Profile for Roger Picton > Reviews

Roger Picton "rtp102"

Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga
Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga

5.0 out of 5 stars good for sleep, 28 July 2016
A combination of the sounds helps me to sleep at night. Has been a useful app

The Time of Our Lives
The Time of Our Lives

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 29 April 2014
Really enjoyed the protagonist she was very lovable. Jane Costello is a fantastic writer and this is another book I'll read again and again!

The Proposal (A Perfect Match Series Book 1)
The Proposal (A Perfect Match Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 1 Feb. 2014
Really enjoyed it. The characters are relatable and there's a good antagonist! Fun and colloquial! I'm going to continue the series

Six Geese a-Laying (Mini Christmas Short Story)
Six Geese a-Laying (Mini Christmas Short Story)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 26 Dec. 2013
I enjoyed the story it was very fitting for Christmas and we've recently had a baby so could identify with the storyline.

Little One : Time to Sleep (Bedtime Picture Books for Children)
Little One : Time to Sleep (Bedtime Picture Books for Children)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 25 Dec. 2013
It was lovely. Nicely illustrated. Cute and life like. I just got this book as a night time story for my baby.

Quantum Leap: The Complete Series 3 [DVD]
Quantum Leap: The Complete Series 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Scott Bakula

5.0 out of 5 stars Here's where it get's (even more) interesting!!, 2 Feb. 2006
I'm a big fan of the first two seasons, but in my opinion season 3 is where the pace of Quantum leap starts to change and gain momentum. Not only do we get to see a stronger relationship between Sam and Al, but (carrying on from the last episode of season 2 where we meet Al's first wife) we get leaps that tell parts of a fuller story; like "the leap home", "Boogieman", "future boy" and of course - the season finale. We also see Al play a bigger role in some leaps than just a "guide" and this just increases the excitement of the story.
After watching this its left me with a great desire for season 4 to come out ASAP so as to learn more about the Quantum Leap universe. Unfortunately I have a feeling we will be waiting for a long time for it yet!
As already mentioned here, there are few more instances of "incorrect" leap out-in at the end of just a few of these 22 episodes. I have been told that this occurs where there was no footage of the next episode, and so a selection of stock sequences were used to fill the gap. It’s a shame that Universal couldn’t throw some together or just use the intro from the next episode in its complete form. However, this would have had repercussions amongst fans looking for authenticity. It's true that you can't please everyone!
A great DVD boxset – and a much more user friendly method of DVD storage!

Quantum Leap: The Complete Series 2 [DVD]
Quantum Leap: The Complete Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Scott Bakula

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Stuff - But some goofs, 16 Nov. 2005
More great quantum leap episodes. However, I'm over halfway through watching the DVDs, and there are at least 2 leap-in mistakes. Infact, on two of these episodes ("The Americanization of Machiko" and "All Americans") the cliffhanger is Sam leaping into the first season episode "Color of Truth". I would have given it five stars, but this is really bugging me as it messes up the continuity of the story. I really hope that there are no more instances of Sam leaping into this guy again...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2008 7:45 PM GMT