Profile for Mr. Jason Eden > Reviews

Content by Mr. Jason Eden

Mr. Jason Eden (London, UK)

A Christmas Tale [DVD] [2008]
A Christmas Tale [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Catherine Deneuve
Offered by Helen's Goodies

5.0 out of 5 stars a lovely film - and not just for christmas !, 1 Feb. 2014
No one really knows why the family are being brought together at Christmas but you do find out eventually - as does the family - but its not before the usually family tenses and strains, like and dislikes are examined comedically and beautifully. Another typically enjoyable French film that would never work in Hollywood......fab soundtrack - it's just perfect for the circling chaos.

Conversations With My Gardener [DVD] [2007]
Conversations With My Gardener [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Daniel Auteuil

5.0 out of 5 stars Hollywood doesn't make films like this, 1 Feb. 2014
You can always rely on the French to make a wonderful observation of friendship and of the differences between city and village life and turn it into a story that develops slowly and wonderfully. Small comic moments bring a smile and a chuckle throughout the film. I don't want to say more because you just need to see the film and to enjoy it. Perfect for a rainy afternoon snuggled on the sofa.

Raconte-moi...
Raconte-moi...

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful & exquisite, 19 May 2010
This review is from: Raconte-moi... (Audio CD)
This album is to be treasured. Every song is beautifully sung and exquisitely arranged musically. I love it and have some personal favourites. Some of these songs were written especially for Stacey whilst others are a mix of classics from both the American song book as well as French pop. Thank you for this album - it has pride of place in my CD collection.

The Lyric
The Lyric

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - something for everyone, 1 July 2006
This review is from: The Lyric (Audio CD)
This is one of my favourite CDs and everytime I listen to it I fall in love with a different track. Jim Tomlinson and Stacey Kent never fail to please and the choice of title "The Lyric" is a useful way to describe Jim's brilliant sax playing. Stacey's timing and pace remain impeccable.

Corcovado has never sounded so beautiful - the perfect track to listen to when lounging on your sofa very late on a summers night with a cooling breeze coming through your windows.

If you don't get a lump in your throat when Stacey sings "What are you doing the rest of your life" then....you need to listen to it again.

For more upbeat, singalong tracks, go for "Cockeyed Optimist" and "My heart belongs to Daddy".

Listen to this album and enjoy this album.....and then go and see Stacey and Jim perform live and you'll know why they sell out!

Love Is...The Tender Trap
Love Is...The Tender Trap

5.0 out of 5 stars The most played CD in my collection, 7 Oct. 2005
The title track gets this CD off to a fabulously cheerful start and really makes you smile and want to dance. Sadly for my neighbours it makes me want to sing along (sorry !) but I can listen to this CD over and over again and each song still sounds fresh and new and exciting.
Track 6 is my all time favourite track of Stacey's - East of the Sun. I request this whenever I get the chance to hear Stacey perform live and it never fails to give me goosebumps and puts a smile on my face.
If you have never heard Stacey Kent sing before, then this is a good first album to get.
I LOVE this album !

Inspired
Inspired

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, Excellent, Wonderful......., 14 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Inspired (Audio CD)
This is the first CD I have purchased of Dave Newton and his trio. I often get to see and hear Dave play when he's with Stacey Kent on tour. He never fails to please on those occasions and now I have this great CD I shall be able to hear Dave play whenever I want.
You know you really are enjoying listening to a pianist of Dave's calibre play when you're at home pretending to play the piano along with it.
The choice of music for the CD is a great mix. For me, this CD will be played whilst whizzing down the tracks on a train, whilst waiting to be called to the gate in an airport, whilst relaxing at home after a day in the office and to cheer up me and my friends who have come round for supper. Its got something for everyone. I can't say much more because I want to go and listen to it again.
Listening to Dave makes me realise that I was foolish to give up learning to play the piano when I was 14 - but please don't tell my parents this as they will just say "told you so".
You won't be disappointed by this CD and as Dave says on his website, it would indeed make the perfect christmas present. So thanks Dave - I've got Christmas sorted!