouldn't advise leaving the cradle stuck to the windscreen in a car park - attracts the wrong sort of opportunist attention !)

It doesn't come with the same level of internet connectivity that some others such as TOM TOM do but I figured that was going to lead to too much interaction when driving and be too much of a distraction. It will find you the nearest Starbucks or McDonalds or hotel or petrol station etc if you ask it.

I didn't buy the model with lifetime map upgrades included. Seems cheaper to buy this model and buy the maps package seperately instead if you really want that. The maps included cover Europe but haven't been out of UK with it yet to check these out. You can purchase others such as Northern USA if you want to take it on vacation with you further afield.

So if you want a reasonably high spec sat nav, that is easy to use with a big screen and don't want to get on-line with it, then this is the one to go for.

Apple iPod touch 32GB - Black - 4th Generation (Launched Sept 2010)
Apple iPod touch 32GB - Black - 4th Generation (Launched Sept 2010)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want iPhone features without getting an iPhone, 18 Mar. 2012
Finally decided to upgrade from my trusty old iPod Nano Gen1. I liked the Nano but this device is a world away in terms of storage space for songs (its primary function for me) and all the other features it comes with. It is basically an iPhone without the phone feature or contract (which I didn't need) and hence its a little slimmer than the iPhone.

You can get all the spec from the Apple web site but with all the available apps and games its like having a mini iPad if you are within range of WiFi.

Set up is easier than previous iPods/iPhones/iPads that our family have owned thanks to iOS5. Out of the box it found my home WiFi and was set up in no time. No need to connect to our computer and iTunes to get it working. Obviously had to sync with iTunes to get all my music etc onto it but that was easy, as is the way with all Apple products and could have been done using iCloud if I was using that already. It has also done a software upgrade over wireless in no time all at which was quicker than other devices I have upgraded when connected to iTunes.

Its camera is probably its one draw back, its not as good as the iPhone 4 camera but I always think if you want to take good pictures then use a digital camera. It has front and rear cameras for taking pictures and using FaceTime to speak to other Apple device users and can capture video as well.

Web browser is just like normal Safari over WiFi and to set up my find my gmail account was just a few clicks on the mail client.

Battery life is better than previous Apple products we have owned. I use it in the car for music quite often and it can give me over 10 hours of music playback between charges no problem; if I use playlists rather than constantly searching for other albums or tracks.

Overall I am very pleased and probably wished I had purchased one sooner. Certainly wouldn't hesitate recommending someone to go for one of these.

Victorinox Accessory - Quick Release Coupling with 2 Rings - Ref. 41835
Victorinox Accessory - Quick Release Coupling with 2 Rings - Ref. 41835

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy quick release, 18 Mar. 2012
Whether its for keys or other accessories that have a key ring type attachment, if you have something you want to take off the main ring this is ideal.
Easy to detach but never seems to come apart accidentally.
I use it to attach a USB stick inside my laptop bag, so I always know where it is but can remove it easily when I need it.

Carrying Hard Case Storage Bag hold Earphone Headphone
Carrying Hard Case Storage Bag hold Earphone Headphone
Offered by guangdayiyg

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping headphones tidy, 18 Mar. 2012
Ideal little case for a set of headphones to keep them in you bag or pocket without getting them tangled up and so that they are easy to find in amongst other items.
One side is hard, the other is soft, zip fastener and ring so that you can attach to key ring etc if you want to.

Garmin Travel Accessory Pack including Carry Case, AC Adapter and USB cable - 5 inch

5.0 out of 5 stars The accessories you would have wanted included with the Nuvi in the first place, 29 Dec. 2011
Almost worth purchasing for the case alone; to keep your Nuvi safe and protected when taking it from the car and carrying it around. Would have been nice if this had come with the Nuvi itself - why wouldn't you need something like this ? Not like its safe to leave a Sat Nav on display in your car when you leave it parked at the shops !

Also included in this kit are all the necessary leads and adaptors you are likely to need, either for charging the unit indoors at home, should you need to, or anywhere else in the world should you take it travelling with you.

Definately a useful addition for any Nuvi owner.

Plantronics Voyager 520 Bluetooth Headset
Plantronics Voyager 520 Bluetooth Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for Money, 2 Jan. 2011
Comfortable fit.
Good sound.
Long battery life.
Comes with desk-top type charger / cradle. (I also purchases a USB charger lead to keep in my bag)

I use this with a bluetooth link to my laptop for Skype/MS Communicator and also to connect to my mobile phone. It is ideal for both applications and can be worn for hours without becoming uncomfortable.

REPLACEMENT BATTERY FOR BLACKBERRY 9000 9700 BOLD M-S1 MS1
REPLACEMENT BATTERY FOR BLACKBERRY 9000 9700 BOLD M-S1 MS1

4.0 out of 5 stars Good spare, 2 Jan. 2011
Genuine BlackBerry spare part c/w logo.
Purchased this as my original battery was starting to lose charge very quickly at times.
This replacement has a lifetime that is more reasonable. The battery is never going to last a long time on the Bold 9000 but this replacement has given me more lifetime back, plus it seems to decay quite linearly on the battery indicator; whereas my old battery would be showing almost full and suddenly nose dive.

Have kept the old battery as an emergency spare in my laptop bag.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4