Profile for Caroline Woods > Reviews

Content by Caroline Woods

Caroline Woods

Page: 1 | 2
Connect Zone® PU Leather Case Cover with Universal 10 inch 360° Rotating for Various Design Stand Folio Fits All Android Tablets Devices - Rotating Red
Offered by Connect Zone®

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality for the price of it, 22 Jan. 2017
Very good quality for the price of it. One point I would make is you have to remove tablet from case to use camera.

The Robe [DVD] [1953]
The Robe [DVD] [1953]
Dvd ~ Richard Burton

5.0 out of 5 stars The Robe )DVD), 7 May 2013
This review is from: The Robe [DVD] [1953] (DVD)
I chose this rating because the film was absolutely brilliant. With such big stars as Richard Burton, Jean Simmons and Victor Mature this film could not lose. I saw this film as a child and it fasinated me then and still does today. It has a heart and a soul with a wonderful story line of conversion. A contrived story but very interesting and catches your interest and it was very well produced. Would recommend others to buy this film.

The Greatest Story Ever Told [DVD] [1965]
The Greatest Story Ever Told [DVD] [1965]
Dvd ~ Max von Sydow

3.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Story Ever Told (DVD), 7 May 2013
I chose this rating probably because producing films has moved on very much and this really seemed dated. Remember seeing this film as a teenager and thought it was fantastic, that is reason I purchased it, but it is not quite how I remembered it. Actors were good but film was not the greatest. Would not recommend it.

The Bible - Joseph [DVD]
The Bible - Joseph [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Kingsley

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bible - Joseph (DVD), 7 May 2013
This review is from: The Bible - Joseph [DVD] (DVD)
I chose this rating because the film and acting was superb, Ben Kingsley is a terrific actor, as were all the actors. Remained true to the bible, although a little back to front but worked in really well detailing Joseph's background. Well done to the Director. I would recommend this to others.

The Story Of Ruth [DVD]
The Story Of Ruth [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stuart Whitman

3.0 out of 5 stars The Story of Ruth (DVD), 7 May 2013
This review is from: The Story Of Ruth [DVD] (DVD)
Again, I chose this rating because, to me, the film was just ok. Most of it was far removed from the Story of Ruth in the Bible. The acting was very good by some but not by others. Just too far fetched, although the basics were there but not much use to someone who knows the bible. For those who don't know the bible it would give them a false impression of Ruth, Elana Eden being a superb actress. Not much more I can say. Don't think I would recommend this to anyone.

Barabbas [DVD] [2002]
Barabbas [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Anthony Quinn

3.0 out of 5 stars Barabbas (DVD), 7 May 2013
This review is from: Barabbas [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
I chose this rating because the film was ok. Too much like an action movie to me and did not float my boat. The acting was superb and that is all I can really say about it, not my cup of tea. Not sure if I would recommend this to anyone I know.

The Bible - Abraham [1994] [DVD]
The Bible - Abraham [1994] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Harris
Offered by Home Entertainment Online

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bible - Abraham (DVD), 7 May 2013
I have chosen this rating beause this film was involving. One could put yourself into this film and see which character you would be in it. Richard Harris' acting was superb, as always, and the, though all not widely known, were very good actors.
I liked everything about the movie, it was true to the bible, ok it wandered a little, but all in all true to Abraham's calling and his answer to the Lord. Very worthwhile watching, will recommend this to friends but don't know if many would buy it. You really have to be interested in these kind of films to purchase them. It opened up the story of Abraham to me, in film you visualise more (well I do) and it opens up your understanding. I understand more by seeing than by reading. You see the whole picture in film. A great DVD.

Demetrius And The Gladiators [DVD]
Demetrius And The Gladiators [DVD]
Dvd ~ Victor Mature
Offered by westworld-

3.0 out of 5 stars Demetrius and the Gladiators (DVD), 7 May 2013
I chose this rating because, to me, it was all a bit far fetched. The acting was good and true to that era but the story line was, as I have stated, a bit far fetched for me. Was more of an action movie than anything else. Not too sure that I would recommend it to anyone.

The Bible - Moses [1995] [DVD]
The Bible - Moses [1995] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Kingsley

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bible - Moses (DVD), 7 May 2013
I chose this rating because it remained very true to the bible and the acting was superb, although some of those who played Egyptians were a bit wooden. You just waited for the doubting Thomas to start on Moses when things did not quite go his way. It is wonderful witnessing the faith of Moses and those who stood by him and believed in God's promise, even though they wondered through the desert for 40 years. Altogether thoroughly recommendable to all.

The Bible - Jacob [1995] [DVD]
The Bible - Jacob [1995] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Modine

4.0 out of 5 stars The Bible - Jacob (DVD), 7 May 2013
I chose this rating because although the film was well portrayed, as is usual with films, the director used a lot of artistic licence. Overall I enjoyed the DVD, the acting was good but not spectacular. Would say it is useful to people who are just starting to read and understand the bible and how God uses us to do his will, for this purpose it is very useful. Would suggest it to others.

Page: 1 | 2