Profile for S. Philpott > Reviews

Content by S. Philpott

S. Philpott (East Sussex)

slow O 06 - Dark Brown Vintage Leather Silver Case Creme Dial Unisex Quartz Watch with Beige Dial Analogue Display and Dark Brown Leather Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars I secretly covert this watch., 14 Oct. 2016
Beautiful, functional and a little bit different. I bought this for my husband as a surprise and he could not have been happier. He enjoys confusing people when they ask the time by showing them his Slow watch, then explaining the concept.
Fabulous quality and great design.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2017 4:57 PM BST

MENS GREEN DUNLOP WELLINGTON BOOTS WELLIES WIDE CALF UK8
MENS GREEN DUNLOP WELLINGTON BOOTS WELLIES WIDE CALF UK8
Offered by grabbanicepairltd

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband is happy at last!, 9 Oct. 2013
These wide topped wellies are just what my husband needed. He has room to tuck in his jeans and does not feel like his circulation has been cut off. Great wellies, great price.

Sew Serendipity Bags: Fabulous Bags to Make and Love
Sew Serendipity Bags: Fabulous Bags to Make and Love
by Kay Whitt

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 9 Oct. 2013
Having only ever made cushions and quilts I was eager to 'enter the world of bag-making'. This book does not disappoint. I had no experience of making bags before and this was like having a teacher beside me, leading me through each part of the process. I have made two of the bags and they were a great success. The next one for me is the bag on the front cover, which I think looks wonderful - the Ruffle Hobo Bag. Apart from the clear instructions for making each bag, there are sections on essential techniques which are really useful. Full size patterns are stored in a sturdy envelope in the back of the book.

Murder on the Home Front: A True Story of Morgues, Murderers and Mysteries in the Blitz
by Molly Lefebure

4.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric, 9 Oct. 2013
My favourite murder book ever is by Prof Keith Simpson, so it was with great excitement I opened this book by his secretary. It is well written and conjurs up the grey period during war time. She vividly describes the many characters and sad/depressing circumstances in which she is introduced to many of them.

Mollie Makes Christmas: Living and Loving a Handmade Christmas
Mollie Makes Christmas: Living and Loving a Handmade Christmas
by Mollie Makes

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 9 Oct. 2013
Not at all impressed with this book. There is nothing here that can't be found in hundreds of other places and what is in the book does not float my boat. I was so looking forward to reading this and am left a bit deflated. This one is going straight to the charity shop. I am not sure what level of expertise this is meant for, but it doesn't entice me to make any of the projects shown.

The Belle & Boo Book of Craft: 25 Enchanting Projects to Make for Children
The Belle & Boo Book of Craft: 25 Enchanting Projects to Make for Children
by Belle & Boo

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite., 9 Oct. 2013
There are some fantastic projects in this book, and I have already completed a couple, but some of them are so difficult/time consuming, I would need to have started 6 months ago to get something made for my grandson. Perhaps I am just not up to it, but I know I won't make the larger pieces. The photographs are really lovely and having gone on to look up the Belle & Boo website and found the fabulous fabrics which are used in this book, I am tempted to buy the fabric - although it is pricey. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys crafting handmade items as there is a good range of things to do.

The Hand-Stitched Home: Projects and Inspiration for Creating Embroidered Textiles for the Home
by Caroline Zoob

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty projects, 9 Oct. 2013
I think this is a lovely book for someone who is only interested in embroidery. My fault, but I had assumed there may be more projects than just hand embroidery, so I will not get as much from this book as I had hoped. However, for anyone who loves hand embroidery, this is a must.

Clover Mini Iron
Clover Mini Iron

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Clover Mini Iron (Kitchen & Home)
For small jobs such as patchwork, bag making etc., this is an ideal tool to have. You really need to search around for the best price though, I bought mine for £29.99 but have seen the same item for as much as £45.