Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for Neil Boyd > Reviews

Content by Neil Boyd

Neil Boyd (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Rasoi a mano libera
Rasoi a mano libera
Offered by BeautyAndHair

2.0 out of 5 stars Got The Piccolo Not The Grande, 30 Dec. 2016
It would be nice to be writing about the FaTip Grande but I cannot because I got the FaTip Piccolo. The Piccolo is not a bad safety razor but it is not the Grande so I am disappointed.

Herakles PLUS SS 316L 0.2ohm sub tank COILS (5pcs) by Sense VAPE Ecig
Herakles PLUS SS 316L 0.2ohm sub tank COILS (5pcs) by Sense VAPE Ecig
Offered by The Vape Society

5.0 out of 5 stars The White Box Of Coils, 11 Sept. 2016
With photo on this listing, at the time of my purchase, showing two different types of coils, I was a little confused as to which one I would be getting. This is to confirm that I got the white box of five, stainless steel 316L, 35-80W coils which is what I was wanting. They come up as 0.23 Ohms on my Cuboid. The coils I received validated as authentic on the Sense website.

Adler Typewriter Ribbon Group 1 Ds 13 / 10 Black
Adler Typewriter Ribbon Group 1 Ds 13 / 10 Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Black, Well Inked, 18 Aug. 2016
I bought this for a 1960s Adler Special desk typewriter. The ribbon fits with no problems. The ink is dark black. The ribbon is well inked and initially care needs to be taken when handling the paper of freshly typed paper not to smudge the print. I expect this will calm down a bit once I've put a few pages through it.

The ribbon also fits my AEG Olympia Traveller de Luxe S portable typewriter.

The original ribbons for both of my typewriters had the number DIN 32755 on them. The housing on this ribbon has no markings but does fit them both.

INK E-SALE Compatible Toner Catridage Replacement for Samsung Samsung MLT-D101S for Samsung ML-2160 ML-2165W ML-2168 SCX-3400 SCX-3400FW SCX-3400F SCX-3405 SCX-3405FW SCX-3405W SCX-3405F SF-760 SF-760P ML-2161 ML-2162 ML-2164W ML-2165 ML-2167 - Black, 1 Pack / 1,500 Pages
Offered by Tianxing

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine With Samsung SCX-3405W Printer, 18 Aug. 2016
I bought this as a replacement for my Samsung SCX-3405W laser printer. There is a slightly different design to the removing handle of this toner housing from the original Samsung cartridge but I think that this compatible's handle is an improvement. It is easier to hold. The toner cartridge fits my printer without problem. I see no difference with the output on plain paper between this toner and the Samsung original. This toner is recognised as 100% full by the printer. I am delighted to have found this significantly more affordable and fully compatible toner.

Sense Herakles Plus / V2 Coils - 316L 0.2ohm 35-80W (pack 5)
Sense Herakles Plus / V2 Coils - 316L 0.2ohm 35-80W (pack 5)
Offered by eJuicey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Coils for an Excellent Tank, 19 May 2016
I like the Herakles Plus tank very much and I prefer these 0.2 Ohm stainless steel coils. I received the 316L 35 to 80W coils as expected and the pack validated as authentic on the Sense website.

These Herakles Plus coils are shorter than the original version 1 Heracles tank coils. I mistakenly bought the version 1 coils but they do not fit Herakles Plus tank. Version 1 coils are too long for the Heracles Plus tank.

LATEST Authentic SENSE HERAKLES Sub ohm Coill 0.2 ohm (5 PCS)
LATEST Authentic SENSE HERAKLES Sub ohm Coill 0.2 ohm (5 PCS)
Offered by STYLEX PARTY LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the Herakles Plus Tank, 19 May 2016
These coils are longer than the coils used in the Herakles Plus and do not fit the Heracles Plus tank. I didn't realise that there was a difference and so bought the wrong ones. The coils I received were the 0.2 Ohm 30-75W that I was expecting.

PrimaValue PLA Filament - 1.75mm - 1 kg spool - Black
PrimaValue PLA Filament - 1.75mm - 1 kg spool - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Learning With, 19 May 2016
I am new to 3D printing and this is the first spool of filament that I have bought. I found that I needed to change the default temperatures that worked with the sample supplied with my printer and I am currently using a hot end temperature to 210°C and the hotbed to 65°C on my Wanhao i3 printer.

Initially I found that the filament would crackle when printing but this has got less frequent as I have gone down the spool. I have had no issues with the filament itself. For my purpose of learning about 3D printing this filament is perfect.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2016 9:15 AM GMT

Wanhao i3 V2 Duplicator 3D-Printer
Wanhao i3 V2 Duplicator 3D-Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Way to Start 3D Printing, 19 May 2016
This is my first 3D printer. I had it printing within an hour of taking it out of the box and that was because I had to make space to place the printer. The printer comes in three parts all of which are joined by cables so care needs to be taken when unboxing the machine. Two of the parts need to be bolted together. There is also a filament spool holder that needs to be bolted to the printer. The printer comes with a sample of PLA filament that is more than enough to print the sample GCODE file that comes on the supplied microSD card. I would recommend buying a spool of PLA filament at the same time as the printer because the supplied sample will only print two or three small items. There is no need to buy any blue painters tape as the print bed already has a surface design to print on.

The version of the Wanhao i3 printer I got at the beginning of May 2016 is the i3 version 2.0. There has very recently been released an updated version of this printer which is the version 2.1. The nice thing about these open source printers is that the user of a version 2.0 machine can do the same modifications to upgrade to the equivalent of a version 2.1 machine. The majority of the changes are very subtle such as rounded corners on the print bed and the butterfly screws used to adjust the print bed have been replaced by circular nuts. The Thingiverse website has a lot of modifications freely available that can be downloaded then printed by the Wanhao i3 printer to upgrade the machine such as the wheel nuts for the print bed. These are not essential but slight improvements. One thing about doing modifications to the machine is that by doing them you learn more about it.

The supplied microSD card also contains a Windows version of Cura software which is used to convert 3D STL files into the GCODE needed by the printer to print the objects. The Wanhao website also has a free OSX version of the software.

There are many videos on YouTube showing how to modify and set up the Wanhao i3 Duplicator. There is also a very good Google Groups site with lots of help and information. One thing about 3D printing is that time needs to be given to learn how to get the best out of the machine and how to adjust it to get the best quality prints.

I am very pleased to have purchased this printer. At times it can be very frustrating trying to get the settings in Cura right to print an object but it is also very rewarding when the print comes out how you want it. I do feel that you need to be willing to learn and willing to keep trying to get the best out of this machine. In that, it can be very greedy of time. It is not like sending a file to an modern paper printer where you click the button then pick up the print out. With a 3D printer you need to learn how to adjust the machine and the software settings to get a successful output. That said it's amazing what such an inexpensive printer can produce. If you're wanting to get into the world of 3D printing, this is excellent machine to get started with.

Smok Micro CLP2 Clapton Coils 0.3ohm from eJuicey
Smok Micro CLP2 Clapton Coils 0.3ohm from eJuicey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Flavour and Clouds, 12 May 2016
I'm using these coils with the Micro TFV4 tank that came with Micro One Starter Kit. I get much better flavour from these 0.3 Ohm Clapton coils than the 0.25 Ohm stainless steel coils. The pack of five coils that I received, sold by DC Vapes, validated as authentic on the Smoktech site.

Euro 2016 France Sticker Blisterpack mit 16 Tüten
Euro 2016 France Sticker Blisterpack mit 16 Tüten

3.0 out of 5 stars Not The Best Value, 20 April 2016
This German packet of Euro 2016 stickers contains the exact same stickers as in UK packs with a very similar spread selection of player stickers. I bought two of the blister packs. Each blister pack contains 16 packets for a total of 80 stickers per blister pack. The breakdown of stickers that I got are from pack one: 1 logo sticker, 5 shiny stickers, 3 action stickers, 15 two-player stickers and 56 player portrait stickers. The second blister pack contained 2 logo stickers, 1 shiny sticker, 3 action stickers, 14 two-player stickers and 60 player portrait stickers. This was a particularly disappointing pack with having only one shiny sticker out of 80 stickers. I would normally expect to get at least two shinies out of such a pack.

I wondered whether these German packs would give a different variation of stickers from the UK packs but found that this is not the case, both are very similar.

Given the current pricing I feel that the 15 packet UK tins, which include a metal storage tin and cost less than the face value of the sticker packet content, are a much better value than these German blister packs which offer no discount over the price of stickers packets bought individually.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6