Profile for Andreas Iacovou > Reviews

Content by Andreas Iacovou
Top Reviewer Ranking: 214

Andreas Iacovou (London)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LG G Flex 2 5.5-Inch SIM-free Smartphone - Titanium
LG G Flex 2 5.5-Inch SIM-free Smartphone - Titanium
Offered by Diamondteck

5.0 out of 5 stars Some great new features and superb value, 18 April 2015
The first LG G Flex passed me by as the specification was poor. I was however keen on trying it out as it offered something different. I was therefore glad the the latest model is loaded with the most up to date hardware, although it would have been good to have the option of more storage (16gb just doesn't cut it for me these days).

The phone looks great and is definetely a conversation starter. It feels great to hold and use and actually feels very comfortable in my pocket. It's a well made semi-premium build device. It certainly doesn't compare to the premium feel of the new Galaxy S6 or HTC M9 but its also quite a bit cheaper so I guess thats the trade off.

Using the phone is a pleasure. It's smooth and intuitive and I love the LG tweaks to the OS and particularly the 'Knock Knock' features to wake the screen and the option set up additional gestures.

While the curve in the screen improves the handling and looks i'm not convinced its added any benefits in terms of viewing images and video. Its just too small a screen to make any difference.

I like this phone. It's nice to use, battery life is decent easily getting me through a day and it offers something a little different to the competition in terms of design. Its also priced really competitively especially when considering it comes with the latest processor and neat features like self healing skin!! I'm not planning to test it out anytime soon though but i'm sure it works just fine :-)

There is some serious competition out there at the moment from the likes of Sony, Samsung, HTC and Motorola so its great to see LG trying to differentiate and experiment with new technology. This is a really cool phone and while arguably it's main feature is a bit of a gimmick it is nevertheless pretty awesome.

K Living Opulence Chenille Black White 228x254cm Sofa Bed Blanket Throw Over
K Living Opulence Chenille Black White 228x254cm Sofa Bed Blanket Throw Over
Offered by Textile Warehouse Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars feels good and looks great, 8 April 2015
Really decent quality, feels good and looks great. Good value item. I just need to find the matching cushen covers pictured now!

Qi Infinity Power Wireless Desktop Charger for Qi Enabled Smartphones and Tablets - Retail Packaging - Black
Offered by Qi-Infinity-EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and is well made, 4 April 2015
Works perfectly with my Nexus 6 charging it through the case with no problems. Looks good and is well made, however some scratches on the front indicates maybe I got a used one. Expensive for what it is and at the time of writing, you can get the same thing under a different brand for £20 cheaper if you look around Amazon......

Nexus 6 Case, SUPCASE Google Nexus 6 Case [Unicorn Beetle Series] Premium Hybrid Bumper Case Cover for Motorola Nexus 6 (Frost Clear/Black)
Offered by I-Blason EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value and fitment, 1 April 2015
A superb case. It looks good, provides what looks like great protection and is reasonably priced. Its a bit tough to remove as its so tight but that's part of the reason its a good case. Recommended

Pioneer PL-30-K Fully Automatic Vinyl Turntable
Pioneer PL-30-K Fully Automatic Vinyl Turntable

4.0 out of 5 stars The unit feels very well made and its quite heavy (which is a good thing). It also looks and sounds great, 24 Mar. 2015
Extremely well packed and protected and delivered quickly. It took me (a relative newbie to turntables) about 15-20 minutes to set it up. The instructions were decent but I took my time as I didn't want to mess it up.

The unit feels very well made and its quite heavy (which is a good thing). It also looks and sounds great. I am comparing it to an old second hand Technics deck though so I would expect some improvement.

I am pleased with it and for a fully automatic unit, it was great value for money.

Samsung SNH-E6440BN/EX Smart Home HD Outdoor Camera
Samsung SNH-E6440BN/EX Smart Home HD Outdoor Camera
Offered by elevenfirst

4.0 out of 5 stars Great hardware, some software improvements needed, 15 Mar. 2015
I bought two of these to cover front and back of the house. I was initially quite surprised to see how small the actual camera and WiFi box were. The camera is particularly impressive and can be concealed easily if you would rather not have it visible.

Setup was a breeze and took about 5 minutes per camera. Image quality is excellent and I was especially impressed with the night vision. Motion detection works but its not quite 100% in terms of capturing every event. The camera seems to suffer from the odd connection dropout which is frustrating and down to the WiFi connection. I am thinking of connecting the main box by ethernet cable to my router in the hope that it stabilizes the connection.

The SmartCam software is okay. It is clearly 'version 1.0' and could do with a decent firmware upgrade. It's a little clunky and slow but it does work. It would also be good it allowed you to schedule when motion events are recorded. At the moment its either on or off.

In summary the hardware is fantastic but the software could do with an update at which point this would be a five star product.

Update: 17.03.15
Turns out you can schedule the times when the motion detection activates. The only way to do it is via the web based software. You can't do it using the Android app.

Lenovo Sleeve and Screen Protector for 13 inch Yoga Tablet 2 - Grey
Lenovo Sleeve and Screen Protector for 13 inch Yoga Tablet 2 - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and good quality, 10 Mar. 2015
Excellent fit and really good quality item. It also came with an genuine Lenovo screen protector which I was able to fit easily and which is so clear it's almost invisible. The case offers decent amount of protection and is quite stylish. Recommended.

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro 13.3-inch Convertible Touchscreen Tablet (Intel Atom Z3745 1.33 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC, 2x Camera, Wi-Fi, FDD LTE, BT, Android 4.4) - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb unique product, 9 Mar. 2015
I was after a genuine entertainment and media centre that can be used by the whole family. Prerequisites were a large screen and ease of use. I'd never considered Lenovo Android products previously having owned Samsung, Sony and LG offerings only. None of my usual go to manufacturers seem to make screens bigger than 12" however which is why this 13.3" monster caught my eye.

It's a real quality item which looks great. The built in stand is superb and really fit for purpose. The high resolution screen is excellent and the tablet is very quick. I replaced the default Lenovo launcher with Nova Launcher Pro because I wanted more flexibility in terms of grid size and number of home-screens and it works perfectly.

The 4G LTE version I got was priced at less that the Wi-fi only version at the time of purchase for some reason. I'm glad I got it as cellular performance is also excellent on this device. I find it to be more stable than wi-fi but this may be because I have a very strong 4G signal in my area whereas my wi-fi is not the best.

This thing also has a projector built into the base. Admittedly it's not something I ever thought I would use but funny enough now that I have it, it gets a lot of usage and a lot of comments! It really is a superb and unique feature and while it's average quality at best it is still very usable in a darkened room and lots of fun for the family.

Battery life is good (6-7 hours) however my only complaint is the time it actually takes to charge. It can take 4-5 hours to fully charge from empty. If I compare this to my Galaxy phone which takes 90 minutes it's not great but that is genuinely my only criticism of this device.

Now all I need is to find a decent case to put it in, which is no easy task i'm afraid as there does not seem to be too many out there that are good quality.

Recommended

IVSO 2 Pack of Premium Clear Screen Protectors for Lenovo YOGA 2 Pro 13.3-Inch Tablet (Clear - 2 Pack)
Offered by Gambolex

4.0 out of 5 stars one of them was damaged and therefore useless, the other was fine and fortunately fit perfectly ..., 7 Mar. 2015
Two in the pack as expected, one of them was damaged and therefore useless, the other was fine and fortunately fit perfectly with no issues (except a couple of stubborn bubbles). Decent quality and crystal clear, quite expensive for what they are though.

Samsung GALAXY Note Edge - SM-N915FY - black - 4G HSPA+ - 32 GB - GSM - Android Phone
Offered by Pod-G-Penguin

5.0 out of 5 stars A glimpse to the future, 20 Feb. 2015
I bought this direct from Samsung UK as at the time of writing Amazon were not stocking this phone.

This is basically a Galaxy Note 4. The only difference is the addition of the Edge screen technology. In every other aspect it's the same phone. For the purposes of this review I will simply focus on the Edge screen as plenty of reviews are available on Amazon for the standard Note 4.

Having the additional Edge screen is more than just a gimmick. Samsung have done a really good job integrating the additional screen and making valuable. For example, when in camera mode for example, the edge hosts the controls rather than having to use the middle of the screen. This frees up more space but also adds some nice features. The shutter button moves to the top right acting like a hard button. You can add your favorite football team to the Yahoo sports app and it will display latest news and scores or have Twitter updates scrolling across or simply have it as dock for your most used apps.

Notifications all come on the edge screen, along with several optional additional edges (panels as they are referred to) which you are able to scroll through independently of the main screen. At the time of writing there were 8 available to download from the Galaxy Store with several more in development and one or two now becoming available through the Play Store. You are even able to edit the scrolling text along the edge panel and change the wallpaper.

There is no other phone like it out there. Everyone that has seen it wants to talk about it and it really is cutting edge :-). I have enjoyed exploring what it can do and it's the first time I've been truly excited about a new phone for many years.

The phone deserves 5 stars because of the innovation it brings, the quality of build and the simply unbelievable amount of features that Samsung includes from the finger print scanner to the heart rate monitor to the top end technical specifications. I also love being able to add a 128GB micro SD card to add to the 32GB of build in storage.

If I could knock half a star off however I would because of the battery life. I came from an LG G3 which had superb battery life, easily giving me day and a half with my typical heavy usage. To compare, I do exactly the same thing on the Edge phone, loaded it with the same apps and widgets but find i'm out of juice by about 7-8pm every day. This is a real problem for me and I hope further battery efficiency will come with future updates. The other negative is the occasional lag. I put this down to Samsung's bloaty Touchwiz software but I understand this is a problem with many Samsung phones.

Overall there is enough on this phone to justify the upgrade from the current crop of top end phones. The Edge screen is the first really interesting new feature I've seen on a phone for a long time and it provides enough intrigue and options to make the phone interesting.

Couple the phone with the official Samsung Flip Case and the Edge screen becomes even more prominent displaying relevent information when the case is closed.

Update 26/01/2015
I wanted to come back and update on the battery life issue. Since my review the battery got progressively worse so i began investigating. I noticed the 'Air Wake' feature was draining up to 35% battery life so I switched it off and things improved significantly. I am now getting a full days use out of this phone which is fine with me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20