Profile for Sarah > Reviews

Sarah

Savic Mickey 2xl Navy Blue Mice And Dwarf Hamster Cage 80 X 50 X 38 Cm
Savic Mickey 2xl Navy Blue Mice And Dwarf Hamster Cage 80 X 50 X 38 Cm

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect cage for small rodents., 29 Nov. 2012
I have Two of these, I bought them after spending a long time deciding which to get and comparing it to other cages. I would now never consider buying any other. It's excellent because:

* It's size is perfect, there's lots of space. Anything smaller would feel cruel.

* The bar spacing, which is 7mm exactly; my little finger can't fit through. Mice and dwarf hamsters could never escape from this.

* Good quality: the bars don't bend easily, the cage top fastens to the base securely and even though the carry handles look flimsy when you take them out of the box they really aren't once they're attached to the cage.

* A MAJOR selling point for me was the massive door which swings downwards. I can literally fit my head though it. It allows easy access to move toys around, to handle or check on my mice quickly and easily. There's nothing worse than tiny restrictive square doors. I'd hate anything smaller than the one on this cage.

* The base is nice and deep which means substrate can't be kicked out.

I honestly can't fault the cage itself. Disadvantages are minor such as:

* The wheel is noisy but I didn't but the cage for the 'extras'. I just wish it was available to buy cheaper without any of it included.

* The shelf should be removed because walking on the bars could cause an infection called bumblefoot. It could be covered over, replaced with a plastic one, or you could just remove it because it's rather large and difficult to get under anyway.

* The nice deep base means that wheels need to be floor-standing; when it's clipped through the bars it's quite high up.

Items I recommend buyers purchase separately are:

* Silent Spinner wheel.