Profile for OPAL - Opportunities for Personal Advancement in Life > Reviews

Content by OPAL - Opportu...

OPAL - Opportunities for Personal Advancement in Life (Donamon, Roscommon, Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Mindfulness Plain & Simple
Mindfulness Plain & Simple
by Oli Doyle

5.0 out of 5 stars A really useful introduction to Mindfulness, 23 Jan. 2014
This book is brilliant - Clear and to the point. An excellent introduction for people looking to find out about Mindfulness and full of straight forward information to enable you to start practicing. I purchased this as I was looking for a book that I could recommend to those attending the Mindfulness classes that I teach. I am so glad I found it.

Zentangle® Basics
Zentangle® Basics
by CZT Suzanne McNeill

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for me as a beginer, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Zentangle® Basics (Paperback)
I bought this to try out Zentangle as I had been told about it by a friend. The book is a good basic short introduction for beginners. Easy to pick up and use to get started.

STABILO Point 88 Fineliner - Assorted Colours, Wallet of 10
STABILO Point 88 Fineliner - Assorted Colours, Wallet of 10

5.0 out of 5 stars One for me & One for a pressie, 23 Jan. 2014
I bought this as a Christmas present for a friend who is a very talented crafter and paints wonderful Chinese art. She was really pleased with the quality of the pens and the vibrant colours. I also bought another set for myself and have found them to be great. I have used them many times and left the tops off some of the pens overnight sometimes but they seem to be fine and do not dry up.

Zen Doodle: Tons Of Tangles
Zen Doodle: Tons Of Tangles
by Tonia Jenny

5.0 out of 5 stars A real Winner, 23 Jan. 2014
I bought this as a Christmas present for a friend who is a very talented crafter and paints wonderful Chinese art. She was really pleased with it and has mentioned it on a number of occasions.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for Money, 23 Jan. 2014
I bought this as a Christmas present for a friend who is a keen fisherman. He was really made up and said it is brill!

ZEN. A Simple Path to More Happiness, More Tranquility, and Less Problems.
ZEN. A Simple Path to More Happiness, More Tranquility, and Less Problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to ZEN, 23 Jan. 2014
I purchased the Kindle edition and found it easy to read. I really like the way Andrew Dailey (the author) writes. So easy to understand and very concise without lots of waffle. It is the first book of his that I have read and I will definitely be recommending it to those attending the Mindfulness courses that I teach.

Nokia Lumia 520 / Lumia 525 TPU Gel Skin Case / Cover - Solid Black
Nokia Lumia 520 / Lumia 525 TPU Gel Skin Case / Cover - Solid Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value, 15 Nov. 2013
I bought this (and a White one) at the same time I ordered my Nokia Lumia 520 from Amazon. It was only £2.99 and it fits perfectly. Looks great and I am very impressed. So much so that I have just ordered a red one as well :-)

Nokia Lumia 520 / Lumia 525 Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover 6-in-1 Pack By Terrapin

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 15 Nov. 2013
These are OK and do the job, but I found they are not easy to apply to the screen without small air bubbles appearing. In fairness though, this is the first time I have used screen protectors so it could be my lack of experience in applying them.

Nokia Lumia 520 8GB SIM-Free Windows Smartphone - Black
Nokia Lumia 520 8GB SIM-Free Windows Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Smart Phone, 15 Nov. 2013
I don't know where to start in singing the praises of the Nokia Lumia 520. I am NOT a TECHI so wasnt looking forward to trying to get used to a new phone. I have been searching for something that I can use to replace the need for carrying around my small laptop/notebook. I tried a couple of other 'smart phones' but found the screens too small and just found them difficult to use in general. I then tried a Tablet but really wanted something I could slip into my pocket. I also didn't want to spend over £200 on a phone. I thought I as being too picky and unrealistic. Then I saw the Nokia Lumia 520 for just over £120!

It took me very little time to set it up and start using it. I love the Windows system. It is much better than the Android system on my other phone. The battery lasts much longer too. The screen size is just right for me as I can see things clearly and the touch screen control makes it really easy to use.

The phone itself looks fab and is very light. It slips snugly into my pocket.

I would really recommend this for anyone who is looking for a high quality smart-phone at a reasonable price.

Specialist 4PRS Mini Promo Paint Roller Kit
Specialist 4PRS Mini Promo Paint Roller Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Saw it cheaper elsewhere, 15 Nov. 2013
This is OK and does the job fine. However, I saw a similar set for less than £2 and that had four replacement rollers. The one I bought from Amazon is of no better quality but as it was only a few pounds I decided to keep it. So, you may want to look around in the local discount stores before buying this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8