Profile for Dave redhead > Reviews

Just Call Me Daisy: Breastfeeding Mothers' Stories
Just Call Me Daisy: Breastfeeding Mothers' Stories
by Lyndsey Bradley

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book!, 12 Feb. 2010
This is a great book offering hope, inspiration and advise to any mother wanting to breastfeed or who is breastfeeding (or even nostalgia for those that once did!)
It is written by mums (and some dads!) so is completely honest and covers all the highs and lows that breastfeeding brings.

The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night
by Elizabeth Pantley

5.0 out of 5 stars My Lifeline!, 12 Feb. 2010
I purchased this book for my wife, and It is the best purchase I have ever made! I shall hand over to my wife to write the review!

I have co-slept with my toddler from birth, and he has always been breastfed, so the 2 have always gone hand in hand and our arrangement worked well for us. That is until I found myself pregnant with baby number 4, and I realised that my body wouldnt be able to cope with the wriggling toddler next to me and lack of sleep!
I was unsure of how to get my little one into his own bed and weaned off the breast.
I have never been a fan of 'cry it out' sleep solutions, so when a friend recommended this book to me which had been written by a mother of 4 who had breastfed and co-slept with all of her children, It seemed perfect for me.
I read my eagerly awaited copy, and i could have jumped for joy - the book was so relevant to my lifestyle! (I found it doubly good that it gave advice also for bottlefeeding mums and those not co-sleeping - it is the methods in general that work!).
It has always disturbed me that in so called 'parenting' books, I was classed as doing the wrong thing, and creating 'bad sleep associations' by allowing my baby the comfort of nursing to sleep - this book made me feel proud of my parenting choice!
Having read the book, I put a plan into place. Within a week my little boy was going to sleep in his toddler bed, was weaned from the breast, and sleeping through the night (well, he occasionally comes in for a 5am cuddle - but thats fine by me!!).
I would like to stress this isnt an overnight solution - teaching your baby/child a new sleep routine doesnt come overnight if you want them to continue feeling confident and secure. I allowed a month for it to work - and it took 1 week! I feel like I owe so much to Elizabeth Pantley - we have a happy baby, happy ,mummy and happy daddy, and not one shed of a tear by any of us along the way!