Profile for E's mummy > Reviews

E's mummy (uk)

Chess Tactics for Kids
Chess Tactics for Kids
by Murray Chandler

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm ... doesn't appear very 'child friendly' inside..., 2 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Chess Tactics for Kids (Hardcover)
Bought as a gift for 12 year old who already enjoys chess, but despite colourful cover, I was quite surprised to find the inside of the book as black and white throughout with diagrams to illustrate moves that I would associate with adults rather than children, but i believe it was enjoyed by recipient nevertheless.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2010 9:56 PM BST

Taff Toys - Smart Mat
Taff Toys - Smart Mat

5.0 out of 5 stars Super purchase, 2 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Taff Toys - Smart Mat (Toy)
I bought this recently as a christmas present for my 6 month old baby son, and I'm very, very pleased with the quality of it. It's bright and colourful and larger than most of the other play mats I've seen; two or three babies could happily play next to each other on it. It comes with a handy carry case - which it does fit back into quite easily - and three toys, all of which my son enjoys playing with. It has a musical bee that sits on a very crinkly cloud, a frog that squeaks when you squash its face (!) and a blue stripy soft ball that rattles when shaken. Additionally, the mat has a bird printed on it that makes a bird call when pushed, a 'fish' that is attached by a short piece of material so that it can be moved up and down in the 'waves' in the corner of the mat, a baby mirror designed as a pond and one or two textured surfaces for baby to explore. All in all, it's exactly what I was looking for, and I anticipate my son enjoying it for many months to come. If I had any suggestions for improvement, it would be to have slightly more padding as it's not quite as thick as I thought it would be; however, it's perfectly adequate for us with out carpet underneath.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Well loved by wearer, 2 Jan. 2010
Bought as a gift for 12 year old relative who adores wearing them - very snuggly and warm and comfortable. Good fit, although the beak on one of the penguin heads looked a little wobbly, easily fixed with a spot of glue!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and looks good, 2 Jan. 2010
Bought these as a Christmas gift for a female relative with cold feet and was very happy with the quality of them. It's not the first purchase I've made from Sock Shop, and I've been happy every time. Very soft and comfortable to wear, so i'm told by said relative.

Dragon Fly Purple Handbag with Heart Charms
Dragon Fly Purple Handbag with Heart Charms

3.0 out of 5 stars As described but rather disappointed with the quality, 2 Jan. 2010
I bought this as a gift for my soon-to-be 13 year old niece for Christmas. Given the price and the fact I bought it for a child, it's an ok bag, but I was a little disappointed by the quality of it. It is not something I would recommend for an adult or for someone who has a true 'eye' for handbags. The charms that are linked to the chain part of the arm strap are cheap plasticy looking, like something you would find in a cheap christmas cracker; the bag itself was rather thin and flimsy. I would have to say that if I had seen this bag in a shop, or had handled it before buying, I would have left it on the shelf. Sorry!