Profile for N. Jenkins > Reviews

Content by N. Jenkins

N. Jenkins (Norwich, England)

Page: 1 | 2
iTALKonline Microsoft Lumia 550 Blue TPU S Line Wave Hybrid Gel Skin Case Protective Jelly Cover
Offered by iTALKonline-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and feels good, 19 April 2016
The thin edges on this case really make a difference when using the edge of the screen. Doesn't feel soft and rubbery like some cheaper cases. Looks great and I recommend it (assuming you don't like soft and rubbery).

Impacto MAT5050 14x21-inch Handy Mat Kneeling
Impacto MAT5050 14x21-inch Handy Mat Kneeling

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft and comfy, 4 April 2016
I like this mat as it is really soft and comfy but it seems to be perhaps a little too soft because if you catch anything sharp on it (like a saw or chisel) then it easily takes a chunk out of it.
It is quite heavy but if it wasn't then it probably wouldn't be so comfortable so I shouldn't really complain!.

Gembird 10m CAT5e Molded Strain Relief Patch Cord Cable with 50 Micron Plugs
Gembird 10m CAT5e Molded Strain Relief Patch Cord Cable with 50 Micron Plugs
Offered by HDMIPerfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 4 April 2016
Super value and works very well.

Connect Zone® Microsoft Lumia 550 White S Line Silicone Gel Case Cover With Screen Guard And Polishing Cloth
Offered by Connect Zone®

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 4 April 2016
Perfect fit, very bright white (much brighter than phone). Amazing value.

Nilfisk-Alto AERO 26-01 PC X - vacuum cleaner - canister
Nilfisk-Alto AERO 26-01 PC X - vacuum cleaner - canister

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't quite blow my socks off!, 1 Jan. 2016
I bought this 26-01 PC X model from a German seller, as opposed to the 26-21 PC model, which is available in the UK because it has the automatic cord rewind (neater and safer up and down ladders) and a telescopic suction pipe. On the downside, it doesn't have the power tool take off socket that the UK model has. Rather annoyingly it came with a German 2 pin plug and no adaptor. It has a short 1.9m vacuum hose - the UK model has a 3.5m hose and the first time I used mine I realised 1.9m is too short for anything ceiling height so I had to spend £18 and get a 3.5m replacement.
Despite It's downsides, it feels well built and runs reasonably quietly, in fact you get the impression that if you accidentally left it running for a year or two it wouldn't suffer any ill effects. My only real concern is the suction power, I read lots of reviews before buying this model and just about every one said how powerful it was. Maybe I was expecting to much or perhaps there is something different with the German version but I feel the suction is only just sufficient and much less powerful than the cheap, noisy one I had before.
I went online and compared the suction power for a few different makes and models and found that the 60lt/sec for this model (German or UK) is one of the lowest out there and I even found a cheap (and noisy) one that managed 88lt/sec.
However, for me, the Nilfisk with its quietness, refinement, cord rewind and push button filter clean function wins over noise and suction (well most of the time anyway!).

KooPower 8 Bay Intelligent Fast AA/AAA Battery Charger for AA/AAA Ni-MH/Ni-Cd Rechargeable Batteries
Offered by Golden Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow but thorough., 22 July 2015
I highly recommend this item. Having had various chargers over the years, this is by far the best. It's very well made with some space between each battery. It has a clear blue backlit display, it charges each battery totally independently and turns itself off once the last battery is charged. The AC adaptor is separate to the charger which helps keep the heat down. It does take a long while to complete the charging process but I think this is better for the health of the batteries.

Bosch PLR 25 Laser Measure
Bosch PLR 25 Laser Measure
Offered by Tooled-Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 22 Nov. 2014
Expensive but really good quality. Can't put it down - have been measuring everything everywhere.

Yellow Criss Cross Gripper Gloves Large Size Pack Of 5
Yellow Criss Cross Gripper Gloves Large Size Pack Of 5
Offered by yategm

4.0 out of 5 stars too snug, 22 Nov. 2014
Really good quality and excellent value but much smaller than I expected.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistant Quality, 2 May 2012
Out of 11 discs that I tried, 3 burnt impressively fast, 4 burnt ok but very slowly and a further 4 failed completely.
Considering these are Sony branded discs from a reputable retailer (Amazon), I expected better.
I decided to return the remaining discs and I must say how impressed I was with the returns procedure and also with how quickly Amazon refunded me.
In case anyone is interested, the media code on the discs I recieved was MBI 01RG40 - made in India.

Compact Digital Multitester
Compact Digital Multitester

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I need in a multitester., 24 April 2012
I spent ages searching the web for a simple audible continuity tester and had nearly given up when I found this - Skytronic 600.005. Not only does it have the audible tester it also has a battery tester function (something else on my 'must get one day' list). Interestingly it determines the battery condition by current flow with 40mA (approx) being ok for a 1.5v battery. Do bear in mind however that re-chargeable batteries are not 1.5v (more like 1.3v) so don't expect 40mA on these.

The product is well made, has a clear display, nice flexible leads and represents good value.

The only slightly irritating thing is you have to plug one lead into a different socket depending on the function you are using.

Overall highly recommended.