Profile for Andreas Iacovou > Reviews

Content by Andreas Iacovou
Top Reviewer Ranking: 686

Andreas Iacovou (London)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LG 65UH950V 65 inch Super Ultra HD 4K Smart TV webOS (2016 Model) - Silver
LG 65UH950V 65 inch Super Ultra HD 4K Smart TV webOS (2016 Model) - Silver
Price: £2,499.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb TV with top notch smart features and 3D capability, 26 July 2016
Purchased this set to replace a 2013 LG 55" TV as I now have Sky Q and with the 4K channel set to launch this August I wanted to be able to enjoy the content in all it's glory. Here are my thoughts for this unit.

Pros:
-Picture quality is great when watching 4k content (You Tube and Netflix).
-Sound quality is great for a flat panel. The Harmon Kardon speaker set-up is superb and beats all other sound from a TV I have previously experienced.
-The smart features (WebOS 3.0) are intuitive and quick loading.
-Magic remote is very easy to use and let you control most of the connected devices too. The one remote solution is much better.
-Screen mirroring enables android mobile content to go on big screen with a touch of your finger tip.
-Easy to search videos and TV channels with voice commands
-3D viewing is spectacular. I was very dissapointed that Sony and Samsung have ditched 3D on their new sets. Kudos to LG for persevering. This was a primary reason for going with LG for me and the results are excellent.

Cons:
-Limited availability of apps (eg: skype not available) - this can easily be rectified of course
-Standard definition channels are just about good enough to watch.
-Only 3 HDMI inputs - They are all the latest generation HDMI 2.0 though which is good.

I'm looking forward to more 4k content in future to enjoy the full potential of this big smart screen and Sky look to be delivering. For now the online streaming services will have to do. This set looks absolutely stunning and the stand is a feat of engineering to behold. I though long and hard about going for an OLED set but having compared the technology I did not feel it was worth the significant premium at this stage.

All in all I would recommend this TV to anyone who has access to more HD or 4K content. Finally, look around and you can find this model a good 20% cheaper

Galaxy S7 Edge Screen Protector [Full Coverage] [NOT for Galaxy S7],iVoler [2 Pack] [3D Full Curved Edge] [No Bubble] [Ultra Clear] Premium PET Film Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, LIFETIME WARRANTY
Offered by iVoler EU

5.0 out of 5 stars a perfect fit. I the very bad experience from the ..., 11 Jun. 2016
Finally, a perfect fit. I the very bad experience from the previous protectors purchased (see my previous review) these arrived today and 15 minutes later it is applied on my phone perfectly. They came very well packaged and undamaged, included dry and wet wipes and dust removal stickers. The protectors themselves feel solid and hard wearing. I had no problems installing on the phone and all the air bubbles slid away very easily. Recommended

FoneM8® - Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Full Face Coverage Screen Protector (PACK OF 3) Retail Packed - Includes Microfibre Cleaning Cloth And Application Card
Offered by FoneM8store

1.0 out of 5 stars ... my time and these have proven to be the worst ever. I did not stand a chance, 10 Jun. 2016
I have successfully fit several dozen screen protectors in my time and these have proven to be the worst ever. I did not stand a chance! Avoid

Eterna Tangaroa Men's Automatic Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Black Leather Strap 2949.41.66.1261
Price: £3,275.00

4.0 out of 5 stars ... previously but this caught my eye and was a great price so I decided to purchase, 9 Feb. 2016
I have never owned an Eterna watch previously but this caught my eye and was a great price so I decided to purchase. It is one of the most stunning watch dials I have seen, incredibly detailed and just gorgeous. Seems to be reliable and very accurate. Lots of functionality for the price, I really don't understand why Eterna don't get more visibility if they can make watches like this.

On the other hand the black leather strap felt cheap and uncomfortable. It was way to stiff and ruined the experience of this watch. The warranty card was also not completed so I'm unsure how that would effect the warranty.

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium 5.5 inch SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (UK Version)
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium 5.5 inch SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (UK Version)
Offered by Wowcamera

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent solid phone with a stunning screen and camera, 21 Nov. 2015
I have enjoyed using Sony Android phones since the original Xperia Z. Build quality has always been solid and the Z5 Premium does not disappoint again. I just feel the overall look has become a little dated now and Sony could do with a little innovation here. In summary it pretty much looks like the Z3 and Z3+ albeit with some very minor upgrades.

The slippery glass at the back also makes the phone a little tricky to hold and I will certainly be adding a case as soon as possible.

Some nice additions are the waterproof design which is even better then before, the inclusion expandable storage (micro SD) which is becoming a rarity since Samsung ditched it from their latest phones and the fingerprint scanning technology. Why this very premium priced, flagship phone does not include the latest version of Android (Marshmallow) is bonkers and quite annoying. Having said that I like the Sony overlay, it is quick and intuitive and hopefully the OS upgrade will come reasonably quickly.

Battery life is in line with most other phones, I'm getting a solid day out of it with medium to high usage. The camera is excellent. Incredibly quick and the photos and in particular the video is stunning. It would be remiss of me not to mention the screen on this thing. To say it's the best screen I have come across on any phone or tablet would not be an understatement. Truly stunning and Sony should be proud of it. I am however finding it almost impossible to find any content that would take advantage of it. It would have been great if Sony could have squeezed a 5.7" or 5.9" screen on this model to take advantage of the screen technology.

Sony Z5 Premium is a lovely phone but it just lacks something to make me really love it. It works really well and looks good but I have already turned my attentions to the upcoming LG V10 and am not sure whether I will be keeping it longer term.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2015 12:52 PM GMT

Huawei P8 Max 6.8 Inch Dual Sim Dual Standby Android 5.1 Octa Core 3GB RAM 64GB ROM 5.0 + 13.0 MP Camera FDD LTE and TD-LTE Unlocked Mobile Phones Smartphones (P8 Max Cell Phone)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and beautiful, 10 Oct. 2015
I imported this phone because I was looking for something to replace my ageing Xperia Z Ultra. In summary it's one of the most unique devices I have owned. To start with, Huawei put a lot of care and attention into the packaging and just removing it from the box was a pleasing event. An official 'dot' flip case was also included which adds the finishing touch to the phone.

It is very high end premium build and looks and feels amazing. The screen is stunning and the performance is excellent. I experience zero lag or slow downs even though I have 7 pages fully loaded with active widgets. The best part is the battery life which is very strong and more akin to a tablet performance rather than a traditional smartphone. The first day is always a good test for the battery, with all the setting up and screen use. The battery held firm and still had 30% at the end of the day. I was genuinely using not stop for 8 hours WiFi and Bluetooth on with lots of activity.

I will admit to not liking the default home launcher much so I simply changed it to the Google Launcher which works great!

Clearly it's a very big device and it will not be for everyone, but as a mini tablet with phone functionality there is nothing else out there of this quality at the moment.

Update: After 2 weeks
Having used the device for few days I wanted to make a few more comments. Battery life continues to impress me with 50% comfortably remaining at the end of each day. I am a heavy user so this is helpful.

The speaker is pleasantly loud and produces good quality output. Overall the screen is very high quality, superb colours and sharpness. If I had one criticism it would be the visibility outdoors in sunlight which is at best average and I have certainly seen better.

After a few days I continue to be impressed with performance and would recommend the phone.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2016 8:23 PM BST

Professional Polyurethane Floor Paint DARK GREY 500ML
Professional Polyurethane Floor Paint DARK GREY 500ML
Offered by Transtools

5.0 out of 5 stars only one coat needed as it's very thick and easy to apply, 3 Oct. 2015
Applied it directly onto a cemented floor, only one coat needed as it's very thick and easy to apply. Really pleased with this paint and recommended.

Microsoft Surface 3 128GB Silver - tablets (Full-size tablet, Windows, Slate, Windows 8.1, Silver, Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion))
Offered by 3-Monkeys

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, compact, LTE options, 25 Aug. 2015
I bought the 4g LTE version which has this exact specification but with the added advantage of being able to add a SIM card for full mobility. Superbly made and tough as nails. No chance this is going to be bending in your bag. Came with Windows 8.1 but I was able to upgrade immediately to Windows 10 which is great.

Not quite up to the standard of the Surface Pro in terms of screen quality and performance but the smaller size and addition of LTE sold this for me. It runs Windows 10 smoothly and for general browsing and productivity I have found it just perfect. I would strongly advise going for the 4gb RAM and 128gb storage. I tried the 2gb one and it was noticeably sluggish with even the most basic tasks. Also the 64gb SSD drive is not sufficient for Windows and gets used up very quickly.

I added the Surface Pen and the keyboard accessory. While this significantly added to the cost they are such useful items and work just great with this device. The keyboard in particular is fantastic. It is backlit and snaps on instantly. It also folds over acting as a screen protector when in a bag.

Overall I am extremely satisfied with this and would definitely recommend.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mini tablet with top build and spec, 22 July 2015

I will admit to not liking the default home launcher much so I simply changed it to the Nova Launcher which works well.

Update: 25.07.15

Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2015 11:33 PM BST

Citizen Eco-Drive Satellite Wave Air Men's Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black PU Strap CC1076-02E
Price: £1,795.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning watch, amazing accuracy, 18 July 2015
I managed to pick this up in the Amazon Prime Day sale for a stonking price which i was delighted with. It came impressivlly packaged and the Citizen presentation box is something to behold. It was a bit of an event unboxing this watch.

The watch itself looks and feels spectacular. It is instantly noticeable and in just one day of wearing it at least 6 people have commented on it. It is also a big watch so if you have tiny wrists you may want to look elsewhere.

The GPS time setting is both easy to use and impressively quick. It takes about 20 seconds to lock on and update the time and so far works every time. Time accuracy is superb and so it should be.

The rubber strap with titanium inserts is very cool. I must admit it is one of the most comfortable watch straps I've ever worn and looks great

Citizen provide a 5 year warranty on this watch with an extra year if you register it on their website. This is very comforting and i dredd to think what it would cost to repair it out of warranty.

I probably would not pay RRP for the watch but with some great deals around at the moment it's certainly worth considering if you can find one. I genuinely cant stop looking at this thing, superb!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20