Profile for D. Stewart > Reviews

Content by D. Stewart

D. Stewart "Dave Stewart" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Buffalo MiniStation Extreme W+D 2 TB Hard Drive - Black
Buffalo MiniStation Extreme W+D 2 TB Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast drive, 3 May 2016
I haven't really thrashed this drive yet, but from what I can tell so far it seems super-quick! I can copy GB of files from my mac to it in - literally - seconds.

I was disappointed to find out that you can't encrypt only one partition, that was my original plan, but that in no way should reduce the score of either the drive or the supplier.

The Stargazer's Journey
The Stargazer's Journey

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind-blowing music takes your mind and body on incredible journeys (I'm not joking!), 22 Nov. 2015
Agree with everyone else - I used to put this on and just GO places, millions of light years across the cosmos - in my mind. It's as if he's captured the sounds that nebulas and quasars would make, and you gently float through and become the massive entities themselves. It's not long before you lose track of your body and are aware *only* of your new dreamlike state.

Strangely, even though I got so used to listening to this CD, I never got tired of it, I'd be excited - yes excited! - to put it on, and couldn't wait to jump into bed, close my eyes, and be transported into space.

Buy this CD, it's simply the very best of its kind.

Ultralight Waterproof Wash Gargle Wash Bag Cosmetic Bag Outdoor Storage Bag(black)
Offered by Goodworldtrade

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little toilet bag, 25 Oct. 2015
I wanted a small bag as I'm a light packer, but it seemed really hard to find a bag that would do the job. This is that bag!

It's a bit longer than a toothbrush, but strangely holds everything you need for a weekend away - and probably more.

In mine I have:

- deodorant
- shower gel
- hair wax (travel-sized container)
- toothpaste (travel-size)
- tooth brush
- razor
- contact lenses (x2)
- eye drops
- ear plugs (zipped side pocket, so don't roll around)
- pack of painkillers (open side pocket)

As you can see the bag is only half-full.

It's the ideal size for a weekend away, hand luggage, and everyday use whilst away.
If you're going for a bit longer, it could easily accommodate a full-sized toothpaste tube, and probably a couple of weeks' worth of contact lenses.

If you have loads of extra pills and potions for malaria or sunburn, just pack them elsewhere (they don't really belong in a wash bag).

My only criticism (though not really) is that the material is *really* lightweight - ideal for camping of course, as it won't add any extra weight - but would be good to see another version with perhaps slightly heavier-gauge material.

Overall, very, very pleased. Simple, light, inner-storage options, easy to open, and small!

Buy it :)
Comment Comment | Permalink

BaByliss for Men 7895U I-Stubble Plus
BaByliss for Men 7895U I-Stubble Plus

1.0 out of 5 stars You'd be as well shaving your face with a house brick, 25 Oct. 2015
After all the positive reviews I decided to splash out on this shaver (which was a lot more expensive when I bought it).

Right from the word go I found it to be difficult to shave with. The "floating head" which is supposed to help mould to the contours of your face only really does this when you hold the shaver absolutely perpendicular to your skin. You literally have to go over the same patch of skin several times to get it anywhere near shaved properly.

It's no good for precision either, again due to the silly floating head, which just gets in the way with how ridiculously long it is.

Honestly, you'd be as well (and it feels like) shaving your face with a house brick!

I used to have an older model of this...

... which was brilliant. You'd chuck it round your face and be done in 20 seconds AND it would collect all the cut hair which you'd empty once a month or so.

I have to spend 2 or 3 minutes with this thing, constantly checking and shaving again and checking again, then at the end rinse the sink and all around the sink and rinse the sink again. 5 whole minutes of my life I will never get back.

The head tends to clog up very quickly as well, and what with all the shaver oil all over it, just becomes a mess of cut hair.

I use it as little as possible and at some point when I have time will give it to a charity shop or perhaps a tramp and will go and buy a Phillips one again.

Don't believe the hype; avoid.

Harbour Housewares Clothing / Suitcase Zipper Fixers - Pack of 16
Harbour Housewares Clothing / Suitcase Zipper Fixers - Pack of 16
Offered by Rinkit Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with these great value, great performing zip pulls, 14 Sept. 2015
Agree with all the other posters. Really strong, robust zip pulls. I replaced all the cord-based pulls on this backpack and am so much happier for it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kelty-Redwing-32L-Backpack-Caper/dp/B00G6KU96S

OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler
OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler

2.0 out of 5 stars Actually - too sharp., 22 Jun. 2015
So bloody sharp I cut the surface of my index finger nail off on first use. Frankly, too bloody dangerous! I don't use it any more.

Garlic Press Non Stick
Garlic Press Non Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic garlic press, 22 Jun. 2015
Fantastic garlic press. I discovered this in Spain at a friend's house then was really glad to find it on Amazon. Allows you to press the garlic in its skin, which makes cleaning much easier.

It's All Gone Pete Tong [DVD]
It's All Gone Pete Tong [DVD]
Dvd ~ Paul Kaye

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Jun. 2015
Brilliantly funny, clever, and touching film, with an awesome soundtrack to top it off. 100% recommended!

Belkin NE-MS 15.4 Inch Canvas Messenger Laptop bag
Belkin NE-MS 15.4 Inch Canvas Messenger Laptop bag

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 22 Jun. 2015
This bag is really bulky as it appears to be mainly padding. It's just not needed.

Betron B850 Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Tangle Free, Noise Isolating , HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (With Microphone, Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely underwhelming given all the positive reviews, 22 Jun. 2015
These *really* do not sound that good. They sound "OK" at best. But if I'm spending money on something I'll be using a lot, I want them to sound waaaaaay better than "OK". I don't really understand how folks here got so excited about these headphones. I repackaged them 30 seconds after trying them out, and sent them back. Save your money, and put it towards something which actually sounds good.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2015 11:44 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3