Profile for NB > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Alice [DVD]
Alice [DVD]
Dvd ~ Catarina Scorsone

5.0 out of 5 stars I have a love for all things fairy tale or similar, 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Alice [DVD] (DVD)
Despite being in my twenties, I have a love for all things fairy tale or similar. I have to confess what drew me to this film was the Mad Hatter (played by the adorable Andrew Lee Potts) and it quickly became a favourite. I enjoy watching re-imaging of the classics and spotting the nods this more modernised and quirky version gives to the book it first came from. A talented cast and a clever film. Would definitely recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2014 2:14 AM GMT

Secret Voyage
Secret Voyage

5.0 out of 5 stars ... a new artist and are swept up in their amazing music. I'm so glad I discovered Blackmore's night, 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Secret Voyage (MP3 Download)
Every now and then you stumble upon a new artist and are swept up in their amazing music. I'm so glad I discovered Blackmore's night. The best description I can come up with for them is 'folky rock' - songs that you could imagine being sung in some inn or round a campfire, yet with a great blend of instruments. My favourites were 'God save the keg', 'Locked within the Crystal Ball', 'A Toast to Tomorrow', 'The Circle', and 'The Peasant's Promise.' With the exception of the first (which I could visualise walking down the aisle to ;) ), these songs are lively, powerful ones that are guaranteed to get you dancing.
A great album for a very cheap price.

Elleclub- Vampire Diaries Elena Antique Silver Locket Pendant Necklace prop replica Unique Jewellery-UK SELLER
Offered by Superyoung

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, fast postage, 30 Jan. 2014
I was really impressed by how quickly this was posted. They were predicting 4th-24th of February and it arrived on the 29th of January!
The necklace itself is so pretty, even if you don't watch the Vampire Diaries. I'm trying to decide what to put inside it! The only reason it doesn't get five stars is that it's a bit too large for my liking - I personally prefer more subtle jewellery. Obviously I'll still wear it though!

Confessions of a Raging Perfectionist: Learning to Be Free
Confessions of a Raging Perfectionist: Learning to Be Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Great challenging book, 3 Sept. 2013
Amanda writes in a very honest, humble way about her struggles with being a perfectionist. She constantly refers to the bible and I felt challenged to reevaluate areas of my life.

Excelsius
Excelsius

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Excelsius (MP3 Download)
This is one of the first albums I remember buying where I liked every song on there. Where I pressed skip. There's such a range of incredible music on here. One moment you can have an adrenaline-pumping, powerful piece with choirs, the next soothing pianos or violins. Speaking of which, my favourite track has to be 'Onward to Elysius'. What beauty. Buy it. I haven't regretted it.

Lily's Theme
Lily's Theme

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting, 30 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Lily's Theme (MP3 Download)
The moment I watched the beginning of Harry Potter part 2 and I heard this theme in the opening scene, I knew I had to buy it. What drew me was the hauntingly beautiful vocals used at the beginning of this track. Would definitely recommend.

My Love [Piano Solo] (as made famous by Sia)
My Love [Piano Solo] (as made famous by Sia)

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing piano music, 30 Jan. 2013
I've never actually listened to Sia's version but I find this piece of music absolutely beautiful. It certainly (as the title suggests) makes you think of your loved ones.

Jane Seymour's Theme (Composer's Sketch)
Jane Seymour's Theme (Composer's Sketch)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 15 Jan. 2013
A beautiful piano piece, but not as stunning as the track 'A Howling Wilderness/The Death of Jane Seymour', in my opinion.

SkyWorld
SkyWorld

4.0 out of 5 stars Different, but not bad., 15 Jan. 2013
This review is from: SkyWorld (MP3 Download)
Two Steps From Hell have been quite experimental in this album. The first track, for example, features dubstep near the end and some songs contain vocals, something I've never seen used in this company before. However, I personally don't believe these changes detract from the quality of the album. It still retains its exciting, adrenaline-rising, music. Some of my favourite tracks have to be 'Skyworld', 'Winterspell' and particularly 'Sun and Moon.'
Some may not like the differences, but I'd go for it, just because it's Two Steps From Hell.

A Howling Wilderness / The Death Of Jane Seymour
A Howling Wilderness / The Death Of Jane Seymour

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, 8 Nov. 2012
What a beautiful piece of music - incredible use of violins and choir voices. Even if you don't want to buy the whole album, get this track. I just want to keep listening to it again and again. Make sure you watch the actual scene of Jane's death from the Tudors. It makes the track even more moving.

Thoroughly recommend