Profile for Maz1 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
And the Mountains Echoed
And the Mountains Echoed

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 8 Sept. 2013
If you have enjoyed the author's previous titles, don't miss this one!
Like most stories happening in Afghanistan, human tragedy is interwoven among the pages- and of course, resilience and survival.
He tells the story intricately and beautifully. His writing style is fluent and poetic at the same time.
Khaled Hosseini's extra-ordinary ability to portray believable characters is remarkable.
The story happens in Afghanistan and follows people, history, and human relationships from early 20th century up to today.
I'll be looking forward to his next book.

Cast No Stones
Cast No Stones

3.0 out of 5 stars A tale of perseverane, 14 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Cast No Stones (Kindle Edition)
This is an unusual life story, absolutely worth telling. I remained interested throughout and wanted to know more, as it advanced. The writing style was not to my liking and that slowed me down. I sometimes skipped a paragraph or two as it became repetative or went on too much without adding anything new. Do read it if you like real life stories.

Prisoner of Tehran: One Woman's Story of Survival Inside a Torture Jail
Prisoner of Tehran: One Woman's Story of Survival Inside a Torture Jail

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 14 Mar. 2013
Intriguing life story with many facets. This is the story of an innocent bright young girl with hopes, aspirations and love of life who gets caught in the cruelty of social upheaval and political repression. It is well written. You get to know her and her environment as a child and as a young prisoner through the clear and skilful sketches that she presents. Her ordeals and that of her friends and loved ones, her dilemas and her fears are massive. Her enemy is much bigger and stonger. She has to choose torture and death or a marriage which doesn't feel much better than torture and death. Amazing tale of survival. I would have liked her to tell me more about her parents and also more about her relationship with Ali (her captor whom she was forced to mary). There are some ambiguities. I have listened to some radio interviews with Marina Nemat before reading the book. I felt her responses to questions were more open and clear in terms of how she felt about her captor/husband and how her family treated her ordeal.

Against All Odds: The Most Amazing True Life Story You'll Ever Read
Against All Odds: The Most Amazing True Life Story You'll Ever Read

3.0 out of 5 stars A tale of perseverance, 14 Mar. 2013

Rhodium Plated Diamond Accent Amethyst Heart Shape Pendant Necklace 18"-sn3017
Rhodium Plated Diamond Accent Amethyst Heart Shape Pendant Necklace 18"-sn3017
Offered by Fly Service

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 3 Jan. 2013
I ordered this necklace for a 20 year old niece, as it looked lovely on the website. I would have loved it for myself too but I tought it may look too tiny as I am a large size. It arrived in the time expected. It looked fabulous. I recommend it for older ladies as well as younger ones - would suit slim and large. It looks classy and the depth of the colour is perfect.

Page: 1 | 2