Profile for Mazzypie > Reviews

Now That's What I Call Music! 85
Now That's What I Call Music! 85
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheerful pop., 23 Mar. 2014
Love this. A good mix of sing a long pop for the car.It reminds me of last years summer break in Cornwall.

The Princess' Blankets
The Princess' Blankets
by Carol Ann Duffy

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark Fairytale, 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Princess' Blankets (Paperback)
I bought this as a text for work with 10 - 11 year olds and it's been amazing. It's a really dark, sinister and unusual fairy tale which was thought provoking and gave us lots to discuss and think about. The children's' work reflected their engagement with this story.
Fully recommended.

Brat Farrar
Brat Farrar
by Josephine Tey

5.0 out of 5 stars All time favourite., 27 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Brat Farrar (Paperback)
I have read and reread this book many times over the years and I still love it. I think the way Tey ratches up the tension is superb. Of course we know who did the dirty deed - but the sinister way that the characters circle around each other is very menacing. This would definitely be my desert island book.

Lady of Hay
Lady of Hay
by Barbara Erskine

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 27 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Lady of Hay (Paperback)
I really couldn't put this book down and I think it must rate as one of my all time favourite reads.Some of the characters from the present are a bit irritating but I like to think that their behaviour is governed by their counterparts from the past and I must admit to warming to them as the plot developed.I got swept along with the whole drama and didn't want the story to end because I wanted to keep on reading. Thoroughly recommended.