Profile for Hayley > Reviews

Content by Hayley

Hayley

Cure Your Emetophobia & Thrive: The Research-backed Self-help Programme to Overcome Your Fear of Being Sick
by Rob Kelly
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrive - my new way of life!, 27 Nov. 2013
I brought this book a few months ago and attended Thrive sessions with a local Thrive consultant and I have got to say it has been the best decision I have ever made!
A bit about me: I gave myself this fear of being sick at about 4 or 5 and struggled with it up until I was 24, it rulled every single thought that i had throughout every day. I couldn't fly, travel on boats, be around kids, have kids myself, drink alcohol, the list is endless. I had severe anxiety which made me feel sick almost every day, i limited eating and struggled with sleeping. But with Thrive i was given the skills to overcome these and was taught how to manage my thoughts.
When i first read about this i was very sceptical, i definitely didn't believe a self help therapy would ever help me,i honestly thought i was going to be stuck with this fear and that i would just have to put up with it.
I would recommend this book to anyone with Emetophobia whether it is mild or severe, i would also recommend in finding a local Thrive consultant in your area to go through this book with you, i know it may seem expensive at the time but it will be the best money you have ever spent!
If you make Thrive your bible and practice it everyday, it will give you the freedom to live your life how ever you want and do all the things you thought you couldn't - just like me :).
The book is easy to read and talks you through everything step by step and also has some light humour which kept me smiling! It also has articles and the evidence to back all his claims.
Please please give this book a try you won't be dissapointed.
Rob Kelly - Thank You for writing this book, what a life saver!