Profile for D. Feeney > Reviews

Content by D. Feeney

D. Feeney "Whirly" (Leeds, UK)

Judge Dredd The Complete Case Files 01
Judge Dredd The Complete Case Files 01

2.0 out of 5 stars Ruined by poor kindle presentation, 16 Jun. 2014
I'm giving this a straight 2. This represents the terrible presentation on Kindle. The physical book would warrant a 5.

Judge Dredd The Complete Case Files 02
Judge Dredd The Complete Case Files 02

2.0 out of 5 stars Ruined by poor Kindle presentation, 16 Jun. 2014
I'm giving this a straight 2. This represents the terible presentation on Kindle. The physical book woud warrent a 5.

Mike The Knight Mikes Mission Playset
Mike The Knight Mikes Mission Playset

3.0 out of 5 stars Presumably the helmet was sized to fit Pa Troll., 16 Jun. 2014
I'm 6'2" tall and the helmet rattles around on my head, with lots of space to spare. For my 3 year old son its a bit like an oversized bucket. Having said that its well constructed, robust and my son loves it.

Marvel Heroic Roleplay Basic Game
Marvel Heroic Roleplay Basic Game
by Various

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the standard of recent MWP releases, 10 Oct. 2012
I've got mixed feelings about this game.

The production values are fantastic. The game reads well and has some fantastic ideas. It falls more closely into the narrative camp than the simulation camp, with dice pools based on character concepts like "Man out of time".

Unfortunately in play the game seems to lag a bit. Building dice pools isnt particularly complex, but it takes a little time, and happens frequently. As a result they slow down play.

Overall I'd have to say its decidedly average - a real shame considering it from the same publisher and has the same lead designer as the absolutely fantastic 'Smallville' and 'Leverage' RPGs.

The Man Who Never Missed (The Matadors Book 1)
The Man Who Never Missed (The Matadors Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, poor proof reading for Kindle version, 10 Oct. 2012
This is a fantastic book - and has been one of my favourites since I read the paper copy. Its a well paced easy read, with some great characters and a fantastic twist at the end.

Unfortunately the Kindle version needs serious proof reading. I spotted lots of errors which really should have been picked up and having checked several of these against my paper copy they are errors introduced in the move to digital. As an example the bar called the 'Jade Flower' became the 'Jade Rower' during the transfer - an obvious OCR error.

The book itself 5/5, but the kindle transfer pulls it down to a 4/5.

Bang! Fourth Edition
Bang! Fourth Edition
Offered by CJ-MaX

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game which everyone can enjoy, 8 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Bang! Fourth Edition (Toy)
Bang is a brilliant game. Its also one of the very few games which works well ith loads of players. The rules are pretty straight forward, but when played with a full group the game has surprising depth and its great fun.

I would recommend picking up the first expansion (Dodge City) or buying the Deluxe 'Bullet' edition (which includes the first three expansions) because it really does add to the game. The second and third expansion dont really add a great deal.

Bang is my go-to amily gathering game. Its something my wife, parents and grand-parents all enjoy. My son enjoys it too but he doesn't play: he just sits on my lap and enjoys the fact he's with family and everyone is laughing, whilst trying to grab cards and shove them in his mouth - I'm hoping in a few years he may join in the fun. Few games really can entertain four generations.