Profile for Mrs. Wine o'clock > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Wine o'clock

Mrs. Wine o'clock "Nana Anne" (Grimsby, Lincs, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3

Great Purchase - still going well

De'Longhi Metropolis CTM4023 4-Slice Toaster
De'Longhi Metropolis CTM4023 4-Slice Toaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Sept. 2015
Great purchase - still going strong

Greek Walls: An Odyssey in Corfu
Greek Walls: An Odyssey in Corfu
by John Waller

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Sept. 2015
I cannot get enough of Greek reads and this one is excellent

The Boy in the Boat: A Memoir
The Boy in the Boat: A Memoir

5.0 out of 5 stars Being a Grimsby girl I loved this book, 2 Sept. 2015
Being a Grimsby girl I loved this book, took me back to my childhood as my father was a Grimsby Trawler Skipper.

Captain's French Adventures: The Laughter and Lighter Side of French House Hunting, Purchase and Renovation
by Steven G King

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great adventure!, 9 Dec. 2014
I was given a copy of this to Beta read. I enjoyed every sentence in it. It seems to be written as if Steven is sat talking to you over a cup of tea. I find it difficult to believe he is dyslexic as it is written from the heart. simply but delightfully. The drawings and cartoons are an added bonus and I would have gladly paid to read it.
I enjoyed reading about Hymer as I too have a motorhome and will be travelling through France in March 2015. I loved every word of it and am sure our Motorhome friends will love it especially the ones who know France quite well. I think there will be an awful lot of copies of it in Xmas stockings this year. I do hope I get to visit ‘Kingsmill’ one day and see it with my own eyes. Remy’s campsite sounds delightful – I can just picture our ‘Mercy’ Motorhome staying there.
Thank you so much for allowing me the honour of being one of the first people to read your book. I wish you all the luck in the world with it, you certainly deserve it.

I Think I'm OK
I Think I'm OK

5.0 out of 5 stars He is OK now!, 27 Oct. 2014
This review is from: I Think I'm OK (Kindle Edition)
This book is so many things all at the same time. Heartbreaking, honest, witty, sad and enlightening.
How the hec have I got to be 67 years old and not realised this sort of thing went on, apart from in Catherine Cookson books. It has certainly opened my eyes.I am so grateful that nothing like this has occurred in my family, or has it? I will never know.
I noticed another reviewer mentioned that it should be compulsive reading for the Social Services, I agree if it would make a difference to one little person's life it would be worth it.
You are a very brave man Chris to open your heart like this - I do hope it has helped you to come to terms with your life. I am so pleased you have turned out OK in the end.

Dog Days In The Fortunate Islands: A new life in hidden Tenerife
Dog Days In The Fortunate Islands: A new life in hidden Tenerife

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fortunate Islands, 10 Sept. 2014
The Fortunate Islands are indeed fortunate to have John living, loving and writing there. His love for most things Spanish comes across very well. I love his style of writing, he made me giggle a few times with his very eloquent turns of phrase. I loved this book, for me it ticked all my boxes, retirement, dogs, a happy loving couple, food, travel and just generally enjoying their life. We have so many things in common - TA, bar management, engineering, purchasing in Spain (Mainland for us), retirement, loving food and wine. I also love Tenerife, have been many times and recognise all the 'touristy' places mentioned. I particularly loved the North of the Island which is noticeably much greener than the South. In fact we did consider buying in Tenerife but Mainland Spain won because it was quicker and easier to get to for long weekends away from work. I would recommend everyone to read this book and maybe go and try some of John's favourite restaurants off the tourist route. I know next time I go to Tenerife I will have a copy of Dog Days in the Fortunate Islands on my Kindle, so I can look up a few of the eateries mentioned. I do hope you are writing another memoir John, and many thanks for this one.

Journey To A Dream: A voyage of discovery from England's industrial north to Spain's rural interior (The Journey Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars An idyllic lifestyle., 10 Aug. 2014
Well done Craig on attaining your dream. We all have dreams I so envy you as you seem to have attained an idyllic lifestyle.
This was a well written book with fantastic descriptions of places, situations and characters. I had a very clear picture in my head of your predicaments - maybe because I have experienced similar situations myself.
I would recommend this book to everyone, not only for people starting out on a similar journey, but as a really good well written read. I am planning to visit this area in my Campervan soon.

Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca?
Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca?

5.0 out of 5 stars They followed their dream...., 30 July 2014
I loved reading this heartwarming book. I so admire Alan and Lorna for taking the plunge and completely changing their lives upside down by moving to Spain. I admire anyone who follows their dream. From the moment the decision was made, to the end of the book, I felt that I was there with them reliving all their trials and tribulations. Not having any knowledge of Alpacas, I don't think I have even seen one, I was intrigued to find out more, and the more I found out the more I realised that it was not all plain sailing. They sound adorable with all their quirky ways and the fascinating way to find out if they are pregnant made me giggle. Sorry Alan, I am sure that was awful for you. The way the different animals narrated their input into the book is very clever, I really empathize with them. I must go now - to buy the sequel - to find out what happens next.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3