Profile for Bookworm Helly > Reviews

Content by Bookworm Helly

Bookworm Helly

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Official TED BAKER® Samsung Galaxy S8 - Luxury Folio Case / Cover in Glitter Design for Women with Built-In Interior Mirror for Galaxy S8 2017 - HANAS - Rose Gold
Offered by Proporta

5.0 out of 5 stars Sparkly and I love it!, 10 Jun. 2017
I wanted a decent cover to protect my new phone but also wanted a feminine one that looked nice rather than a black or a business type one. This is just what I was looking for. It's so pretty and very sparkly and I like the added mirror inside, the colour is a bit more golden in certain lights but it really is so nice. The Ted Baker logo is a nice touch. The case also is magnetised so when turned back it is secure. Overall I love it.

Ansmann Smurfs Child's Bedroom Lamp
Ansmann Smurfs Child's Bedroom Lamp

4.0 out of 5 stars A handy little light!, 16 Jan. 2016
I was sent this item free of charge in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. The concept of the product is great, I feel the smurfs might not necessarily be a recognised character , my son didn't have a clue who they were but never the less he did enjoy using the product and turning it on and off. It emits a nice, soft glow and is not horrendously bright. It's child friendly and easy to use and would happily recommend to my other friends with children.We have found the light very handy to take away with us to use in hotels and also in my sons room when we moved house and he was a bit unsure about being in a new room, I found this very helpful that it was so handy.

The 26 cm Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri, with Textured Ceramic Non-Stick Coating from Germany (100% PTFE and PFOA Free)
Offered by Ozeri UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality and non-stick frying pan., 12 May 2015
We recently received this pan free of charge to provide an honest and unbiased review. We have been testing the pan out for the last couple of weeks and love it, it's a good weight but not too heavy, it looks high quality and the non-stick honeycomb surface is great and actually is non-stick. We love that it comes with a little pan protector that sits in the base allowing us to stack another pan on top thus space saving. The price of £24.99 is reasonable considering the quality of the item, I would consider buying other items in the range after using this frying pan.

Ozeri Moderna Artisan Series Double Wall 8 oz Thermo Glasses - Set of 4 Drinking Glasses
Offered by Ozeri UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great glasses!, 20 Nov. 2013
These glasses are fantastic, not only do they look great but they are suitable for hot and cold liquids, I've tested these out rigorously and they are great. They dish wash well and have little dimples for ease of holding. Would recommend for hot chocolate, liqueur coffees and various chilled cocktails. A great addition to our glass ware collection.

The Buddha in the Attic
The Buddha in the Attic

4.0 out of 5 stars Poetic & powerful, 21 Aug. 2013
It's beautifully written, yet understated and at only 129 pages long it's packs a punch in such a short space of time. It's not the sort of book I would ever choose and this is why I love book clubs, you read a genre that you would never normally consider. Otsuka writes in the first person plural which is so unusual, it's written like a collective voice but you get a real sense of the desperation and sadness these Japanese women felt. The chapters are short and I wanted to keep reading when they came to an end, it really didn't take me long to finish the book. There was nothing I particularly disliked, although at times I found I had to re-read sentences as they are so descriptive I needed to skim them again to full digest the information.

Once read it occurred to me I really didn't know much about this era and the plights that Japanese immigrants experienced. I found myself thinking about the novel for several hours after I'd read it.

If you like a powerful story which is thought provoking and poignant then this novel is for you.

Mattel W9859 Ball table
Mattel W9859 Ball table

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as exciting as it should be., 31 May 2013
This review is from: Mattel W9859 Ball table (Toy)
I was really excited about this item when I received it, I thought my little boy who is one would love it. Hmmmmm not so sure, wish I had read the reviews here first to be honest. Firstly, as other reviews have said it's quite large when assembled, you also have to screw the legs on which I found quite annoying and time consuming. Also it requires 4 (yes 4, you read that right) AA batteries which aren't included and quite frankly is quite a lot of batteries for a toy!

Once assembled the balls are supposed to erupt from the top and roll down and promises fun and excitement for the child. It's more like a slow roll from the middle down the legs and then they end up all over the floor as they never end up in the wells at the bottom of the legs! The music is slightly better than other toys which is a bonus. My little boy doesn't seem to very impressed with it and gets bored within a couple of minutes. He enjoys rolling the roller but finds banging the middle as it rises up much more fun so I can't see the mechanics lasting long!

All in all a pretty disappointing toy, especially for the price and there are much better toys on the market.

New 2012 Model Ride on Audi TT Black Car including the Netgadgets Dual Motor 12 Volt version - Kids Remote Control and RC Parental Control Overide

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a mini car!!!, 23 May 2013
We had ordered this for my sons 1st birthday, Daddy wanted son to have an Audi (just like Daddy's car!). We ordered it on the Monday and received on the Wednesday-fantastic service. It is a huge box it arrives in, I checked the item over and it arrived with no damage at all. In the instructions it states it will take approximate 40 minutes to set the car up, I'd say this is pretty realistic. It took my husband about half an hour to make it up with no issues or stress at all, the instruction book is thorough and clear. We tested it out afterwards.....it's so quick! Not sure sure about the odd music it plays but it made us laugh! I'm so excited for my son to use it and hopefully we'll get a lot of use out it. Brilliant seller and great item. Thank you!

Christmas at the Cupcake Café
Christmas at the Cupcake Café
by Jenny Colgan

5.0 out of 5 stars A festive, heartwarming, cosy story!, 14 Nov. 2012
A beautiful book written by one of my favourite author's. I was eagerly awaiting this sequel and had it on pre-order for ages! I have not been left disappointed, I could not put it down. A fantastic sequel to 'Meet me at the Cupckae Cafe', I literally just jumped straight back into the story. Sometimes sequels can leave you a little bit cold and let down but this did neither. It was another heartwarming and festive tale and brilliantly written as all of Colgan's books are. I love the festive inspired cover which is stylish at the same time. I really hope this isn't the last we hear about Issy and her adventures in New York, please don't leave us hanging Jenny and write another Cupcake novel. In the meantime i'll just have to pre-order her next sweet delight novel to keep me going.

All in all a must buy for any Colgan fan!

Revenge of the Tide
Revenge of the Tide

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, 29 Sept. 2012
Ohh it's good, in fact it's very good BUT i can't give it 5 stars (read on as to why!). Another cracking novel by Elizabeth Haynes. Like many other people I enjoyed Haynes debut novel 'Into the Darkest Corner' very much, it was one of my favourite books that i've read recently, when I saw she was releasing her 2nd novel I couldn't wait to read it. Of course it's going to be difficult to follow the success of an incredible debut novel but I feel that she made a very good attempt. I read Revenge of the Tide in 2 days and i couldn't put it down, it was full of suspense, twists and turns and intrigue. The plot was an interesting concept, very different to her previous novel but yet with some similarities with the suspense and mystery.

However, I was so, so dissapointed with the ending! I was reading and reading at the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen when all of a sudden it skipped a couple of months and then just came to a sudden end! I felt a bit like she rushed the ending or got a bit bored of writing! Such a shame after a strong novel. That being said though I still loved it, will probably read it again and can't wait for Haynes 3rd book and she is creeping her way into my favourite author's list!

The Rose Petal Beach: The Richard & Judy Bestselling Author
The Rose Petal Beach: The Richard & Judy Bestselling Author

4.0 out of 5 stars Another compelling read, 23 Sept. 2012
Another great read from Dorothy Koomson, i've read most of her books and love them all. The titles of her books always sound so interesting and make me want to read from cover to cover without putting them down. The way she writes is unlike any other author I read. She adds so many twists and turns that in the end you give up guessing.

I love the background story that runs throughout about the rose petal beach, it's really nice the way she ties this into the story. Koomson always writes such intricate and cleverly constructed storylines that you can't help being drawn in. I agree to an extent with one of the other reviews on here that there is alot going on and new characters become introduced and at times (very few i may add) it is easy to get lost, I did have to backtrack a couple of times to make sure I was getting the 'gist' of it, that being said it wasnt enough to have me completley confused. Towards the middle of the book i was trying to guess what had happened but in the end gave up as I really wasn't sure. I think this is what makes Koomson's books so enjoyable, you just never know what really happens until right at the very end.

All in all a great book, well written, well constructed and a must for any Koomson fan. If I was to reccommend an author to someone she would it! Can't wait for her next novel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3