Profile for Andreas Iacovou > Reviews

Content by Andreas Iacovou
Top Reviewer Ranking: 239

Andreas Iacovou (London)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dicota Spin Backpack for 15 inch Notebook/Tablet
Dicota Spin Backpack for 15 inch Notebook/Tablet

5.0 out of 5 stars Really excellent at this price and feels like it will last ..., 18 Jun. 2015
Superb value bag with lots of compartments and padding only where is actually matters. Really excellent at this price and feels like it will last a while. Recommended

Pine by Neptune Smart Watch 2.4" - Android Support, 16GB Storage, Black Wristband, 2G 3G 4G Support
Offered by Bentham Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent if you are prepared to put in some effort, 13 Jun. 2015
Really interesting gadget this. Designed as a smartwatch, it's just way to big and bulky for that and looks quite silly. However use it as a portable music player and you have a compact player with backup phone functioality!

I bought the 16gb version and followed a guide on You Tube to swap the 16gb SD card for a 128gb card. I now have a tiny music player with loads of internal storage, access to Spotify and Tunein Radio.

Visit neptuneninja.com for full instructions for how to access the Google Play store and lots of other tips and enhancements.

Below average battery life is the one major drawback with this and I certainly would not recommend if you don't like tweeking. Out of the box it is certainly not fit for purpose but for this price and with some patience you can have a really unique and highly portable phone / media device

LG G4 5.5 inch UK SIM-free Android Smartphone - Metallic Grey
LG G4 5.5 inch UK SIM-free Android Smartphone - Metallic Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Large screen, stunning leather finish, manageable size, 1 Jun. 2015
I traded in my recently purchased LG G Flex 2 for the LG G4 Black Leather (not available on Amazon at time of purchase). I found the G Flex 2 an excellent phone in terms of software and battery life but the curve started to become a hindrance without providing any benefits. I definitely wanted to stick with LG given their superb recent phones and the Black Leather version of the G4 is absolutely gorgeous.

My first real dilemma is whether to get a case for this phone. Every phone I've ever had has had a case of sorts but you cannot buy this beautifully made leather clad phone and stick it in a plastic / gel case. I have compromised and gone for a pouch for when I'm travelling.

The G4 has a stunning screen, very quick operation and clever user interface. I also have a Nexus 6 which I love but the LG is so much easier to hold and use comfortably that I am happy to sacrifice the extra 0.4 inches of screen afforded by the Nexus and use the LG as my daily phone.

Battery life is where phones really make or break for me these days but is one area I feel LG have taken a march on the competition. The G4 seems to have an uncanny ability to keep going and rarely runs hot. I have every screen loaded with widgets, emails syncing every 5 minutes and would consider myself a heavy user but at 8pm I still have approx 35% battery. I'm feeling good about the battery performance.

My one criticism is that LG did not see fit to include integrated wireless charging. It just seems so short sighted not to include this and is a real inconvenience as I have several wireless docks and pads used for my Nexus 6.

There are some fantastic features on this phone which others have covered in depth so I will summarise. If you want a phone with a large screen but packaged in a reasonably sized body, class leading battery and performance, and a unique real leather finish this is the phone to go for. I'm really impressed would definitely recommend it.

HP 300-030na Pavilion Mini Desktop (Intel Core i3 1.9 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1)
Offered by IvoryEgg

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful package but frustratingly slow, 10 May 2015
I bought this to use as an office general use machine. I went for the i3 processor hoping that it would give a decent level of performance but have been left disappointed. I certainly wasn't expecting anything lightning quick and am not looking to do anything other than web browsing and word processing but just could not get used to waiting for it to chug along even for the most basic tasks.

I upgraded the RAM to 8gb which has helped somewhat but i'm still left twiddling my thumbs wondering if there is more to life than waiting for a web page to load or a file to transfer.

Four stars because it is a really neat good looking and compact package with decent connectivity but if you want anything other thant the most basic usage I would recommend looking elsewhere. HP have also just released the i5 processor version which should improve things (see their website) but I will be returning this one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2015 10:58 AM BST

LG G Flex 2 5.5-Inch SIM-free Smartphone - Titanium
LG G Flex 2 5.5-Inch SIM-free Smartphone - Titanium
Offered by ULTIMATE PHONESHOP

5.0 out of 5 stars Some great new features and superb value, 18 April 2015
The first LG G Flex passed me by as the specification was poor. I was however keen on trying it out as it offered something different. I was therefore glad the the latest model is loaded with the most up to date hardware, although it would have been good to have the option of more storage (16gb just doesn't cut it for me these days).

The phone looks great and is definetely a conversation starter. It feels great to hold and use and actually feels very comfortable in my pocket. It's a well made semi-premium build device. It certainly doesn't compare to the premium feel of the new Galaxy S6 or HTC M9 but its also quite a bit cheaper so I guess thats the trade off.

Using the phone is a pleasure. It's smooth and intuitive and I love the LG tweaks to the OS and particularly the 'Knock Knock' features to wake the screen and the option set up additional gestures.

While the curve in the screen improves the handling and looks i'm not convinced its added any benefits in terms of viewing images and video. Its just too small a screen to make any difference.

I like this phone. It's nice to use, battery life is decent easily getting me through a day and it offers something a little different to the competition in terms of design. Its also priced really competitively especially when considering it comes with the latest processor and neat features like self healing skin!! I'm not planning to test it out anytime soon though but i'm sure it works just fine :-)

There is some serious competition out there at the moment from the likes of Sony, Samsung, HTC and Motorola so its great to see LG trying to differentiate and experiment with new technology. This is a really cool phone and while arguably it's main feature is a bit of a gimmick it is nevertheless pretty awesome.

K Living Opulence Chenille Black White 228x254cm Sofa Bed Blanket Throw Over
K Living Opulence Chenille Black White 228x254cm Sofa Bed Blanket Throw Over
Offered by Textile Warehouse Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars feels good and looks great, 8 April 2015
Really decent quality, feels good and looks great. Good value item. I just need to find the matching cushen covers pictured now!

Qi Infinity Power Wireless Desktop Charger for Qi Enabled Smartphones and Tablets - Retail Packaging - Black
Offered by Qi-Infinity-EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and is well made, 4 April 2015
Works perfectly with my Nexus 6 charging it through the case with no problems. Looks good and is well made, however some scratches on the front indicates maybe I got a used one. Expensive for what it is and at the time of writing, you can get the same thing under a different brand for £20 cheaper if you look around Amazon......

Nexus 6 Case, SUPCASE Google Nexus 6 Case [Unicorn Beetle Series] Premium Hybrid Bumper Case Cover for Motorola Nexus 6 (Frost Clear/Black)
Offered by I-Blason EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value and fitment, 1 April 2015
A superb case. It looks good, provides what looks like great protection and is reasonably priced. Its a bit tough to remove as its so tight but that's part of the reason its a good case. Recommended

Pioneer PL-30-K Fully Automatic Vinyl Turntable
Pioneer PL-30-K Fully Automatic Vinyl Turntable

4.0 out of 5 stars The unit feels very well made and its quite heavy (which is a good thing). It also looks and sounds great, 24 Mar. 2015
Extremely well packed and protected and delivered quickly. It took me (a relative newbie to turntables) about 15-20 minutes to set it up. The instructions were decent but I took my time as I didn't want to mess it up.

The unit feels very well made and its quite heavy (which is a good thing). It also looks and sounds great. I am comparing it to an old second hand Technics deck though so I would expect some improvement.

I am pleased with it and for a fully automatic unit, it was great value for money.

Samsung SNH-E6440BN/EX Smart Home HD Outdoor Camera
Samsung SNH-E6440BN/EX Smart Home HD Outdoor Camera
Offered by elevenfirst

4.0 out of 5 stars Great hardware, some software improvements needed, 15 Mar. 2015
I bought two of these to cover front and back of the house. I was initially quite surprised to see how small the actual camera and WiFi box were. The camera is particularly impressive and can be concealed easily if you would rather not have it visible.

Setup was a breeze and took about 5 minutes per camera. Image quality is excellent and I was especially impressed with the night vision. Motion detection works but its not quite 100% in terms of capturing every event. The camera seems to suffer from the odd connection dropout which is frustrating and down to the WiFi connection. I am thinking of connecting the main box by ethernet cable to my router in the hope that it stabilizes the connection.

The SmartCam software is okay. It is clearly 'version 1.0' and could do with a decent firmware upgrade. It's a little clunky and slow but it does work. It would also be good it allowed you to schedule when motion events are recorded. At the moment its either on or off.

In summary the hardware is fantastic but the software could do with an update at which point this would be a five star product.

Update: 17.03.15
Turns out you can schedule the times when the motion detection activates. The only way to do it is via the web based software. You can't do it using the Android app.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20