Profile for Jonathan Gledhill > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Ultra Slim Glass Digital Body Fat Analyser Scales with 10 User Memory
Ultra Slim Glass Digital Body Fat Analyser Scales with 10 User Memory

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty LCD display, 4 Jun. 2017
1 star as when I received the item the top half of the LCD display didn't work which made it impossible to read the information. The item is also slightly different from the display picture although that's just a minor issue.

Set of 2x Anti-Slip Top and Bottom Plastic Serving Tray with High Grip Rubber Surface, Non-Slip Padded Base and Easy Grip Handles ideal for all Homes
Offered by Invero

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for non slip., 6 May 2017
No complaints at all about the non slip aspect of these trays, the trays themselves don't slip when they are put down and equally items placed on the tray stay put as well so pleased with that. The only minor niggle is if you put anything too heavy on the tray, you get a bit of flex in the handles. The handles feel sturdy enough but just be aware you may get a little flex in them with heavy items however this doesn't detract too much overall.

MAM Large Bottle Starter Set including Anti-Colic Self Sterilising Bottles, Bottle Teats and Starter Soother (Green)
Offered by Daisybabyshop

4.0 out of 5 stars Good so far!, 22 Dec. 2015
We have been using these for 4 weeks now and so far haven't observed any colic symptoms in our baby. Can't promise its the bottles, might just be luck but then again, can't say its not the bottles either!

The self sterilising function is fairly useful if you are out and about visiting people, can chuck a clean bottle in your change bag and sterilise it in three mins wherever you find a microwave. Its good to be able to change the size of the bottle while reusing the rest of the bottle as your baby grows and drinks more milk.

The only downside and i'm taking off one star for this is they are a bit of a pain in the backside to clean, each bottle breaks up into 6 pieces which need cleaned and rinsed before reassembling and sterilising so it takes a bit longer than a less complex bottle. Its not the end of the world though and if it keeps the colic symptoms away, I can live with an extra minute to clean a bottle!

Some people have mentioned that these bottles leak and thats true if you don't put the bottom seal and teat in correctly, as long as you seat them in place firmly and screw the bottle together properly, they don't leak at all.

Sterimar Hygiene Nasal Spray - Hayfever and Allergies, 100ml
Sterimar Hygiene Nasal Spray - Hayfever and Allergies, 100ml
Offered by Activecare Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps with congestion from a cold., 22 Dec. 2015
After seeing recent research suggesting over the counter cold / flu medication wasn't especially effective and also that decongestants can cause rebound congestion when they wear off, I decided I would try Sterimar instead next time I had a cold instead of reaching for the Lemsip etc.

Cold has arrived with a few days to go to Christmas and have been using it for a day or so now and it has helped with the congestion. It hasn't cured it or anything but its stopped my nose from a) running and b) being so stuffy. Its certainly helped make the cold a bit more bearable by reducing the congestion symptoms.

God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlepig: A Bobby Dollar Novella
God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlepig: A Bobby Dollar Novella

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as the main books, 7 Jan. 2015
I love the main stories but this just felt a little rushed and not that much depth to the plot. Ok but don't expect the same quality as books 1-3.

The Martian
The Martian

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sci fi story., 31 May 2014
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this, well written with a mix of thrills, humour and science. You really root for the Martian! Will be looking out for the authors other work.

Klipsch Image S4 Headphones
Klipsch Image S4 Headphones
Offered by West Audio UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and suprisingly durable., 17 Jun. 2012
I wasn't planning on writing a review of these headphones however after I found they were still working perfectly after a recent mishap, I think they deserve a glowing review.

A friend recommended these headphones to me, he is a bit of an audiophile and suggested they were a great buy at the £40 - £50 price point. I ordered a pair and thought they were fanastic, very pleased with the audio quality and liked the case and different size earbuds that come with them.

Unfortunately, a few months ago I lost them and I was gutted.

Today, I put on a bag of old clothes into the washing machine and then afterwards into the tumble drier. When I emptied the tumble drier out fell the Klipsch S4 headphones that I had lost. They looked fine so I plugged them in was pretty impressed that they were working perfectly, no distortion at all. I'm very impressed with the build quality of the headphones and also with the sound quality.

If you are looking for some decent headphones to replace the ones that come with your phone / iPod, these are perfect for that and unlike the poor headphones that come with Apple products, they don't let everyone else near you hear what you are listening to!

Garden Of Rama
Garden Of Rama
by Sir Arthur C. Clarke CBE

1.0 out of 5 stars Such a let down., 14 May 2012
This review is from: Garden Of Rama (Paperback)
I don't normally feel compelled to write reviews, however I will make an exception for Garden of Rama which is a phenomenal let down compared to the first two Rama Books.

Rendevouz with Rama is excellent, pure science fiction that's entertaining and easy to read.

Rama 2 is co written by Gentry Lee and while it's not as good as the first book, has some excellent parts and despite some overly convoluted character backgrounds is still a worthwhile read.

Garden of Rama is sadly a complete mess. Apart from the first quarter, sci fi has gone out of the window and has been replaced with confusing characters, convoluted background information. Full of laughable and thoroughly unlikeable characters, the book turns into a complete mess and frankly I'm not going to bother with the fourth book because of how poor I found Garden of Rama to be.

Sad as this had the potential to have been a very good book.

My opinion?

Read the first two books and stop there.

NETGEAR WN2000RPT-100UKS N300 Mbps 802.11n Universal Wi-Fi Desktop Range Extender (Wi-Fi Booster)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of kit, 29 Dec. 2011
I had been considering a wifi range extender for a while and had read reviews for all the main contenders. I decided to go for the Netgear as most people considered it fairly easy to set up.

I recieved the Range Extender, plugged it in and followed the quick start guide. I didn't use the WNS setup (where you push the button on the router and then the one on the extender) I used the other method using the web browser to configure it.

All I had to do was select which wireless network to extend and enter my WPA2 Key and the setup wizard did the rest.

It was all up and working within about 5 minutes and has extended my wifi coverage a considerable bit. I live in an old house with solid stone walls and these has really helped improve the coverage.

Casio Collection - Men's Digital Watch with Resin Strap - SGW-100-1VEF
Casio Collection - Men's Digital Watch with Resin Strap - SGW-100-1VEF
Offered by Watches2U

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for everyday use., 24 Dec. 2010
After my expensive watch was damaged while out cycling, I decided I should probably get a good quality everyday watch and save my expensive watch for special occasions. I have had Casio watches in the past, my first ever watch was a Casio and it lasted for years and years so I decided to buy this one.

The watch is attractive and in addition to the usual digital watch features, stopwatch, timer, world time etc. this one also has a digital compass and thermometer so I was impressed by the extra functionality that it offered.

The strap is comfortable and easy to adjust and has enough ventilation to avoid sweaty skin and the watch itself is comfortable on the wrist. The dial is easy to read and has a button to illuminate the dial in the dark and its just as easy to read at night.

I have been very happy with the watch, especially at this price. I haven't awarded 5 stars as the thermometer is not much use while you are wearing the watch as it obviously picks up some body heat and gives an innacurate reading, you really need to take it off and leave it for about 20 minutes before it gives an accurate temperature. The digital compass is also useful although you need to hold the watch completely flat or else the bearing it gives jumps about by up to 30-40 degrees.

Other than that, very happy with the watch and will continue to buy Casio watches in the future.

Page: 1 | 2